🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

How to Love was massive

I'm not a Lil Wayne fan but respect the hell out of his work ethic

He would need to create some serious buzz for the Carter 5 to go plat first week though

Last edited:
Impossible to say . . . SFTB through the summer with HOWGH RIGHT before the album drops . . . could have made no difference, could have got him 500k more copies​

That's like asking what if A Milli came out 6 months earlier than it did . . .​

Also, I refuse to believe that C4 sold as much as it did on it's own . . . Birdman must have had people buying albums . . . If I remember correctly, it not only sold 1 million in a week but it was like almost 2 million in a week or two . . . His buzz wasn't even that high, in fact a lot of people were clowning him because that year I specifically remember this ***** wore zebra print leggings at the VMA's :lol:

How To Love and 6'7'' weren't even huge singles​

They were huge singles :lol:

Ok, **** it # 2 got me...
pimp.gif

After a couple days of listening to the album, the only two songs I like are "Tuscan Leather 
pimp.gif
" and "Furthest Thing". The rest are pretty lame. 

laugh.gif

What on earth?
They were huge as far as charts . . . alot of times those types of fans don't really buy albums, just the singles . . . I meant you didn't really feel like Wayne had a buzz . . . Drake's buzz was bigger around that time IMO . . . But then again, chart performance is the only way to judge a single and I forgot about John and She Will (which was one of the few good tracks on C4) . . . 

I don't see how he sold 2 MILLION in a week or two off of that tho . . . I will always believe Birdman had people buying copies. IDC 
laugh.gif

Yo is Jay getting a pass for that "bopping" lip poppin sound he made as an adlib on Pound Cake?

3:32 to be exact

Last edited:

:lol:

What on earth?

They were huge as far as charts . . . alot of times those types of fans don't really buy albums, just the singles . . . I meant you didn't really feel like Wayne had a buzz . . . Drake's buzz was bigger around that time IMO . . . But then again, chart performance is the only way to judge a single and I forgot about John and She Will (which was one of the few good tracks on C4) . . . ​

I don't see how he sold 2 MILLION in a week or two off of that tho . . . I will always believe Birdman had people buying copies. IDC :lol:

I could see that on "How To Love" because that was more of a Pop record that wasn't on my radar, but 6'7" was massive in every type of way.

Don't disagree on the Birdman front.

But I'll always say people invest in artists when they buy albums. And Wayne had it like that at that point.

They aren't just driven by singles to buy albums anymore. They'll just spend the 1.29 on iTunes for that.

Last edited:
Li_' Wa_n_ gave Cory Gunz the biggest lob ever on 6Ft 7ft, and all that came of it was an at times uncomfortable to watch MTV show

I went to MIA this year and ran into Corey Gunz. Dude was buying weed in back alleys and walking around the streets with no one knowing who he was :lol:

Back
Top Bottom