09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

I take my hat off to Mayweather. NO ONE. NOOOOOO ONE, can say that he has fought @(#*# opponents after this fight. MARQUEZ? WOW....

Huh? He's fighting a 135lb champion who has never fought over 135 and only fought at 135 twice. When he fights a title holder at his OWNweight in the future, please let me know and I'll give him his due props.

if hatton beats manny tonight we could see Floyd VS shane if Floyd doesnt want a rematch with hatton
Agree 100%, unless they offer him some outrageous amount of money for a Ricky rematch.

Would you put money on that? Miguel gonna whoop that *%@
Not to sound like an %*@, but have you ever watched a Clottey fight. There's no way you'd say that if you have. I'd be HIGHLYsurprised if either fighter dominates that fight. Clottey is underrated. Even though I'm one who thinks he lost that fight to Margarito, he put up a hellof a fight with broken hands.

I got JMM right now. Mayweather out of the ring for this long and stepping in with a beast like JMM is insane. I wouldnt be surprised if JMM KO's him, but PBF will be running laps around the ring like he's a Kentucky Derby horse.

roll.gif
Corrales (RIP) hit a lot harder than JMM IMO and look at what Floyd did to him. Come on be reasonable.

-he hasnt even been off a year

- mayweather has been one to ALWAYS take care of his body and he has been in the gym what 2 months now getting back into boxing shape? he ant like the rest of these fools that only train 2 months before a fight. he always said "if u want to be the champ you better train like a champ"

-people watch the DLH fight and say all he does is run. go watch some videos and see if u say the samething
Exactly.

Making me feel dirty for defending PBF like this.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

I got JMM right now. Mayweather out of the ring for this long and stepping in with a beast like JMM is insane. I wouldnt be surprised if JMM KO's him, but PBF will be running laps around the ring like he's a Kentucky Derby horse.

eek.gif
As much as I know anything can happen in boxing, THIS AIN'THAPPENING.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i think i ask this before and didnt get a answer in JMM last fight on fight night wasnt he 147?

If this is true, wouldn't it be better for him to fight at '40? Seems like he could make the weight much more comfortably and not have to rehydrate asmuch.

Fight night weights may be pretty close for Mayweather-Marquez. People trying to say May is a full blown welter picking on a 130 pounder are trippin.Mayweather is no natural welter. At 147 he puts on NO weight after the weigh in. Hell for DLH he weighed in at 149 and apparently was only 148 on fight night.Floyd is a natural 140 lber fighting at welterweight because its a glammer division and he doesn't have to cut weight. Mayweather is 1 inch taller andstarted his career 4 lb's heavier than JMM. Is Mayweather the bigger man? Absolutely, but he's not dwarfing JMM, imo.

Thats why i don't really trip about Floyd being picky at 147. Dude is not a natural welterweight, and i feel could make 140 if he felt like it. If Floydstarted avoiding dudes at 140 i'd be much more concerned. I'll concede it is a little lame that he's fighting in between 140 and 147 and not juststicking to one weight class, but as long as he fights all legit 140 lbers and some legit 147 lbers i'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Would you put money on that? Miguel gonna whoop that *%@
Not to sound like an %*@, but have you ever watched a Clottey fight. There's no way you'd say that if you have. I'd be HIGHLY surprised if either fighter dominates that fight. Clottey is underrated. Even though I'm one who thinks he lost that fight to Margarito, he put up a hell of a fight with broken hands.

I have seen Clottey fight, including that Margarito fight. Are you down to put money on it? We keep it friendly and say 25 bucks?

I'm not excited about PBF vs. JMM at all, PBF is a huge favorite in that fight regardless of how long he's been "retired".

I think that Pacquiao wins tonight on points. I'd love to see Hatton get knocked the F out though.

does anyone know what time pac and hatton will actually step into the ring tonight. I cant get off of work till 7:30pt and I know the pre fights start at6:00pt. I will be soo ++#!!%% pissed if i miss the fight.

Originally Posted by Proshares

roll.gif
Corrales (RIP) hit a lot harder than JMM IMO and look at what Floyd did to him. Come on be reasonable.
Look at Money's matches with Castillo. I think Jose Luis is more closer (in terms of style) to Marquez than Corrales.

Everybody in the world knew Corrales (R.I.P ) wasnt mentally there for that fight with Floyd . Castillo in the eyes of a lot of people won the first fight .but JMM style is not like either JMM has way better defense/Counter punch ability . JMM-Floyd will be a chess match but Floyd is the naturally bigger man . ItMakes sense as a comeback fight Great fighter vs Great Fighter that's just happens to be smaller and a bit older . Provided Floyd beats JMM he said he willfight Shane we'll see .

Cotto should beat Clottey , Clottey doesn't have an extra gear . He does everything well but Cotto is the better fighter period .

Dako: Bernabe just won his fight.

Abner Mares is fighting next
pimp.gif
haven't seen him since his last fight.

PBF is like the defensive player of the year, and would I be surprised if JMM KO's him? No. Laugh all you want, because PBF will not end his careerundefeated if he takes up the fights he suppose to, whether or not its JMM that beats him or not. I'm not going to argue about this, that is just myopinion.

Back
Top Bottom