09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Zab is def as fast as manny.

Zab is as fast as any boxer, any weight class, including Floyd. Dude is a superior Athlete

^^^Exactly what i was about to say. Zab is as good an athlete as there is in the sport. He's as fast as Manny and i'd wager probably a harder hitter.He's just a nutjob.

Anyone following Andre Berto on Twitter?

I asked him to give Callazo a rematch and he responded

@aSalgad0 I would I want to but it has to make sinceabout 6 hours ago from TwitterBerry

riiiiiight

eyes.gif

He's the first athlete/celeb with such a low # of followers
laugh.gif

You came right out there though.

"Give Collazo a rematch."

laugh.gif

Has to make SINCE?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Didn't even know Berto had a twitter.

Read somewhere that Cintron is willing to take that 750k and fight Mosley.

He replied to me so I didn't really wanna go in too hard

laugh.gif

Andre Igudoala put me onto Berto's twitter

Andre called Andre the future of boxing, I quickly hit him with the S4L LOL

laugh.gif

Well it's more than he'd make at 154 to fight Spinks for the belt I think...

And String should have said something like "It's beat him or get brutalized by Mosley...easy choice."

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Zab is def as fast as manny.

Zab is as fast as any boxer, any weight class, including Floyd. Dude is a superior Athlete

True but he's only a fast and a superior athlete for the first 5 rounds and after that, he's a bum IMO. That's what separates him from being anelite fighter. I've tried to roll with Zab in the past and he never fails to let me down. Smh.

Originally Posted by TCERDA

True but he's only a fast and a superior athlete for the first 5 rounds and after that, he's a bum IMO. That's what separates him from being an elite fighter. I've tried to roll with Zab in the past and he never fails to let me down. Smh.
frown.gif
tired.gif

Hall-of-Fame trainer Freddie Roach is predicting a knockout victory for his fighter, pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao. Roach says Pacquiao will be too much for WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto. The two collide on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Unlike some of Pacquiao's other past opponents, Roach is a big fan of Cotto and has nothing bad to say about him.

"I don't have anything bad to say about Cotto. I believe that he is an excellent athlete who is always well prepared for his fights, but I trust in the abilities of Manny and I believe that we are going to knock Cotto out," Roach told Primera Hora. "Without a doubt there will be a war. Manny and Miguel have many similarities in fighting styles, but the versatility of Manny will be too much for Miguel."

The agreed-upon weight for the fight is 145-pounds. Roach is not worried by the weight.

"That won't be a problem. For me it's going to be same thing whether it's 143 or 145 pounds. Both boxers are fight, they are in the primes of their careers and it's going to be an unforgettable night," Roach said.

There is still some confusion over Cotto's WBO title and whether the title will actually be at stake. The issue is being worked out with the WBO

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Hall-of-Fame trainer Freddie Roach is predicting a knockout victory for his fighter, pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao. Roach says Pacquiao will be too much for WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto. The two collide on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Unlike some of Pacquiao's other past opponents, Roach is a big fan of Cotto and has nothing bad to say about him.

"I don't have anything bad to say about Cotto. I believe that he is an excellent athlete who is always well prepared for his fights, but I trust in the abilities of Manny and I believe that we are going to knock Cotto out," Roach told Primera Hora. "Without a doubt there will be a war. Manny and Miguel have many similarities in fighting styles, but the versatility of Manny will be too much for Miguel."

The agreed-upon weight for the fight is 145-pounds. Roach is not worried by the weight.

"That won't be a problem. For me it's going to be same thing whether it's 143 or 145 pounds. Both boxers are fight, they are in the primes of their careers and it's going to be an unforgettable night," Roach said.

There is still some confusion over Cotto's WBO title and whether the title will actually be at stake. The issue is being worked out with the WBO

Cant wait to see what happens
happy.gif

Cotto is shot as a fighter. This will be a walk in the park for Roach and Manny. That is the only reason they agreed to fight him

R.I.P To Marco Nazereth died after sustaining injuries in a fight with Omar Chavez (Jr's little brother ) he was carried out on a stretcher after the 4thrd . It was very tough fight with back and forth action

Roach has obviously got a lot more respect for Cotto than Hatton and DLH and knows it's not going to be an easy fight. A knockout against Cotto is apretty bold prediction but not too surprising coming from a trainer.

Originally Posted by MrDills

Cotto is shot as a fighter. This will be a walk in the park for Roach and Manny. That is the only reason they agreed to fight him

You know, I keep hearing people say Cotto is not the same fighter, shot, or whatever. What are you seeing to make you believe this because I see the samefighter.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Originally Posted by MrDills

You know, I keep hearing people say Cotto is not the same fighter, shot, or whatever. What are you seeing to make you believe this because I see the same fighter.
That beating he took vs Tonio has left him damaged goods. That last fight was a gift to him. He is still a good fighter but just below the elitelevel of fighters in that divison. His reflex looks a slower to me as well. He is sorta a mix between J Taylor and Vargas to me

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Clottey is as tough as they come and he fought a great fight so it's not surprising that Cottodidn't look spectacular in addition to having that gash over his eye for a majority of the fight.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Clottey is as tough as they come and he fought a great fight so it's not surprising that Cotto didn't look spectacular in addition to having that gash over his eye for a majority of the fight.

I agree. The beauty about boxing is that you start with a plan and try to work it to a T. I want to see a great battle . I think that Cotto takes way too manyshots. I think that Manny is the quicker of the 2 fighters . I think that Manny has the better team around him as well. Watching the 24/7 and the way thatRoach broke down Hatton to a T he see much of the same with Cotto. I think Cotto is tailor made for Manny. I think that PBF would murder Cotto as well.

Back
Top Bottom