🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Like Survival and Elevate as well.

Gonna try to digest this album the best way I see fit before I give an opinion.

That plies ishh is funny as hell
tenor.gif

Key words “my second favorite artist”

Music is subjective , and he’s far from
The best rapper. Maybe a top 5 r and b singer though.

Says who? Why he not the best rapper? Even that is subjective

Ironic how you use the word subjective but going at every pro drake post in here since the album dropped.

Havent heard the CD, but wanted to know if he responded to Pusha? He said it all would make sense when this album was drop and I wanted to know what he meant.

Key words “my second favorite artist”

Music is subjective , and he’s far from
The best rapper. Maybe a top 5 r and b singer though.
Music is subjective
Immediately following the comma states an opinion as fact.

You got it bro.

You mean like all the people who claim Drake is the best rapper alive?

If people didn’t make these outlandish statements I wouldn’t do this lol

And to everyone saying what did you expect, he’s been making music like this for 9 years...

When people claim he’s the best doing it... I expect him to make something that actually sounds new.

Yeah yeah, we know.

I just don’t see what people are expecting from Drake. Dude has had the same content for 9 years now. There’s nothing else he can talk about. It’s like asking Pusha to not rap about crack. He can’t. This album is in line with what Drake does.

i needed about 5 more "emotionless" tracks like i needed 3 more "adam & eve" tracks from nas to be more than just "meh" about those projects

This is way better than GKMC

GKMC is trash anyway, ppl said it's hot because it was the first mainstream rap album to be "lyrical" from a newcomer in almost a decade. album is sloppy and all over the place, no organization, lack of cohesion, forced "concept," and both Section.80 and Overly Dedicated are more than 100x better than GKMC.

i needed about 5 more "emotionless"

Pretty much how I'm feeling about the "Rap" side. Again with too much sing-along rap. Too much filler. This is why I can't take anyone seriously when they said he's the best "rapper". Dude is extremely capable with his wordplay, but decides to put out tracks like, God's Plan, I'm Upset, Elevate that I just feel like he can do way better.

But I get that isn't his MO and probably won't ever be again.

Pretty much how I'm feeling about the "Rap" side. Again with too much sing-along rap. Too much filler. This is why I can't take anyone seriously when they said he's the best "rapper". Dude is extremely capable with his wordplay, but decides to put out tracks like, God's Plan, I'm Upset, Elevate that I just feel like he can do way better.

But I get that isn't his MO and probably won't ever be again.

I guess if we look at it from his perspective, he has to cater to the ones that'll buy his albums the most.. and that def isn't the crowd that bumps "Emotionless" the most. It's the pop crowd that drives his stardom higher while he panders to "real rap heads" with jewels like "Emotionless" and the whole "AM/PM" series. He definitely has the ability to rap-rap-rap, I guess since a minority of his fans want that rap-rap-rap ish, he'll only sprinkle a minority of rap-rap-rap tracks on albums. We see it everyday, ppl talking about "Take Care" a classic... a rap classic? no way.. maybe to people who are strongly tuned into rnb mixed with pop.

It is what it is though, I aint complaining. I just go through each project and pick the songs I really enjoy, add em to my playlist. I know he aint making most of the songs for me or my type of audience.

Back
Top Bottom