🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

the average music fan does not care about snoop and the game passing a crown to KDot on stage. Drakes co sign helped Kendricks and Asaps career, thats simple. The same way Lil Wayne's cosign helped Drake, he had a great product, but would not have been as successful without Wayne co sign. simple.

The average fan does not care about a co-sign from Drake in the same way that a Wayne co-sign works, be for real. ASAP isn't even on like that yet.

In the average fan's view, Wayne was the best out and he put Drake on everywhere he could. You knew you were getting Drake and Wayne (ie almost like Dre/Em). No one has made that connection between Drake and Kendrick Lamar. Plus, like I said, Dr. Dre carries more weight -- he mentioned Kendrick's name to millions of people just by speaking his name on Big Boy's Neighborhood ...

Define success. Do you mean money and sales? I don't think it's unfair to say drake or the weeknd or Kendrick would have found the same amount of stardom without these co signs. These are all talented and unique artists who are appealing

Wished we had extra verses on the second part of Further, Wu Tang Forever, Worst Behavior, Pound Cake and First Par of Come Thru. The lack of verses tells me Drake was a bit lazy this time around.

Especially letting Hov have the majority time of Pound Cake and not doing justice to that Jake One beat.

Wished we had extra verses on the second part of Further, Wu Tang Forever, Worst Behavior, Pound Cake and First Par of Come Thru. The lack of verses tells me Drake was a bit lazy this time around.

Especially letting Hov have the majority time of Pound Cake and not doing justice to that Jake One beat.

Hov had the majority of the time on Pound Cake because it was originally his song.

Drake should have made the second part of Furthest Thing it's own song because that beat is immaculate, Jake One is a god.

Yall realize that the West Coast legends handed Kendrick the crown right? That had zero to do with Drake and it's never been done before

the average music fan does not care about snoop and the game passing a crown to KDot on stage. Drakes co sign helped Kendricks and Asaps career, thats simple. The same way Lil Wayne's cosign helped Drake, he had a great product, but would not have been as successful without Wayne co sign. simple.

You're crazy, Snoop and Dr. Dre's credibility > Drakes. Wayne mentored, worked on a mixtape, brought on tour, and signed Drake; All Drake did for Kendrick was bring him on tour and hop on a single that wasn't even the biggest single on his album. Dre mentioned his name before Drake did, mentored, worked on an album, signed, and brought Kendrick out during Cochella.

CD has a lot of replay value to me.

Fav. Tracks:

Too Much
Language
Tuscan Leather
Pound Cake
Furthest Thing
Worst Behavior
Hold On

You're crazy, Snoop and Dr. Dre's credibility > Drakes. Wayne mentored, worked on a mixtape, brought on tour, and signed Drake; All Drake did for Kendrick was bring him on tour and hop on a single that wasn't even the biggest single on his album. Dre mentioned his name before Drake did, mentored, worked on an album, signed, and brought Kendrick out during Cochella.

You're silly if you believe Snoop and Dre's credibility/cosign is worth more than Drake's. As of right now at this very moment, Drake's name holds more weight with the culture and what matters most: the people. The People who listen to Hip-Hop are the young people, always has been that way. If you honestly believe that the young people of today value Snoop and Dre's opinion on what's hot over Drake's then...I don't know what to tell you. I'm not even arguing who did more, because in this comparison it doesn't matter. Snoop and Dre's "cosignage" doesn't reach the amount of people as a Drake cosign, despite if Snoop or Dre did it first.

Drake put Kendrick Lamar on his blog multiple times, (His blog has been proven to be a rather important evaluator in music with the people) a GRAMMY award winning album, and brought him on tour. Grasp that. Most of the people on that tour did not even know who Kendrick (or Rocky) was. It seems foreign to most to say that, but unless you were deep into hip-hop culture checking the blogs, (which over half of a drake crowd isn't) you wouldn't know who they were. And that in my opinion, is why Drake's cosign meant more, and why is cosign played a significant part in the blow up of those two artist.

Doesnt mean that Drake couldnt go in the studio and add two verses instead off one. Imagine if Jay just added one verse to Renegade...SMH

True, i'm not debating that. He could of just used one of those j**** verses that j**** sent him too. To be fair, I hate J**** on Pound Cake and skip to PMM2 the moment he starts rapping :lol:

CD has grown on me the more I listen to it. If I were asked to be a critic on it, then I would have to point out how shallow it is content wise. Most of the album comes off a bit repetitive and narcissistic, and if I were a critic I would be inclined to say he is saying virtually the same **** in every song.

However, since I don't have to channel my inner pitchfork, I don't have to look at the flaws of the album and I can just appreciate it for what it is. It's sonically good, the production is nice, and Drake does a nice job singing, rapping, and singing & rapping together on the album. It's a pleasing musical experience to the ear and I enjoy it, more and more the more I listen to the album.

You're silly if you believe Snoop and Dre's credibility/cosign is worth more than Drake's. As of right now at this very moment, Drake's name holds more weight with the culture and what matters most: the people. The People who listen to Hip-Hop are the young people, always has been that way. If you honestly believe that the young people of today value Snoop and Dre's opinion on what's hot over Drake's then...I don't know what to tell you. I'm not even arguing who did more, because in this comparison it doesn't matter. Snoop and Dre's "cosignage" doesn't reach the amount of people as a Drake cosign, despite if Snoop or Dre did it first.

Drake put Kendrick Lamar on his blog multiple times, (His blog has been proven to be a rather important evaluator in music with the people) a GRAMMY award winning album, and brought him on tour. Grasp that. Most of the people on that tour did not even know who Kendrick (or Rocky) was. It seems foreign to most to say that, but unless you were deep into hip-hop culture checking the blogs, (which over half of a drake crowd isn't) you wouldn't know who they were. And that in my opinion, is why Drake's cosign meant more, and why is cosign played a significant part in the blow up of those two artist.

I disagree, Dre dropped headphones with his name on it and everybody within and outside of the culture went crazy for them but his credibility/cosign doesn't hold weight? He had thee biggest performance at Cochella and is known further internationally than Drake but his credibility/cosign doesn't reach the amount of people as a Drake cosign? Hell, lil wayne cosigned him years ago and it didn't do anything, are you saying that Wayne's cosign in 07 is significantly worth less than Drakes in 2013? Kendricks name took off more so because Dr. Dre mentioned him and Pharrell was in the studio with him during the Section.80 sessions which probably played a role in Drake noticing. Not to mention Kendrick was on the XXL cover before Section.80 even dropped and he had the internet buzzing with his verse from "The City" on Game's album which all happened before that tour, the blog stuff and buried alive. "Most of the people on that tour did not even know who Kendrick (or Rocky) was" says who? I agree with Rocky but Kendrick was had a good buzz.

Last edited:
I disagree, Dre dropped headphones with his name on it and everybody within and outside of the culture went crazy for them but his credibility/cosign doesn't hold weight? He had thee biggest performance at Cochella and is known further internationally than Drake but his credibility/cosign doesn't reach the amount of people as a Drake cosign? Hell, lil wayne cosigned him years ago and it didn't do anything, are you saying that Wayne's cosign in 07 is significantly worth less than Drakes in 2013? Kendricks name took off more so because Dr. Dre mentioned him and Pharrell was in the studio with him during the Section.80 sessions which probably played a role in Drake noticing. Not to mention Kendrick was on the XXL cover before Section.80 even dropped and he had the internet buzzing with his verse from "The City" on Game's album which all happened before that tour, the blog stuff and buried alive. "Most of the people on that tour did not even know who Kendrick (or Rocky) was" says who? I agree with Rocky but Kendrick was had a good buzz.

You said it yourself, he had the "Internet Buzzing." That is true, I never disagree with that. What i'm saying, is that the translation to national superstar had more to do with Drake, in comparison to Dr. Dre.

I never said DR Dre's cosign doesn't hold weight, but it's not nearly as great as a Drake cosign is. Let me ask you this, do you really think the average fan cares about who Dr. Dre thinks has next or who Drake thinks has next? Honestly.

I'm not debating that Kendrick didn't have buzz prior to the Drake cosign. What i'm saying is that Dre cosign didn't take him over the top to superstar status, Drake catapulted him to a degree (not fully) to the next level. If you believe that a Dre cosign means more in TODAY'S CLIMATE, TODAY'S HIP-HOP CULTURE, then I don't know what to say, you just have a different view/pulse on what the people value as hot.

I never said DR Dre's cosign doesn't hold weight, but it's not nearly as great as a Drake cosign is. Let me ask you this, do you really think the average fan cares about who Dr. Dre thinks has next or who Drake thinks has next? Honestly.
Drake think Migos got next

Drake think Migos got next

In actuality, he doesn't. Drake did to Migos what he did to Future, and others. He sees what's hot regionally, and jumps on it before the national Hip-Hop and music crowd catches on to it.

By doing this, he looks as if he's cosigning them, giving them that pub. when in actuality, he's just using them to reach a different demographic, and get on the hottest song(s) out. This way, he gets in the club without sacrificing his art. It also makes him appear that he's "helping them out," discovering them.

Straight out of the 48 laws of power. Brilliant tactical move tbh.

In actuality, he doesn't. Drake did to Migos what he did to Future, and others. He sees what's hot regionally, and jumps on it before the national Hip-Hop and music crowd catches on to it.

By doing this, he looks as if he's cosigning them, giving them that pub. when in actuality, he's just using them to reach a different demographic, and get on the hottest song(s) out. This way, he gets in the club without sacrificing his art. It also makes him appear that he's "helping them out," discovering them.

Migos said Drake told them "they got next" after he was rappin to them their songs on their mixtape, over the phone. Off that, they said they sent him Versace to get on....
I wont pretend to know what Drake thinks, but thats what Migos said Drake said/did.

Last edited:

True, hes been doing that for years.

]

You said it yourself, he had the "Internet Buzzing." That is true, I never disagree with that. What i'm saying, is that the translation to national superstar had more to do with Drake, in comparison to Dr. Dre.

I'm not debating that Kendrick didn't have buzz prior to the Drake cosign. What i'm saying is that Dre cosign didn't take him over the top to superstar status, Drake catapulted him to a degree (not fully) to the next level. If you believe that a Dre cosign means more in TODAY'S CLIMATE, TODAY'S HIP-HOP CULTURE, then I don't know what to say, you just have a different view/pulse on what the people value as hot.

How did he catapult him? What happened after the things Drake did that blew him up? I didn't see K. dot blow up as a result of what drake did because the momentum was already going there. Those things didn't create the anticipation of GKMC. The internet is the reason why TODAY'S CLIMATE, TODAY'S HIP-HOP CULTURE is the way it is so him having it buzzing without drakes help says a lot. If you don't believe having Dre sign him and Executive Produce the album in hip-hop PERIOD doesn't mean more then I don't know what to say. Him signing to Aftermath alone put him on numerous mag covers.

Migos said Drake told them "they got next" after he was rappin to them their songs on their mixtape, over the phone. Off that, they said they sent him Versace to get on....
I wont pretend to know what Drake thinks, but thats what Migos said Drake said/did.

You're missing the point. Of course he would tell them that. He wants to use them and their record to get into the clubs and reach that hood/dirty demographic. He's getting in good with them. And besides, he very well may think that they have next as far as being that new trap, dirty, simplified sound.

That doesn't change the fact that he's using them and their record to get into the clubs and get into people's cars/ears that he otherwise wouldn't be able to get in to.

Why do you think most of the time Drake's club/ratchet records are via features and not his own records? When you hear drake in the club, it's hardly ever his song. He uses features to stay relevant, and he has his ears and eyes all in the most popping U.S. cities music wise. Before those guys get national attention and acclaim, he'll jump on their record, cosign them, and boom. Drake has now "made another hit," is "in the clubs," and has now "made another act." Most people legit think Versace is Drake's song, and that he made Migos. This, whether intentionally or unintentionally, is Drake's aim.

He is immersed all facets of the Hip-Hop culture, but is always cognizant and aware of how he appears to the national audience. This strategy is his way of being in the culture, without being identified (or typecasted) as that part of the culture. And He probably genuinely likes the people he cosigns, but this is a business and he uses the weight and talent behind his name brilliantly.

Last edited:
More debating 0]

Pretty much. No one will convince the other, both are right in their own mind so waste of space and typing at this point.

th

Just came in to say Worst Behavior is one of the best trap cadence records ive heard in forever. It will sound good clean and gives a different look, maybe then his dumb videos will make sense.

After giving NWTS a listen IMO Take Care>>NTWS.
Take Care has more replay value. I dont even wanna listen to NTWS a second time.

Back
Top Bottom