🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

^I'm pretty sure they are going to be seperate, wayne shot his verse before he went in. but what happend to unforgettable being a single? is that still planned?

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

ONE OF DRAKE'S BEST FREESTYLES/RAPS EVER.

I wish this was a song. If you click and listen, you would agree.

"i never bend like a ninja fractured his knee"... drizzy predicting his own future
eek.gif
laugh.gif

So....

Last night my promo company and saturday club residency that i promote/dj at hosted Drake afterparty....

we paid 20k + his alcohol rider which was redic.

sold out - 900 through the door..packed house and dude disappointed me... i wasnt asking him to perform a song or anything but to at least say, "HEY GUYS, THANKS FOR COMING OUT..."

he stayed in his booth and drank, not caring about anyone or anything...as people watched him. hes a total %***, not even a cool dude at all from my experience with him last night. he then tried to go after people in the lot as he was leaving....and his dj Future tried to as well.

good times....ornot.

Originally Posted by theHBkid

So....

Last night my promo company and saturday club residency that i promote/dj at hosted Drake afterparty....

sold out - 900 through the door..packed house and dude disappointed me... i wasnt asking him to perform a song or anything but to at least say, "HEY GUYS, THANKS FOR COMING OUT..."

he stayed in his booth and drank, not caring about anyone or anything...as people watched him. hes a total %***, not even a cool dude at all from my experience with him last night. he then tried to go after people in the lot as he was leaving....and his dj Future tried to as well.

good times....ornot.

how much money did ya'll make?

Plus from my experience celebs aint trying to talk in the club. But dude was trying to fight?
laugh.gif

So....

good times....ornot.
That's just how it is. That's why around All Star Weekend in Dallas I was telling people don't pay these outrageous VIP prices to be next to Drizzy or any celebrity because you're still going to be isolated from them. They have their own +!% going on. I can't fault them. Being a celeb ain't easy and someone is always looking for that next guy to hit. Being that nice guy has cost a lot of dudes.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by awwsome

So is Fancy going to be the next single after Miss Me?

If so,
pimp.gif

I'm gonna take a wild guess here but I think the video might be a duo video. Sort of a Miss Me and then when Wayne's verse is about to kick in put that Fancy on. Hopefully its the 2nd half of Fancy because that song is terrible until the second half of the beat comes on.

TI & Swizzy was on set tho...

I don't have a real problem with the 1st half of the song, albeit predictable, its still DOPE...

But the 2nd half just takes it to a whole different level... & in a way restores the replay value of the track...

But I'd be lyin if I said I don't just skip to the middle when I listen to it now...

either way, the video is finished according to swizz's twitter ("Fancy video is done it's showtimeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"), so hopefully we get to see the finished product soon

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

If so,
pimp.gif

I'm gonna take a wild guess here but I think the video might be a duo video. Sort of a Miss Me and then when Wayne's verse is about to kick in put that Fancy on. Hopefully its the 2nd half of Fancy because that song is terrible until the second half of the beat comes on.

I don't have a real problem with the 1st half of the song, albeit predictable, its still DOPE...

But the 2nd half just takes it to a whole different level... & in a way restores the replay value of the track...

But I'd be lyin if I said I don't just skip to the middle when I listen to it now...

Man no lie I set that *%# up on Itunes to where the song starts playing on my ipod at about 2:40. Fancy has grown on me. The beginning half anyway. I wish they would've made it two songs. I didn't realize how hot the second half of Fancy was until about a week after Thank Me Later came out. I don't know why I let it play because initially I hated the song just off the hook and Swizz alone. TIP's tolerable on it. But then somehow I heard the second half and that *%# is epic. Shut It Down's latter half is hot as well.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

So....

good times....ornot.

how much money did ya'll make?

Plus from my experience celebs aint trying to talk in the club. But dude was trying to fight?
laugh.gif
haha yeah, dude was....it was wild.
he rolled with a dude who looked like Weezy...but abit taller - same cut, face, glasses everything..it was weird.

im not sure the total number but...tickets were 30 presale (1-300ish) and then 45 after presale - 900 people come through give or take. soo.. decent amount

but I had Cudi last december and dude was super chill...he wasnt even suppose to perform but he did 5 songs...i wasnt asked Drizzy to perform but these 900 people wanna see you..at least say WHATSUP OTTAWA, HOWS IT GOING!?

So....

good times....ornot.

buttttttttttt he got 900 something/packed house to your club *kanyeshrug*

Damn ya'll made at least maybe 35k and gave dude 20k? Did ya'll even break even with bar costs etc?

anyways:
[h1]http://allthings-fresh.net/blog/2010/07/19/drakes-paper-magazine-interview-outtakes/[/h1]
[h1]Drake’s PAPER Magazine Interview (Outtakes)[/h1]

Remember Drake‘s PAPER cover story? Well, here are some outtakes:

Drake on playing Barack Obama in a movie
I hope somebody makes a movie about Obama’s life soon because I could play him. That’s the goal [laughs]. I watch all the addresses. Anytime I see him on TV, I don’t change the channel, I definitely pay attention and listen to the inflections of his voice. If you ask anyone who knows me, I’m pretty good at impressions. Slowly but surely, I’m not in the study mode because nobody’s called me about anything, but I just pay attention so when the day comes I’m not scrambling to learn how to speak like him. I want to be involved in great film projects. I don’t want to do the basketball movie that everyone does. I don’t want to do the typical black film that everyone expects. I think that I have enough experience to actually be involved in a real meaty project full of substance.

Drake on reading negative blog comments
I stopped going on a computer. I have a problem where if I go read a hundred positive things about me and there’s one guy in there who says ‘I hate Drake’ that’s the one I pay attention to. I think that’s a common problem. Negativity hurts us more than positivity helps us. I asked about 10 or 20 people around me, ‘When’s the last time you went on a website and commented on something, like a song dropped and you went on and said, ‘That song is hot’ or ‘That song is terrible?’ And everyone I asked around me, whose opinions I respect, the people I love, were like, ‘I’ve never done that before.’ And these are all level-headed, intelligent people whose opinion I respect, so I just started saying to myself, ‘It takes a certain type of individual to really participate in a group discussion about someone else, especially if they’re going super hard with consistent hate.

Drake on honoring Andre3000
I have a shrine in my apartment dedicated to Andre. I took a door off a barn and had an artist take the lyrics from his verses [and put them] on this barn door. As soon as you walk into my apartment that’s the first thing you see.

Drake on overexposure
Overexposure would be me in every single video, me on Twitter every single day, me… having my hand in all these pots because I feel I’m hot. That’s overexposure. Overexposure isn’t when people love you too much and are excited. I hate when people confuse the two. I actually say no way more than I say yes to opportunities are presented to me.

but these 900 people wanna see you..at least say WHATSUP OTTAWA, HOWS IT GOING!?
Really. You just got paid 20k you can't give 20 seconds of your life to say something. What a douche.

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

If so,
pimp.gif

Man no lie I set that *%# up on Itunes to where the song starts playing on my ipod at about 2:40. Fancy has grown on me. The beginning half anyway. I wish they would've made it two songs. I didn't realize how hot the second half of Fancy was until about a week after Thank Me Later came out. I don't know why I let it play because initially I hated the song just off the hook and Swizz alone. TIP's tolerable on it. But then somehow I heard the second half and that *%# is epic. Shut It Down's latter half is hot as well.

I've kept rewinding that part a few nites while out and about
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom