🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Eyes closed, just swaingin'

Shoeking2101 and Antidope said enough already.....:smokin

NT always has a problem with discerning between opinion and fact.

There is nothing wrong with not liking/liking something......but to assume/presume your opinion is fact and everyone else should share that exact same sentiment is foolish.

Also it is possible to respect something that you don't like. If a person does not like Lebron James, but can acknowledge that he is the greatest player in the League currently....that is a smart person.

When you start making blanket statements out of desperation to support your feelings.....it looks foolish.

Drake is definitely going to be the biggest hip hop artist of this generation without a doubt, I feel for y'all who don't vibe with the young king because there is no one out there ******g with him at all on a lot of different levels.

Man they said the same thing about Nelly.

Im not rooting against dude but I can see the general public moving on soon.

My brother and I were just talking about Nelly the other day while drawing a comparison to Drake. He said that Drakes next album should be a SweatSuit type of deal to appease everyone.

But by Nellys third album he was making trash, Drake isnt doing that. I see what you're saying cause the trajectory of their careers is very similar at this point but I dont see that happening to Drake.

Nelly :lol:

That's ridiculous; Nelly was a pure bubble gum radio rapper

He basically was the pop version of Ja Rule

Last edited:
My boy used to be a devout Degressi and Avatar watcher back in the day :lol:. One day, like April 2007 we're going to meet up with some chicks and he throws on Going in for life and Man of the Year off comeback season. He was like "This is Drake he's off Degressi and he's nice man". I was like " :lol: :lol: :lol: mannn I'm not listening to no one from that stupid show". Then he played that track with Trey Songz "Give Ya" and I was "Whoa...this track is nice. But he won't make it big man." Crazy how far he made it :lol:

Nelly:lol:

Bubble gum radio rapper? We're in a Drake thread fam. :lol:

Nelly wasnt a pure bubble gum rapper dude was very urban who somehow appealed to the pop lane. Son was throwing up crip sets on his album art. :lol:

I was listening to CG the other day like I dont know how this **** went Diamond.

Obviously Drake is more talented than Nelly but Nelly at his peak was bigger than Drake. Maybe because the times were different. Pre-internet, etc.

But we see how times change quick in this fickle genre. When fans start using your name as a joke "Drake be like" the turn is coming.

I just like to use the Nelly comparison because dude was the biggest Rap popstar of my time. I seen how quick the fall off comes. I mean look at 50. And yea his 3rd album is better than Nelly's so that is a good sign.

But let me know when Drake gets anywhere near a Super Bowl halftime show.

I'm a big Nelly fan, but this is outright ridiculous.

First of all, in my opinion, Nelly isn't NEARLY this skilled or consistent in either singing or rapping.

Second, son's fall off had way more to do with him taking a long break from music in a period of time where the music industry was changing than "the general public moving on." He came back and immediately unleashed "Just A Dream", which was wildly successful and probably would've driven strong album sales a few years ago when the two actually still correlated.

Finally, Nelly isn't as marketable as Drake. A rapper/singer who can act, comes from a place that was literally irrelevant musically before him and Justin Bieber, is half Jewish, and is viewed as being a well-mannered, friendly face for young America? His PR team (if he even bothered hiring one) has the easiest job in the world.

Drake has the muse of corny memes/jokes for years now, he'll be alright :lol:

The funny thing is, most of the people cracking those jokes still play his music regularly. They just want a few RT's and emoji's from girls they'll never smash.

Last edited:
Yea the difference between Nelly & Drake is the fact that Drake has shown he can make GREAT music and still do pop records. You NEVER heard anyone claim nelly was top of his genre the same can't be said for Drake....

Can i see his numbers declining yea.... but do i see him not being a Huge factor in rap for the next several years no... simply put he raps too well for that.

Nelly:lol:

Nelly wasnt a pure bubble gum rapper dude was very urban who somehow appealed to the pop lane. Son was throwing up crip sets on his album art. :lol:

I was listening to CG the other day like I dont know how this **** went Diamond.

Obviously Drake is more talented than Nelly but Nelly at his peak was bigger than Drake. Maybe because the times were different. Pre-internet, etc.

But we see how times change quick in this fickle genre. When fans start using your name as a joke "Drake be like" the turn is coming.

I just like to use the Nelly comparison because dude was the biggest Rap popstar of my time. I seen how quick the fall off comes. I mean look at 50. And yea his 3rd album is better than Nelly's so that is a good sign.

If they ever allowed rap to do the superbowl agian, Drake is the second name on that list behind Jay Z

My brother and I were just talking about Nelly the other day while drawing a comparison to Drake. He said that Drakes next album should be a SweatSuit type of deal to appease everyone.

But by Nellys third album he was making trash, Drake isnt doing that. I see what you're saying cause the trajectory of their careers is very similar at this point but I dont see that happening to Drake.

Nelly and Drake is a very apt comparison. The Ja Rule/Drake comparisons I heard way back were laughable.

People really gonna front on Country Grammar and Free City huh?? :smh:

I've seen some stupid things said on Niketalk but this deserves an award

Super Bowl halftime show is a measuring stick now :lol:

I can't even begin to reason with people comparing Nelly to Drake

Good lord

It's not that outrageous of a comparison, as they have taken similar lanes. However, to think Drake has a chance of falling off soon because Nelly did at some point, and people like to crack corny jokes about him is just outright stupid. I damn near feel like Tune is trolling man :lol:

I still actually remember you trying to put me on back in like 2007-2008 on HHBoard and I kept sleeping until I finally peeped that unofficial Heartbreak Drake tape in late 2008 and it's been history ever since :lol:

The boy Aubrey winning man :smokin

Haha wayy back man. Gunit world and **** :smh: :lol:

Y'all fronting on best I ever had tho? :smh: song is still :pimp:

I remember being super hyped for so far gone to drop after watching the vid of drake and his team mixing the OG uptown with Wayne on the hook, still one of my fav drake songs btw. Wayne got off :pimp:

I got nothing but love for Nelly but he was never gonna go down as an all time great; he was a product of his time

Drake is literally changing rap right now and could very well be talked about as GOAT some day. People can hate on Drake but that's the truth right there; only time will tell.

If you are strictly going on buzz and potential than Drake is more comparable to 50

Last edited:
I got nothing but love for Nelly but he was never gonna go down as an all time great; he was a product of his time

Drake is literally changing rap right now and could very well be talked about as GOAT some day. People can hate on Drake but that's the truth right there; only time will tell.

If you are strictly going on buzz and potential than Drake is more comparable to 50

I think the 50 thing is much more accurate considering that while Both were EXTREMELY popular in the mainstream the thing that pushed them to the mainstream was there excellent string of good music. 50 At one point was considered maybe not a GOAT but he was in talks as far s making the best musical product... then he ran out of things to talk about and couldn't advance his sound. That's where drake has the edge although his subject matter seems to be pretty limited he has ALWAYS refreshed his sound from project to project. Musically and mood wise there are huge noticable changes.

I want to agree with you, but I cant. 50 Cent Buzz is a whole different level. It was unreal and will never happen again. I never heard anyone say anything negative about 50 when he was in his prime, he could literally do no wrong.

Nelly was a big fish in a big pond, and gradually declined after time simply passed him him by. Drake is a big fish in a relatively small pond almost by default based on the time period. I can somewhat see how he may be changing music though (big time emphasis on somewhat, cause I can't argue a good case for it myself)

Ehh, pound for pound, track for track, drake has the comfortable edge over 50

No doubt but I was just trying to make a more legit comparison than Nelly

Dudes are just in here trolling

And FYI if you've never played the Super Bowl halftime show you aren't legendary like say LMFAO :lol:

Last edited:
That break from 2004 to 2008ish killed Nelly. he didn't stand out anymore because the niche he carved out was gone when he south took over and he was just another "rapper"

Drake is guranteed to be one of the biggest artists of all time, but he will phase out just like Nelly, 50 & Ja Rule. Nelly was hot with Country Grammar & Nellyville but sort of fell off after Sweat & Suit dropped. Ja Rule's fanbase just turned on him when 50 was going at him and them Em & Dre joined to bury him. 50 just isolated himself by dissing everybody and started to make the same boring music over and over again. that's where Drake falls in. his music is becoming redundant. don't get me wrong he still drops some dope music, but the impact is wearing off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom