🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I'm curious to see how people will justify paying for a mixtape. I never thought the music scene would become this horrid. 
But it isnt a mixtape anymore technically. He went and got samples cleared and everything. This is an album regardless of the "Feel and Sound" of a mixtape. At least that is how I am taking it now. Its even being classified as an album by Billboard.

"due to being released through iTunes by copyright it is considered his fourth album "

I mean people are out there paying 1,000$ for a Nipsey Hustle tape. Literally a tape. That sits out on Datpiff available for free. This isnt that though. 
[rule]Two things, one what are the chances of a physical copy of this ever being published and are there sample credits out yet?

Last edited:
Technically, would it have mattered what exactly he put on the "album"? I mean if he really wanted out of Cash Money, could he have just dropped an "album" with any songs, good or bad, on them? What classifies a project as an album exactly

But it isnt a mixtape anymore technically. He went and got samples cleared and everything. This is an album regardless of the "Feel and Sound" of a mixtape. At least that is how I am taking it now. Its even being classified as an album by Billboard.

It's mind blowing that **** seems to be rocket science for some people. 

Yes, creatively...this may be an appetizer for a later project the way that a mixtape is. But, LEGALLY it's an album. That's why you have to pay in order to own it. It will eligible for any "Album of the Year" awards at any major awards show. 

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how people will justify paying for a mixtape. I never thought the music scene would become this horrid. 

That doesn't matter to most people.. this will be copped in huge numbers mix tape or not. It's being called an album in the press so it shouldn't even matter at this point.

"due to being released through iTunes by copyright it is considered his fourth album "

I mean people are out there paying 1,000$ for a Nipsey Hustle tape. Literally a tape. That sits out on Datpiff available for free. This isnt that though. 
Two things, one what are the chances of a physical copy of this ever being published and are there sample credits out yet?
That's exactly what makes this a despicable act on the part of Drake and his "team". They realized they can manipulate his fan base, who will lap up anything he puts on their plate, to purchase anything. With this knowledge they went through all the legal loop holes to sell them a mixtape. I find the state of contemporary hip-hop fascinating.

They aren't manipulating the fan base. They are manipulating the rules of a contract to get away from Birdman :lol: and considering Drake has a strong fan base they would more than happy to assist.

That's exactly what makes this a despicable act on the part of Drake and his "team". They realized they can manipulate his fan base, who will lap up anything he puts on their plate, to purchase anything. With this knowledge they went through all the legal loop holes to sell them a mixtape. I find the state of contemporary hip-hop fascinating.

Does it really matter?

You're really reaching for the stars on this. Dude dropped a dope record full of new material that the media is calling an album. The fact that he calls it a mix tape shouldn't even matter. This is a businessman making power moves and getting out his terrible contract is what it is. He's manipulating his fan base? Just stop fam :smh:

Last edited:

That doesn't matter to most people.. this will be copped in huge numbers mix tape or not. It's being called an album in the press so it shouldn't even matter at this point.
Like people didn't do this before with So Far Gone....nothing new here

I asked this question earlier idk if it was ever answered but since this was a "album release" thru CM Records wouldn't Birdman/Slim have to give clearance? 

You and The 6 is just beautiful.. My God that's the best song he's wrote since Too Much. I dare anyone to say this doesn't have substance like his previous albums.

Drake cool..he not ******* with big sean now tho. Its his time.

bruh

Last edited:
otivox4d6ac9o5qu8qkq.jpg

Two things, one what are the chances of a physical copy of this ever being published and are there sample credits out yet?
But this isnt to manipulate the fans, its to manipulate Birdman and release another album that gets him one step closer to being free from Cash Money if he's not free with this fourth one.

@ComptonPrince  I honestly have no idea. I started off clueless to this situation and have just been reading things and gaining insight.

They aren't manipulating the fan base. They are manipulating the rules of a contract to get away from Birdman
laugh.gif
and considering Drake has a strong fan base they would more than happy to assist.
"Hey, remember that free thing I promised you? Well, I'm going to charge you for it now so I can get out of my contract and continue making money of you guys. Cool right?"
Does it really matter?

You're really reaching for the stars on this. Dude dropped a dope record full of new material that the media is calling an album. The fact that he calls it a mix tape shouldn't even matter. This is a businessman making power moves and getting out his terrible contract is what it is. He's manipulating his fan base? Just stop fam
mean.gif
It's okay to be a fan of Drake but it's not okay to be an apologist. I didn't "reach"; I just stated what actually happened. Promising your fans a free product and then charging them for it is not a businessman making power moves.

Like people didn't do this before with So Far Gone....nothing new here

Truth.. i guess that's means anyone who dropped a mix tape and then put it out for sale is manipulating their fanbase too with that logic. Frank Ocean is manipulative so Is Sam Smith for releasing an EP before his album.

But this isnt to manipulate the fans, its to manipulate Birdman and release another album that gets him one step closer to being free from Cash Money if he's not free with this fourth one.

@ComptonPrince  I honestly have no idea. I started off clueless to this situation and have just been reading things and gaining insight.
The fans are the ones who are literally paying for Drake to be free so they can pay for albums. They lose in this situation. 

"Hey, remember that free thing I promised you? Well, I'm going to charge you for it now so I can get out of my contract and continue making money of you guys. Cool right?"

It's okay to be a fan of Drake but it's not okay to be an apologist. I didn't "reach"; I just stated what actually happened. Promising your fans a free product and then charging them for it is not a businessman making power moves.

Drake didn't "promise" his fans anything. He never said he was coming out with a mixtape. Ever. Not once.

However, I would prefer if he called it an album, but that's hardly manipulating the fan because he never told the fan he was coming out with a mixtape or an album.

I'm not mad at this, and I'm a way bigger Drake fan. I have a feeling that I'll like his next album better than this mixtape just like I might've lowkey liked Hall of Fame more than Nothing Was the Same.

:lol: @ "manipulated his fan base." ___s used to sell mixtapes on the streets before they started giving them away online so it's not like it's unprecedented or anything. Plus anyone who knows how to use the internet found it for free with no problem anyway.

The only thing that he did differently is that he didn't give people the option to consume for free (Unless that SoundCloud is back up?) People are resourceful, and found it anyway. No sweat.

Last edited:
Drake didn't "promise" his fans anything. He never said he was coming out with a mixtape. Ever. Not once.

However, I would prefer if he called it an album, but that's hardly manipulating the fan because he never told the fan he was coming out with a mixtape or an album.

This is why I'm saying.. he can do whatever he want's it's his decision on how he want's to release his music. He never said he would put out a free mixtape.

Yeah Ive heard the thing in entirety now.

Idk..imma just let it ride out. It's a broken record at this point. He definitely ain't rapping to his full potential, this ain't bad music it's just not what it could be...it is what it is though. We may never hear going in for life, where to now, share,the presentation,get over it, say what's real drake. Oh well

Last edited:
So u think CM cleared this project?

It was released on CM so it had to be. I'm not sure how it went down since they got father and son fighting over there. The dad ain't even repping CM like that anymore cause it's all Rich Gang. Drake got them Jewish lawyers though maybe they helped in getting this released. Whatever happens I'm just glad the Boy dropped his last project for CM.

Back
Top Bottom