09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

^^ My dude, I hate to quote myself but...

Man, yall are wildin' out with this whole "Cotto has been knocked down before" "Manny has been stopped before"
smh.gif

Can't yall see that they are completely different fighters now? Manny was cocky back then, and very foolish... granted those "stops" of him are from fights 10+ years ago (he was still practically a teen). Cotto was trying to make a weight class that took a lot of his energy away.

Both are not the same fighter anymore... NOT the same... yet you have dudes on here posting vids that happened 10+ years ago, and acting like they the same catthey are today
smh.gif

Point is, you can't compare both fighters of what they are today to what they USED to be.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Man, yall are wildin' out with this whole "Cotto has been knocked down before" "Manny has been stopped before"
smh.gif

Can't yall see that they are completely different fighters now? Manny was cocky back then, and very foolish... granted those "stops" of him are from fights 10+ years ago (he was still practically a teen). Cotto was trying to make a weight class that took a lot of his energy away.

Both are not the same fighter anymore... NOT the same... yet you have dudes on here posting vids that happened 10+ years ago, and acting like they the same cat they are today
smh.gif

Point is, you can't compare both fighters of what they are today to what they USED to be.
EXACTLY.

Manny is 100x better than when he was dominating the lower divisions

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

smh.gif

Both are not the same fighter anymore... NOT the same... yet you have dudes on here posting vids that happened 10+ years ago, and acting like they the same cat they are today
smh.gif

EXACTLY.

I agree wholeheartedly.

after this fever we just had now next week we wind down with Chad Dawson vs Antonio Tarver.
indifferent.gif

way to just erase all momentum boxing has just gained over the last few weeks.
thanks HBO, should be a real snooze fest.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

smh.gif

smh.gif

EXACTLY.

I agree wholeheartedly.

after this fever we just had now next week we wind down with Chad Dawson vs Antonio Tarver.
indifferent.gif

I expect Dawson to destroy Tarver,

Just woke up. Went to a bar to catch the fight. Was singing along pretty wasted with the Hatton fans
laugh.gif

For some reason, there were A LOT of Brits out in this one bar in the city which had like a $10 cover charge. I was a little upset they didn't show Mares. Some dude was in there with a big Filipino flag yelling and screaming at all the Hatton fans
laugh.gif
. Fight starts the Filipino is singing along with the anthem. Hatton goes downtwice in the first and the bar is quiet. Second round it's over. Everyone was really worried about Hatton though. I wasn't leaning either way withthe fight, but Floyd Sr. had me fooled thinking Ricky was going to be different. Glad he's ok though.

Cotto better not look ahead and look past Clottey (Sir Rob I think it was, I'll take a friendly $25 bet with you on that one) but that would be a hugefight. November 9th is my birthday, if it's anywhere around there I'm going to the Garden.

Need to work off this hangover, be back later to look through the thread. Gunna, I see you in the other thread though
laugh.gif
%##! is hilarious I'm going to have to be in there later.

do you guys ever notice this dude in Pacquiao fights looking all tough trying to get in the camera during fight intros and interviews?
laugh.gif

dvsw01.jpg

download.php

mwabmu.jpg

eavesdropping on mayweather lol
laugh.gif

smh.gif

indifferent.gif

I know, right? I'll tune in but I have to say I can't remember the last time I'll cared less about a fight, especially a fight on HBO.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

choking himself by not having access to to breathing,

here's read the remedy for it and then watch the gif,

The best way to help, is to roll the person on one side to drain fluids from the mouth, cushion the head to prevent cranial injuries, and seek medical help if necessary.Never place an object in a person's mouth during a seizure.

Hatton was in serious danger

This is what I don't understand about how Roy Jones was handle after the Glenn Johnson knockout

� They left him on his back after the ref went through a completely unnecessary 10-count. I knewsomething wasn't right, but I didn't know the consequences could be so serious.

Pacman should stay at 140. Cotto & Mosley are way too big for him right now. Maybe after the winner of JMM/PBF fight he can move up assuming he wins. But,Pacman has a chance in ANY fight. The combination of his speed and power is insane. EVERYONE will question his size every fight he has, because really whatelse can you really question?!

Man those Nike PAC-MAN windrunners are ridiculous.....straight fiyah
pimp.gif
I need that red/blue one in my life!

eek.gif
&
pimp.gif
@ pacquiao's KO. that was just straight NASTY.

the full roster for fight night round 4 has been revealed..

source: http://www.pastapadre.com...ght-night-round-4-roster

[h1]http://www.pastapadre.com/8342/full-fight-night-round-4-roster[/h1]
[h1]Full Fight Night Round 4 Roster[/h1]
May 3, 2009 by pastapadre

fnr40503.jpg

The entire Fight Night Round 4 roster has been revealed in Playstation Magazine (via Stick Skills). In total there are 49 boxers included in the game with the potential of more through downloadable content. The Photo Face feature will also allow for creation (and hopefully sharing) of new boxers so the possibilities are endless. Continue on to view the entire list and leave your thoughts on the FNR4 roster in the comments.

Mike Tyson
Muhammad Ali
Ricky Hatton
Ray Robinson
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Shane Mosely
Jake Lamotta
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr.
Carlos Monzon
Jermaine Taylor
Kelly Pavlik
Manny Pacquiao
Pernell Whittaker
Julio Caesar Chavez
George Foreman
Joe Frazier
Lennox Lewis
Ray Leonard
James Toney
Roberto Duran
Marco Antonio Barrera
Amin Asikainen
Paulie Malignaggi
Kermit Cinteron
Eddie Chambers
Arturo Gatti
Corey Spinks
Tommy Morrison
Sergio Mora
Fernando Montiel
Jorge Armando Arce Arementa
Anthony Mundine
Emanuel Agustus
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Billy Dib
Diego Corrales
Erik Morales
Nate Campbell
Winky Wright
Yuriorkis Gamboa
Nonito Donair
Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe
Roberto Guerrero
Edwim Valero
Victor Ortiz

check the general forum for the official thread^^^^
wink.gif

man that fight last night
smh.gif

My thing is.... What did we learn last night that was new? Nothing
We know Manny was gonna go HARD(pause), Hatton was gonna get hit HARD and HBO would hype a PBFvPAC fight... i should have known not to buy it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

check the general forum for the official thread^^^^
wink.gif

man that fight last night
smh.gif

My thing is.... What did we learn last night that was new? Nothing
We know Manny was gonna go HARD(pause), Hatton was gonna get hit HARD and HBO would hype a PBFvPAC fight... i should have known not to buy it
laugh.gif
We learned that Hatton's jaw is a pretty big problem and will probably keep him from ever being truly elite at 140 or 147 ever again.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

eek.gif
&
pimp.gif

fnr40503.jpg

The entire Fight Night Round 4 roster has been revealed in Playstation Magazine (via Stick Skills). In total there are 49 boxers included in the game with the potential of more through downloadable content. The Photo Face feature will also allow for creation (and hopefully sharing) of new boxers so the possibilities are endless. Continue on to view the entire list and leave your thoughts on the FNR4 roster in the comments.

Mike Tyson
Muhammad Ali
Ricky Hatton
Ray Robinson
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Shane Mosely
Jake Lamotta
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr.
Carlos Monzon
Jermaine Taylor
Kelly Pavlik
Manny Pacquiao
Pernell Whittaker
Julio Caesar Chavez
George Foreman
Joe Frazier
Lennox Lewis
Ray Leonard
James Toney
Roberto Duran
Marco Antonio Barrera
Amin Asikainen
Paulie Malignaggi
Kermit Cinteron
Eddie Chambers
Arturo Gatti
Corey Spinks
Tommy Morrison
Sergio Mora
Fernando Montiel
Anthony Mundine
Emanuel Agustus
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Billy Dib
Diego Corrales
Erik Morales
Nate Campbell
Winky Wright
Yuriorkis Gamboa
Nonito Donair
Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe
Roberto Guerrero
Edwim Valero
Victor Ortiz

pimp.gif

Easily the best roster out of any FN/KO Kings game thus far.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

eek.gif
&
pimp.gif

fnr40503.jpg

Mike Tyson
Muhammad Ali
Ricky Hatton
Ray Robinson
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Shane Mosely
Jake Lamotta
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr.
Carlos Monzon
Jermaine Taylor
Kelly Pavlik
Manny Pacquiao
Pernell Whittaker
Julio Caesar Chavez
George Foreman
Joe Frazier
Lennox Lewis
Ray Leonard
James Toney
Roberto Duran
Marco Antonio Barrera
Amin Asikainen
Paulie Malignaggi
Kermit Cinteron
Eddie Chambers
Arturo Gatti
Corey Spinks
Tommy Morrison
Sergio Mora
Fernando Montiel
Anthony Mundine
Emanuel Agustus
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Billy Dib
Diego Corrales
Erik Morales
Nate Campbell
Winky Wright
Yuriorkis Gamboa
Nonito Donaire
Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe
Roberto Guerrero
Edwim Valero
Victor Ortiz

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

do you guys ever notice this dude in Pacquiao fights looking all tough trying to get in the camera during fight intros and interviews?
laugh.gif

dvsw01.jpg

download.php

mwabmu.jpg

laugh.gif

smh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
yo that's my uncle
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
roll.gif

[h2]Manny Pacquiao Would Beat Anyone Under 160 Pounds[/h2]
Posted May 03, 2009 12:45PM By Michael David Smith (RSS feed)

Filed Under: HBO
pacquiaoflag.jpg
On Saturdayafternoon, I told someone that I thought Floyd Mayweather Jr. would beat Manny Pacquiao, if the fight between the world's two best boxers finally materializes. After watchingPacquiao destroy Ricky Hatton on Saturday night, I no longer think that.

In fact, I now think this: Pacquiao, the little man who started his professional boxing career in the Philippines fighting at 106 pounds, would beat any boxerat any weight class under 160. Yes, you read that right: Pacquiao would have to move all the way up to middleweight before I'd bet against him.http://

The way Pacquiao just tore through Hatton Saturday night was nothing short of breathtaking. Hatton is a good boxer -- he was the world junior welterweightchampion, and when he fought the undefeated Mayweather, he managed to win a couple of rounds before finally succombing in the 10th. But against Pacquiao,Hatton never knew what hit him, falling twice in the first round before getting knocked cold in the second.

Similarly, Pacquiao and Mayweather both fought Oscar De La Hoya, and while Mayweather beat De LaHoya by split decision, Pacquiao destroyed De La Hoya for nine rounds before making him quit on his stool. I have a hard time seeing how anyone who watched thelast two fights for both Mayweather and Pacquiao could deny that Pacquiao is the better boxer.

In fact, Pacquiao is so great that I think he could move up another 15 pounds or so and beat the best junior middleweights in the world, Vernon Forrest and Paul Williams. Obviously,Pacquiao's strength and reach disadvantage would cause him problems against those opponents, but he's just so fast and so smooth a puncher that I thinkhe'd move in and out, connect with flurries of punches and frustrate either Forrest or Williams.

Obviously, size does matter in boxing -- that's why there are weight classes. At some point, the 5-foot-6, 138-pound Pacquiao would be unable to keepwinning if he kept moving up in weight class, and I think that point is at 160 pounds: The middleweight champion of the world, Kelly Pavlik, is 6-foot-2 and160 pounds and would probably be able to use his reach, his power and his strong jab to beat Pacquiao.

But put the best pound-for-pound boxer in the ring with any opponent smaller than Pavlik, and my money is on Pacman.

Link: http://boxing.fanhouse.co...anyone-under-160-pounds/

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

laugh.gif

dvsw01.jpg

download.php

mwabmu.jpg

laugh.gif

smh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
yo that's my uncle
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
roll.gif
you serious bro? lol... i dont' mean any disrespect. Its just i see him everywhere
laugh.gif
Saw him in the background of a TYSON interview too

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

[h2]Manny Pacquiao Would Beat Anyone Under 160 Pounds[/h2]
Posted May 03, 2009 12:45PM By Michael David Smith (RSS feed)

Filed Under: HBO
pacquiaoflag.jpg
On Saturday afternoon, I told someone that I thought Floyd Mayweather Jr. would beat Manny Pacquiao, if the fight between the world's two best boxers finally materializes. After watching Pacquiao destroy Ricky Hatton on Saturday night, I no longer think that.

In fact, I now think this: Pacquiao, the little man who started his professional boxing career in the Philippines fighting at 106 pounds, would beat any boxer at any weight class under 160. Yes, you read that right: Pacquiao would have to move all the way up to middleweight before I'd bet against him.http://

The way Pacquiao just tore through Hatton Saturday night was nothing short of breathtaking. Hatton is a good boxer -- he was the world junior welterweight champion, and when he fought the undefeated Mayweather, he managed to win a couple of rounds before finally succombing in the 10th. But against Pacquiao, Hatton never knew what hit him, falling twice in the first round before getting knocked cold in the second.

Similarly, Pacquiao and Mayweather both fought Oscar De La Hoya, and while Mayweather beat De La Hoya by split decision, Pacquiao destroyed De La Hoya for nine rounds before making him quit on his stool. I have a hard time seeing how anyone who watched the last two fights for both Mayweather and Pacquiao could deny that Pacquiao is the better boxer.

In fact, Pacquiao is so great that I think he could move up another 15 pounds or so and beat the best junior middleweights in the world, Vernon Forrest and Paul Williams. Obviously, Pacquiao's strength and reach disadvantage would cause him problems against those opponents, but he's just so fast and so smooth a puncher that I think he'd move in and out, connect with flurries of punches and frustrate either Forrest or Williams.

Obviously, size does matter in boxing -- that's why there are weight classes. At some point, the 5-foot-6, 138-pound Pacquiao would be unable to keep winning if he kept moving up in weight class, and I think that point is at 160 pounds: The middleweight champion of the world, Kelly Pavlik, is 6-foot-2 and 160 pounds and would probably be able to use his reach, his power and his strong jab to beat Pacquiao.

But put the best pound-for-pound boxer in the ring with any opponent smaller than Pavlik, and my money is on Pacman.

Link: http://boxing.fanhouse.co...anyone-under-160-pounds/

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wow. This Michael David Smith guy must be on that A1 Coca Cola heavy
laugh.gif

Like did he just say 160? Lordy lord lord.

Back
Top Bottom