🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

y'all make good points.

i retract my previous statement

Edit: well i didn't have a statement, rather a question.

Tune you answered it well. :smokin

Overall sales are at an all time low

2011 isn't 2013

This is going to be the 2nd biggest debut of 2013...that is buzz

y'all make good points.

i retract my previous statement

Edit: well i didn't have a statement, rather a question.

Tune you answered it well.
smokin.gif

Overall sales are at an all time low

2011 isn't 2013

This is going to be the 2nd biggest debut of 2013...that is buzz
This. Its all relative. Him doing these kinds of numbers is equivalent to selling a million first week to me and I've said that before in here. For 2013 rap, these numbers are astronomical and the only person who can do better than this week one in todays game is Young Tunafish and only Carter 5 would have a shot.

Last edited:
Drake - Nothing Was The Same - CM/YM/Universal Republic - 658,000 (First Week)

That's...I mean, that's only a 30k jump from the last album. Considering all the press and promo he did this time around, I know they weren't expecting that number. Still Gold in a week with ease, but i'm sure they didn't expect to be that close in first week numbers to Take Care.

Still a win though.658k first week is :whew: that's more than Yeezus and Born Sinner combined.

It goes without saying that Drake and his team(they wont say it to him of course) will be disappointing with those numbers. He is at least 5x more popular since Take Care

What are you guys talking about?

It's the 2nd highest debut in 2013 behind Justin Timberlake :lol:

Last edited:

Well by that standard, it's a success. I don't think anyone is debating that it isn't a "success" relative to the rest of the industry.

But by his standards, it wasn't that much of a win. Just last week on 106 he said he was going for a million records sold. He sold 30k more than his last effort, and that's with a whole lot of promo this time. With all that campaigning going on, I guarantee you they didn't project his first week sales to be this close to Take Care's first week sales.

It's the 2nd highest debut in 2013 behind Justin Timberlake
laugh.gif

Well by that standard, it's a success. I don't think anyone is debating that it isn't a "success" relative to the rest of the industry.

But by his standards, it wasn't that much of a win. Just last week on 106 he said he was going for a million records sold. He sold 30k more than his last effort, and that's with a whole lot of promo this time. With all that campaigning going on, I guarantee you they didn't project his first week sales to be this close to Take Care's first week sales.
Those expectations were highly unrealistic and I think he himself knows that. it would be nice to see, but for rap in 2013? No way. I would have loved to see it happen, but I knew that it wouldnt have. Nothing he could have done to change that.

laugh.gif

Those expectations were highly unrealistic and I think he himself knows that. it would be nice to see, but for rap in 2013? No way. I would have loved to see it happen, but I knew that it wouldnt have. Nothing he could have done to change that.
In rap, timing is everything

Just like Big Sean should have released Guap at the beginning of this summer . . . Drake should have released Started From The Bottom at the beginning of summer . . . would have been bigger than A Milli and we saw an amended version of what could have been with everyone jumping on that SFTB beat for a minute in Feb-March

3rd come November

I remember that fact that people KEPT buying Recovery as being the most mind-blowing event to happen in 2010 for me :lol:

Wonder how 2013 will treat him with him not having a "Love the Way You Lie" to bring in crossover support this time around.

Last edited:

3rd come November

I remember that fact that people KEPT buying Recovery as being the most mind-blowing event to happen in 2010 for me :lol:

Wonder how 2013 will treat him with him not having a "Love the Way You Lie" to bring in crossover support this time around.
oooooh so what direction has he said this album is going????
will it be like slim shady or mmlp or what???

oooooh so what direction has he said this album is going????
will it be like slim shady or mmlp or what???

I can't say for sure, I kind of stopped liking his music a few years ago.

It's called Marshall Mathers LP II though, so I guess a MMLP direction.

laugh.gif
3rd come November
I remember that fact that people KEPT buying Recovery as being the most mind-blowing event to happen in 2010 for me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
sick.gif

It was damn near scary the weekly numbers he was doing nearly a year after that album dropped.

And as poopy as that Berserk single is IMO..... that dude and his ppl know the industry in and out. He'll drop something btwn now and then thatll have the same effect LtWYL had

Last edited:

In rap, timing is everything​

Just like Big Sean should have released Guap at the beginning of this summer . . . Drake should have released Started From The Bottom at the beginning of summer . . . would have been bigger than A Milli and we saw an amended version of what could have been with everyone jumping on that SFTB beat for a minute in Feb-March​
I saw you say this earlier, how much more do you really think he could have sold if he did what you said? I'm thinking like 80 more. A million copies in rap is all but over now only Carta 5 has a chance and I'm just basing that off past performance

only rapper still capable of selling a milli in week 1 is Eminem right now
IDK man Lil'Wayne did that with Carter 5 off the strength of 6 Foot 7 and She will. After that I've learned not to underestimate the amount of hype for that album series. Carter 5 could do it.

New Poll btw

laugh.gif

In rap, timing is everything​
Just like Big Sean should have released Guap at the beginning of this summer . . . Drake should have released Started From The Bottom at the beginning of summer . . . would have been bigger than A Milli and we saw an amended version of what could have been with everyone jumping on that SFTB beat for a minute in Feb-March​
I saw you say this earlier, how much more do you really think he could have sold if he did what you said? I'm thinking like 80 more. A million copies in rap is all but over now only Carta 5 has a chance and I'm just basing that off past performance
Impossible to say . . . SFTB through the summer with HOWGH RIGHT before the album drops . . . could have made no difference, could have got him 500k more copies

That's like asking what if A Milli came out 6 months earlier than it did . . .

Also, I refuse to believe that C4 sold as much as it did on it's own . . . Birdman must have had people buying albums . . . If I remember correctly, it not only sold 1 million in a week but it was like almost 2 million in a week or two . . . His buzz wasn't even that high, in fact a lot of people were clowning him because that year I specifically remember this ***** wore zebra print leggings at the VMA's
laugh.gif

How To Love and 6'7'' weren't even huge singles

How To Love and 6'7'' weren't even huge singles​

Incorrect. 6'7" actually hit number 9 on the Top 100 and sold 3 million single downloads, and How to Love was his highest charting solo single at number 5 on the Top 100, along with 4 million single downloads.

John didn't do too bad either, and Mirrors got radio play.

Back
Top Bottom