🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

drake is a song writer, can sing a hook, rap it or both

and he's not in a smaller pond, everybody can play in this internet age

drake has to get on a song with phonte, until then he can't posture as the best until he faces the fears of being renegade'd at his own formula

he's def in the lead tho

Would you ****** atleast agree that Carter 3 had BUZZ.... And Carter 4 was a dip?

Well look at that they sold the same amount of records first week.

TC & NWTS are about to sell the same first week too so I Dont get why y'all acting like son doubled up or something.

So get that whole he must have a bigger buzz since he's selling as many records.

U let NT tell it Macklemore has no buzz yet he outsold all your favorite popular rappers this year

Since number never lie let's compare

TML first week = 450k

TC first week = 630k fort week

NWTS prom first week = 675k

So you ****** telling me a 45k increase is somehow a bigger achievement than a 200k?

If he was as big as he was in 2011 wouldn't the numbers show a bigger increase?

Let me get my logical *** outta here

drake is a song writer, can sing a hook, rap it or both

and he's not in a smaller pond, everybody can play in this internet age

drake has to get on a song with phonte, until then he can't posture as the best until he faces the fears of being renegade'd at his own formula

he's def in the lead tho

The Internet doesn't level the playing field for anyone, it just overexposes and over saturates the music, which is why there seems to be more people trying to make music than there are actual music fans. Back when Nelly was hot, you had loads of other big time heavyweights at the same time. In 2013, it's much harder to sustain success since all that music is just one click away, making everything microwaveable. Keep in mind I'm eliminating touring stuff, cause there's a lot of internet sensations out there who tour like crazy from their YouTube following, but are nowhere on the charts nor tv, and are practically invisible.

Would you ****** atleast agree that Carter 3 had BUZZ.... And Carter 4 was a dip?

TC & NWTS are about to sell the same first week too so I Dont get why y'all acting like son doubled up or something.

So get that whole he must have a bigger buzz since he's selling as many records.

U let NT tell it Macklemore has no buzz yet he outsold all your favorite popular rappers this year

TML first week = 450k

So you ****** telling me a 45k increase is somehow a bigger achievement than a 200k?

Shhhhh

The Internet doesn't level the playing field for anyone, it just overexposes and over saturates the music, which is why there seems to be more people trying to make music than there are actual music fans. Back when Nelly was hot, you had loads of other big time heavyweights at the same time. In 2013, it's much harder to sustain success since all that music is just one click away, making everything microwaveable. Keep in mind I'm eliminating touring stuff, cause there's a lot of internet sensations out there who tour like crazy from their YouTube following, but are nowhere on the charts nor tv, and are practically invisible.

this is why the pond isn't smaller, there are way more artists out that people DO listen to and it's easier to find new artists and music in general

drake just said how he got the beat for started from the bottom, he was just a random dude that shot some beats to a battle rapper hollow tha don and hollow shot it to drake

he's now solidified in the game off one track

livemixtapes app and itunes radio is breaking the game open even wider

there are less mega stars but more acts with core audiences that support, it can be argued that there aren't less mega stars just less mega albums

Drake really needs to stop leaving tracks like Free Spirit, DMCB, Jodecis Back, 5 Am, 9Am etc of his albums. Let them know why you should be respected. When people reflect on him and his work these tracks will be forgotten (by casual fans/critics) since they never made the albums.

this is why the pond isn't smaller, there are way more artists out that people DO listen to and it's easier to find new artists and music in general
drake just said how he got the beat for started from the bottom, he was just a random dude that shot some beats to a battle rapper hollow tha don and hollow shot it to drake
he's now solidified in the game off one track
livemixtapes app and itunes radio is breaking the game open even wider
there are less mega stars but more acts with core audiences that support, it can be argued that there aren't less mega stars just less mega albums

I somewhat agree with that part, but I guess i should change my original comment, Drake is a big fish in a large vastly diluted pond.

In this same thread you also said that you will never like Drake because he is the contirbuting factor behind the emasculation of the black man. Those are much stronger comments than "I like four tracks"

I'm the guy who said Take Care was flawless and I stand by that statement.

This is rap music, dudes puff their chest and say stuff about being hard that they would never do all the time. Every trap rapper claims they would wet up an entire block, and cause this guy says that if you step to him he wouldnt run theres a big issue? Thats the same stuff that any normal person would do, its nowhere close to trying to be hard. Those claims were always reaches to me.

My comments are invalid though cause my avi is the album cover.

Drake didn't say he wouldn't run...he said he'd catch a body. Son...a body. Who's taking that serious??

Drake really needs to stop leaving tracks like Free Spirit, DMCB, Jodecis Back, 5 Am, 9Am etc of his albums. Let them know why you should be respected. When people reflect on him and his work these tracks will be forgotten (by casual fans/critics) since they never made the albums.

Truth.

His best work hasn't been on his album releases.

Last edited:
I remember that :lol:

I think he was performing Wildfire or something and peeped her lurking with her lurker ***

Caught me off-guard when son threw her to the wolves like that.

Exactly. That's why dudes saying drake is 50 or ja rule are simply wrong. Dudes catalog is superior dude has several tracks that aren't even on his retail albums.. Not to mention his mixtapes

TML first week = 450k

chill bro don't make too much sense to these nimwits

Drake collaborated with the Toronto Blue Jays and they gave him their logo. He's also partnering with the Raptors, two multimillion dollar sports franchise coming to a rapper, but you right he's not that hot.

You get rewarded for what you did not for what your gonna do. He's getting love from **** he did previously. You know the mainstream slow. Remember how long Wayne was hot before he really blew up mainstream. Nobody outside of the music industry was looking at Wayne till C3.

Truth.

His best work hasn't been on his album releases.

I agree. I still play all those songs regularly. It's a shame they didnt make the albums.

He's marketing to people who will actually buy the album

Putting 5am holds no relevance since it's been downloaded off sites for months

You get rewarded for what you did not for what your gonna do. He's getting love from **** he did previously. You know the mainstream slow. Remember how long Wayne was hot before he really blew up mainstream. Nobody outside of the music industry was looking at Wayne till C3.

TML first week = 450k

y'all make good points.

i retract my previous statement

Edit: well i didn't have a statement, rather a question.

Tune you answered it well. :smokin

Last edited:
Straight from the bottom of the map...literally, comes Franchise n Yung, a hip hop duo out of Houston, Texas. The group was formed in 2006 and has prided themselves on striving for lyrical excellence ever since. Recently they have just released their 4th project titled "Summer of Dreams,' which chronicles FnY's epic Summer where they opened for Riff Raff, Jacob Latimore, Lil Debbie, and Shwayze, as well as hosting and throwing some of the wildest parties in the South. This party lifestyle has become a signature trademark of FnY, and has become what they are well known for. This is never more apparent than in their latest effort, which features Houston notables Young Genocide and OG Che$$. Download link: http://franchisenyung.bandcamp.com/releases
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/franchisenyung
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/franchisenyung

Should've made a thread instead of trying to trick people to listen

based off the numbers that would make drakes buzz bout the same as last years tho

not really smaller or bigger

and c4 sold less than c3 so that would make waynes buzz lower and his second week sales for c4 were worse (i think)

am i missing something?

Back
Top Bottom