🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Sounds good so far, but Take Care IMO is his best work to date. Big reason for that is Weeknd's influence on TC. 

Am I the only one who thinks that it's some truly closed-minded **** to delete songs from an album after less than a day? Like, have you never had a song grow on you at a later time before?

I never delete songs after the first day but you kind of know which songs you don't like. I'm guessing I will keep about 5-7 songs though. The rest of the album is nothing I want to hear again.

Last edited:
I never delete songs after the first day but you kind of know which songs you don't like. I'm guessing I will keep about 5-7 songs though. The rest of the album is nothing I want to hear again.
I've had songs I hated, skipped, or ignored the first day, first week, first couple months, of an album release.

All of a sudden your life changes, things happen, maybe your music tastes change, maybe a relationship ended, maybe you lost your best friend, whatever, and all of a sudden, you fall in love with a song that you never cared for before. That's the beauty of music, it mirrors life. I can never say I have a favorite song of all time, favorite band of all time, favorite rapper, etc, because my musical tastes really depends on what my life is going through at the moment. 

Last edited:
Solid album.

Not many albums out there that I can listen to from Track 1 to the end. (Born Sinner is one of them unfortunately :smh:)

Favorite track has to be the one with Jhene Aiko or Too Much.

Dudes trying to be too cool for the music :lol:

Naw man, I'm just sensitive and it's because he did that to a Drake album :lol:

Clown ****, but do you.

You and a few others have already shown that y'all are touchy if somebody says they don't like something from Drake.

I don't need to keep playing these weak *** songs over and over to know they're weak. 3 plays and I'm good.

Best two songs: Worst Behavior and From Time. A few skippable tracks but a solid effort.

I kinda miss the hooks he's known for. I appreciate this album better than TC and TML.

Own It is terrible. :x

Some songs it feels like we're on 3-way phone convos. :lol: Personal on too close of a level.

I think the Producers won this year on every Rap album released. Only two artists who've been praised are Pusha and KDot, even though he dropped last year. I've heard more ppl talk about the productions than the actual songs themselves. :nerd:

305 to My City BANGS on my car's system

Overall I like the album. Gotta listen more to give a thorough rating.

I've had songs I hated, skipped, or ignored the first day, first week, first couple months, of an album release.

All of a sudden your life changes, things happen, maybe your music tastes change, maybe a relationship ended, maybe you lost your best friend, whatever, and all of a sudden, you fall in love with a song that you never cared for before. That's the beauty of music, it mirrors life. I can never say I have a favorite song of all time, favorite band of all time, favorite rapper, etc, because my musical tastes really depends on what my life is going through at the moment. 

I definitely understand that but there's some songs that once I cross off, I'll never like. There's certain beats on this album or certain lyrics that I can't get with and I know that I won't like. Example, Tuscan Leather. I'll never like it. He's yelling, beat sounds incomplete, its six minutes of repetition and he's off beat. I will never like that song and it will go for sure. The Language is a song that is ehhh to me, I don't see myself playing it but I'll play it a few times before I decide on deleting it or not.

Clown ****, but do you.

You and a few others have already shown that y'all are touchy if somebody says they don't like something from Drake.

I don't need to keep playing these weak *** songs over and over to know they're weak. 3 plays and I'm good.
To be fair people were saying all sorts of outlandish things about people who do like sons music basically deeming all their opinions invalid.

This is NT: the land of extremes.

Album is forgettable for the most. The only tracks I enjoyed were:
Tuscan Leather (best song on the album)
SFTB
From Time
Pound Cake (production is amazing, Jay-Z has nothing left to say)

for some reason, i am convinced this was drawn by him on that Day Care PS
roll.gif

Worst Behavior is cool, is that a Kanye 808's sample I hear? I had to skip From Time. Hold On We're Going Home is stlll not even worth a full listen. Connect was whatever. The Language I'll admit he was flowing on it, but half the things he was saying were just making me laugh, and then Baby came on and it just made the album drop down an entire grade for me. 305 To My City... ummmm, I don't know if I'd ever listen to this again.

Too Much is pretty solid. Drake did his thing on it. Pound cake is
smokin.gif
, Come Thru.... yeah, I'm gonna skip that. And I've always liked All Me, its placement at the end is kind of weird though, unless its a bonus?

Off first listen, this is probably Drakes best album, but that isn't saying much. At times dude does make good songs, but you guys calling him top 5 is blasphemous, In a year of great hip hop releases, this isn't even top 5. But I'll stay out of the thread now and let you enjoy dude's album.

And to say this is even close to GKMC.....
mean.gif
Had the same reaction.  Scanning 808's now to see if I notice anything.

Clown ****, but do you.

To be fair people were saying all sorts of outlandish things about people who do like sons music basically deeming all their opinions invalid.

This is NT: the land of extremes.

Absolutely. Around here it's like if you're a fan you have to be ride or die for somebody like your on his payroll. And if you don't like him, you have to really hate him.

I bump A LOT of Drakes music but if you don't like some of dudes songs his stans really feel hurt and go on their little tantrums or whatever. *** is crazy. :lol:

Last edited:
Girl you know we got things to do, so get your as in that car and Come Thru.

Banger 
mean.gif

Is Sampha on this?? 

Last edited:
Not impressed with the album at all. Production didn't do it for me, lyrics were solid as usual, that's the main thing that compels me to force myself thru the album. Only song that stood out somewhat is the Language. A few others are cool, nothing was really garbage, but nothing was great either. Par.

"What would jeromememeromeee think"

"When a real ***** hold you down you supposed to drown"

Man what
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ man what

i like kanye and i like yeezus but idk what all that nonsense was i read a few pages back . yeezus does not compare to nwts . i feel like a lot of yall just dont like the guy . and again i can see why , i was never a drake fan either . nothing he did impressed me and throughout all the hype i never cared to listen but this album is a great album and probably one of the better albums that will drop this year . its good to see a mainstream artist in this day and age and of his generation actually talking about something and trying to make good timeless music . i respect everything he did with this . idk man my two cent . . . 

Music would be so much better without genres attached to it.
Interesting point. This would prevent people from putting someone like drakes music under a bubble when judging it, but at the same time it would force people like me who only listen to one genre of music to listen to a bunch of stuff that they have no interest in hearing.

The thing about me is that since this is the only genre of music that I listen to I've always kept an open mind regarding it.

Back
Top Bottom