🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I think they both delivered. And much like their careers, Drake made the songs I would rather listen to and Kendrick made the songs that mean more.

I think Drake lost, but I don't think he lost in embarrassing fashion. He showed up and got busy--he just didn't win.

I think they both delivered. And much like their careers, Drake made the songs I would rather listen to and Kendrick made the songs that mean more.

I think Drake lost, but I don't think he lost in embarrassing fashion. He showed up and got busy--he just didn't win.
He definitely lost in embarrassing fashion. I don’t see how that’s even up for debate

He was torn down as a human being and as a rapper. His latest response was pathetic

He was embarrassed through and through

I was never looking for a winner in this battle. It was basically what everyone on the internet was begging for. And they both kind of delivered. Drake made some bops with some highschool punch lines that legit made me laugh. And kendrick went the Pusha route and tried to discredit him as a person. Kind of what i expected from both. And they both did a good job

Anyway....i don't know either of them or "look up" to either of them. So like good job guys. Cool time for internet rap beef.
This right here

Can we talk about Drizzy one liners tho :lol:

Kendrick just opened his mouth somebody hand him a Grammy right now

Where is yo uncle at? Cuz I wanna speak to the man of house

:lol:0]

Can someone explain these punch lines to someone that doesn't follow this that closely?

Is there Cliff Notes somewhere?

Most of these went over my head.

1. Kendrick wins a lot of Grammys--seemingly for everything he does.
Wouldn't that be a sign of a highly talented artist? A group of peers, also artist, think ones work with worth and award? I mean any dumb*** with a smart phone can listen to music.

.Kendrick is a HIGHLY talented artist and nobody needs the Grammys to tell them that. You're implying that the Grammys always get it right, when it's quite obvious that they don't. I don't think their opinion is any more valid than yours tbh. So it can be a sign of a highly talented artist, but it doesn't have to be. I don't like to pick and choose about them, so I just dismiss them altogether. They can't only mean something when I agree with them and when I don't, they're rigged.

Drake seems to think Kendrick is a Grammy darling and it doesn't actually matter if his work is good or not for him to win. I don't share that opinion, but I also don't care about the Grammys either.

Really Im just jumping ahead of "Drake gets more money doe". I know they dont matter, but that topic only comes up when the court of public opinion doesn't like the winner.

What transpired this past weekend was all entertainment. However, if there was any lesson in this, it was that the male hubris can be a son of a gun. And if you don’t check it, it can get you humbled quick.

What transpired this past weekend was all entertainment. However, if there was any lesson in this, it was that the male hubris can be a son of a gun. And if you don’t check it, it can get you humbled quick.
He got put in place in terms of the game of rap, don’t think that can be disputed

Now we will see how this impacts the other prisms

He definitely lost in embarrassing fashion. I don’t see how that’s even up for debate

He was torn down as a human being and as a rapper. His latest response was pathetic

He was embarrassed through and through

Took his timestamp in a city shtick and made IT into a diss record.

More importantly made a "bop" diss track that has blown with memeable/catchy lyrics that's taken over the charts and social media, two things Drake lives and dies by.

Can we talk about Drizzy one liners tho :lol:

Kendrick just opened his mouth somebody hand him a Grammy right now

Where is yo uncle at? Cuz I wanna speak to the man of house

:lol:0]

The grammy line was quite funny NGL. :lol:

The Family Matters rollout with the song and visuals in the video and everything was well done.

Underestimated Kendrick and that was his downfall.

The grammy line was quite funny NGL. :lol:

The Family Matters rollout with the song and visuals in the video and everything was well done.

Underestimated Kendrick and that was his downfall.
I think the only thing he underestimated was how hated he was inside and outside the industry.

A lot of rap fans been thought Drake was corny so they been praying on his downfall for a while. Hence why they hopping on some of these tracks like they are the most amazing thing ever.

Drake imo has released two great diss songs, and on ok one -Family matters of which tbh was the best imo released thus far in this entire beef. Beef is not about facts but about bars and beats, another miscalculation by Drake.

Kendrick fans straining their backs trying to reach for the W.

Ironically "Not like us" is Kendricks most playable (maybe only) club banger since we gon be allright :lol: I cannot express how fire that beat is.

I think the only thing he underestimated was how hated he was inside and outside the industry.

A lot of rap fans been thought Drake was corny so they been praying on his downfall for a while. Drake imo has released two great diss songs, Family matters of which tbh was the best imo released thus far in this entire beef. Beef is not about facts but about bars and beats.

Ironically "Not like us" is Kendricks most playable(maybe only) club banger since we gon be allright :lol:
IMO Like That was Kenny’s best song and it’s much better than Not Like Us

What would have to happen for you to feel like Drake won and/or Kendrick won?

I come at this as a fan of both but admittedly listen to Drake much more…

Family Matters was the nuke…and deserved to be treated as such. However, he had the draw 4 card in his hand and threw it out at the wrong time.

I maintain that was his best rapping in awhile and is 1 a or b to Euphoria however you place it. From the song, to the visuals, to the buried alive freestyle that came with it. If he drops that record a day earlier or even right after Kendrick’s time stamp…I don’t think you get Meet The Grahams (At least in the way it was released) or Not Like Us.

Where Drake went wrong is…he should’ve just put on the record. Not post caution tape memes, and Denzel clips. Not telling the streamers to go home and stream. Dude had the game winner and it got stepped on immediately and almost forgotten at this point.

I heard some older Drake at Topgolf on Saturday and it was still dope to me. However, I feel his potential downfall is due to his lack of self-awareness. Whether it's being surrounded by too many yes men, or the fact that he's achieved so much and got comfortable, you can tell he's just not in tune with the culture as much.

Kendrick is talented AF and his content/passion comes from an organic place; mans hates Drake. For someone that mentioned he was waiting for this for years, Drake doesn't seemed as prepared and rapping like it. That formulaic stuff won't hit on Kendrick like it would 99% of the cats out there right now. Better self-awareness would've helped him to have better timing, or even angles, but it's evident he just misjudged the temperature of things...

Back
Top Bottom