09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Floyd trying to be like A-Rod taking all the spotlight right before the big fight, but Floyd has been greatly missed.

i don't know who will win Pacquiao or Hatton just looking forward to a great fight.

lets go Floyd!
pimp.gif

I guess Im not as excited as yall. Floyd gonna get his big pay days, crack some jokes, make us laugh and then... and not fight any fighters who pose aserious threat to defeat him.
GREAT.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I guess Im not as excited as yall. Floyd gonna get his big pay days, crack some jokes, make us laugh and then... and not fight any fighters who pose a serious threat to defeat him.
GREAT.
eyes.gif

What if......Hatton beats PacMan. PBF beats JMM, as expected. Then Cotto beats Clottey. PBF's camp does not see anything in a Hatton rematch and thentake a shot at Cotto. Would that be a serious enough threat? Because he will never match up Punisher.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Yeah, AC is huge on boxing. Trains in one of the big gyms in socal pretty often, might be Wildcard. He's actually been color analyst for some smaller/regional cable fights and a guest on Friday Night Fights on occasion. Usually celebrities trying to talk about sports like they're experts pisses me off, but i kinda like Slater. He seems to really love it and shows up to all types of small cards as well as the big time ones, and actually has the balls to at least get in the gym and spar with people.
Yep, I believe he's done some sparring with DLH and Toney among others...though I'm sure we're just talking about light sparring. Here he is below at the Wildcard Gym for an exhibition fight with Roach reffing.

http://fightbeat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21186
Slater fights like Hatton
laugh.gif
I'll murk him
grin.gif

^^^SMH, I forgot about Shane. But my point is that there are still possible, but unlikely, bouts that can be made. We will just keep our fingers crossed.

but when may wanted cotto and shane they wanted no parts of him. Now shane wants another big pay day so has no problem with calling out Mayweather

even as a die hard boxing fan i can see why they pick money over names, in a sport where one punch can end it all your got to get the money while u can

and if its true Mayweather has problems with the IRS the dumbest thing to do is sign with king
laugh.gif

I'm obviously happy that PBF is returning. I also don't see him fighting any of the elite welterweight fighters, maybe with the exception of Shane.

This is prolly a 2/3 fight run for Floyd so he can get back to his frivolous spending ways.

Damn May
tired.gif
hope u not comin back for the wrong reasons...that's how people get hurt and their reps tarnished...
smh.gif
...I will be tuned in for his fightstho...
ohwell.gif
....can't wait for the fight tonight....

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I guess Im not as excited as yall. Floyd gonna get his big pay days, crack some jokes, make us laugh and then... and not fight any fighters who pose a serious threat to defeat him.
GREAT.
eyes.gif

I'm hoping that maybe...just maybe...that JMM is a step in the right direction. I think he takes a fight with Shane. I mean the man is feverishly callingMayweather out. Let's see what happens with JMM first.

And Cotto isn't beating Clottey.

And on that note, I'm out to check if I'm the one with the winning Mega ticket
laugh.gif

the bad thing for me is, there is no doubt in my mind that Floyd is the most talented/most skilled fighter of our era

As much as I don't like the guy, you're right.

But hey, at least he looks smart for turning down that $8mm to fight Antonio
laugh.gif

BTW if JMM somehow wins and Pac wins as well and Pac doesn't fight JMM a 3rd time, I lose all respect for him.

OHHH YEAHHHHH!!!!!!

Mayweather vs Marquez....

Two of my favorite fighters. I don't know who I want to win...DAMN..

I take my hat off to Mayweather. NO ONE. NOOOOOO ONE, can say that he has fought @(#*# opponents after this fight. MARQUEZ? WOW....

tired.gif
.........Words can't describe how ecstatic I am right now. Boxingneeds epic fights like this.

pimp.gif

if hatton beats manny tonight we could see Floyd VS shane if Floyd doesnt want a rematch with hatton

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

if hatton beats manny tonight we could see Floyd VS shane if Floyd doesnt want a rematch with hatton
Dude...

@(#* Mosley....Marquez vs Mayweather is where its at...

I'd much rather see Cotto vs Mosley for Mosley's next fight. Cotto needs to knock that phony steroid taking dude Mosley out.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I take my hat off to Mayweather. NO ONE. NOOOOOO ONE, can say that he has fought @(#*# opponents after this fight.
I agree, but some may argue that Marquez is a good sized 130 lber and PBF is a welter.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Dude...

@(#* Mosley....Marquez vs Mayweather is where its at...

I'd much rather see Cotto vs Mosley for Mosley's next fight. Cotto needs to knock that phony steroid taking dude Mosley out.

im talking about for later in the year

we all know the JMM VS mayweather fight is 1st

I got JMM right now. Mayweather out of the ring for this long and stepping in with a beast like JMM is insane. I wouldnt be surprised if JMM KO's him, butPBF will be running laps around the ring like he's a Kentucky Derby horse.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

I got JMM right now. Mayweather out of the ring for this long and stepping in with a beast like JMM is insane. I wouldnt be surprised if JMM KO's him, but PBF will be running laps around the ring like he's a Kentucky Derby horse.

-he hasnt even been off a year

- mayweather has been one to ALWAYS take care of his body and he has been in the gym what 2 months now getting back into boxing shape? he ant like the rest ofthese fools that only train 2 months before a fight. he always said "if u want to be the champ you better train like a champ"

-people watch the DLH fight and say all he does is run. go watch some videos and see if u say the samething

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

I take my hat off to Mayweather. NO ONE. NOOOOOO ONE, can say that he has fought @(#*# opponents after this fight.
I agree, but some may argue that Marquez is a good sized 130 lber and PBF is a welter.

thats why this aint a fair fight, just cus JMM is a HUGE name and a superstar , doesnt mean Floydhas stepped up his comp level.

Back
Top Bottom