09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Originally Posted by KingJames23

manny is scared to fight cotto at full strength, so he wants cotto to weaken himself before they get in the ring.

So Cotto weighs in at 146 for Clottey but he's going to be a dead man at 145. Is that right?
I searched all over my post but couldn't for the life of me find where i said Cotto would be a dead man at 145, could you please highlight that piece for me? thanks so much.

I was explaining for MaxElite why Pacquiao wouldn't fight Cotto at 147, that is the explanation, period. I do not think Cotto will be a dead man at 145. I think he will be at slightly less than peak condition because he's always been a pretty big weight cutter, but getting this at 145 was huge for the Cotto camp. If it would have been at 143, Cotto would have been in big trouble. The man had to damn near sever a limb to make 140 3 years ago, so if he would have to have gone over halfway back for the fight he would've been a skeleton. Those extra two pounds at 145 are gonna be huge for Cotto.

Look, i don't like Manny Pacquiao fans. This is no secret on here. I've been trying to annoy the fanboys for years. Because of this i root against Manny so i don't have to hear the idiots talk afterwards. But i always shoot straight when making predictions or giving analysis. I actually scored Manny-JMM 2 for manny (barely), i knew he was gonna wipe the floor with David Diaz, I was calling EARLY that Manny was gonna absolutely murder Hatton. I think Cotto wins this fight and wins it convincingly. I think that because i believe he is the better fighter at this weight and has a great combination of power and ring smarts. It is not because i secretly want to burn the Filipino flag or anything stupid like that. Your boy is not Jesus, stop thinking everyone should be on their knees in front of him like you are.
I too am not a fan of manny stans, but im a fan of manny, just not to the stan point. with that being said, i am most definitely scared of cottofor manny. dude is a straight up beast and i fear he will be just too big and too strong for manny.

I'm Filipino, I do like Manny... but I HATE the Manny stans.

My reason is different from most of you guys from the states though. The Manny stans basically hate on other pinoy boxers not named Manny if they don'twin a big fight. When Gorres lost to Montiel, and had that draw against Darchinyan... manny stans here were saying "he'll never be Manny, gorres isa loser, he should be like manny, etc.. Same thing when Amonsot lost to Katsidis, same when Banal lost to Rafa Concepcion... all the Manny comparisons comeout. Even regarding personality.. "Nonito is so arrogant, he should be humble like Manny" total BS. Sad thing is, most of Nonito Donairehaters are Pinoy (manny stans) . Actually i think ALL of nonito haters are pinoy. I haven't met an Amercian boxing fan who hates Nonito... or even callhim arrogant.. lol.

laugh.gif
people outside of this thread knew who Gorres was? Or Banal? Or Amonsot?

I don't know man, I find it fun to egg them on once in a while
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
well... not in this site. I live in the Philippines, where boxingis big. I go to alot of fights... and when these other fighters lose, i hear the Manny comparisons. In philboxing.com (a filipino boxing site) That'swhere i read most of the hate. Sad to say, instead of local fans supporting the non-popular boxers... they're the first to hate on them.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Same.

I got Cotto winning this. My pops and the rest of the family think I'm disgracing my race for rooting for my favorite fighter.

i don't like Nonito for what he did to my boy Vic, but i certainly don't hate the guy. As long as he doesn't KO Vic again anytime soon i'm surei'll become a fan of the guy.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Same.

I got Cotto winning this. My pops and the rest of the family think I'm disgracing my race for rooting for my favorite fighter.
laugh.gif
damn that sucks kid.
i don't like Nonito for what he did to my boy Vic, but i certainly don't hate the guy. As long as he doesn't KO Vic again anytime soon i'm sure i'll become a fan of the guy.

Vic don't want him again so please become a fan
smile.gif

i don't like Nonito for what he did to my boy Vic, but i certainly don't hate the guy. As long as he doesn't KO Vic again anytime soon i'm sure i'll become a fan of the guy.

well, at least your dislike is boxing related plus you're a Vic fan.. and I'm sure its nothing personal against Nonito.

^^^I have little respect for Darcinyan for saying he can beat Nonito....but continues to duck my dude.
eyes.gif

in vic's defense, its his promoter (Gary Shaw?) that is doing the ducking. You put a contract in front of Vic for the fight i'm sure he'll sign,because he's deluded enough to think he actually can win that fight. Gary's the only one who knows better.

smile.gif

If the man could get a legit fight on US TV it'd be no problem. I gotta find somebody to help me pay for that PPV with him and concepcion nextmonth.

manny is scared to fight cotto at full strength, so he wants cotto to weaken himself before they get in the ring.

So Cotto weighs in at 146 for Clottey but he's going to be a dead man at 145. Is that right?

I was explaining for MaxElite why Pacquiao wouldn't fight Cotto at 147, that is the explanation, period.
My statement has hyperoble, yes.
Your explanation of him fighting at 145 vs 147 was pretty much a flame saying "he's scared of Cotto at full strength'. If this fight was 143 I'd find that a more reasonable statement But I really don't think 145 is going to make that much of a difference. That's not going to be thereason Manny wins this fight (should he win). 145 is more than fair.

I can't wait for this fight and could go either way. Either side should get full credit should they win.

Let me just say Manny isn't the GOAT, God, the messiah, or anything of the sort.

^^^I have little respect for Darcinyan for saying he can beat Nonito....but continues to duck my dude.
eyes.gif

in vic's defense, its his promoter (Gary Shaw?) that is doing the ducking. You put a contract in front of Vic for the fight i'm sure he'll sign, because he's deluded enough to think he actually can win that fight. Gary's the only one who knows better.

smile.gif
If the man could get a legit fight on US TV it'd be no problem. I gotta find somebody to help me pay for that PPV with him and concepcion next month.

laugh.gif
nah I know I'm just egging you on a little. Can't help youthere you're not in NYC
laugh.gif

Rafa Concepcion is a perfect match up for Nonito. Arum probably set that up to make Nonito look good. Concepcion has no skills... but got a pretty big heart.He'll be coming forward for sure throwing wild looping punches. But yeah, that fight should be on free tv.

145 is more than fair.

It's def not more than fair if they're fighting for the welterweight championship. Like I state earlier, this is Cotto's belt not Manny's. Manny should come up to his level and fight him there. It's easy for him to move up and fight at Diaz's level or Hatton's level without acatchweight. Different weight classes, yes, but same logic applies.

How you feel about Agbeko then?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I've loved Manny since his first fight on HBO (Antonio Barrera?) when he was unknown to the general Boxing fan, and it's been fun just to see himbloom, but the fans are VERY annoying.

I was explaining for MaxElite why Pacquiao wouldn't fight Cotto at 147, that is the explanation, period.
My statement has hyperoble, yes.
Your explanation of him fighting at 145 vs 147 was pretty much a flame saying "he's scared of Cotto at full strength'. If this fight was 143 I'd find that a more reasonable statement But I really don't think 145 is going to make that much of a difference. That's not going to be the reason Manny wins this fight (should he win). 145 is more than fair.

I can't wait for this fight and could go either way. Either side should get full credit should they win.

Let me just say Manny isn't the GOAT, God, the messiah, or anything of the sort.
I disagree. The weight class is 147 lbs. The title that Cotto holds and they will be fighting for is at 147 lbs. Why does Cotto have to go downin weight to make it "fair"? If the weight isn't a big issue, why were they so hell bent on making this fight below 147? If they WERENT scaredof fighting Cotto at 147, then why not just let Cotto weigh what he wants and Manny can come in under weight? If the weight is not a big deal and they'renot scared of Cotto at 147, then why did Roach say he will not let Manny fight ANYBODY other than Oscar at 147? The fact is they absolutely did not want tofight Cotto at 147 and tried to make him fight at an absurd 143. Cotto's camp wouldn't bite so Manny's camp backed off a little but still forcedCotto to come down in weight. Manny's people are scared to fight at 147, PERIOD. No flame, it it what it is.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

How you feel about Agbeko then?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I've loved Manny since his first fight on HBO (Antonio Barrera?) when he was unknown to the general Boxing fan, and it's been fun just to see him bloom, but the fans are VERY annoying.
I actually really like Agbeko. Nonito pissed me off because he came out of nowhere and beat Vic. After i saw Agbeko just totally steamroll LuisPerez as an underdog i immediately liked the dude. I was so pissed off that Don King put him on the shelf for so long afterward.

smh.gif
for being outta town that weekend.

Woulda been nice to see Nonito's routine upclose. Didn't even know they had a gym in San Carlos and I got folks out that way.

^ If King shelfs him again I'm going to be livid. He's got a great mandatory fight against a good fight in Yhonny Perez due up, there's no reasonthat fight shouldn't go off in December.

Originally Posted by bobby1109

145 is more than fair.
It's def not more than fair if they're fighting for the welterweight championship. Like I state earlier, this is Cotto's belt not Manny's.

My thoughts as well.....

Cotto better not pull a "Hatton" and walk to the ring first. I know it doesn't matter.....but IMO, that shows that you respect Pac way too much.

145 is more than fair.
It's def not more than fair if they're fighting for the welterweight championship. Like I state earlier, this is Cotto's belt not Manny's.

My thoughts as well.....

Cotto better not pull a "Hatton" and walk to the ring first. I know it doesn't matter.....but IMO, that shows that you respect Pac way too much.
Thats disrespectful for them to even ask Hatton to do that. One of the most shameful things i've ever seen in boxing was Larry Holmes beingintroduced first when he fought Gerry ****ey
smh.gif
. My man Larry was continuously disrespected throughout his career.
^ If King shelfs him again I'm going to be livid. He's got a great mandatory fight against a good fight in Yhonny Perez due up, there's no reason that fight shouldn't go off in December.
I like Agbeko, but i'd have to be pulling for Perez, especially after Prescott just spit the bit. Colombia needs someone to not **@% the bedin a big fight.

I'm pulling for Agbeko because I like him as a fighter and I'm hoping for a unification with Hasegawa.

laugh.gif
you still got Urango he has a belt.

I'm pulling for Agbeko because I like him as a fighter and I'm hoping for a unification with Hasegawa.

laugh.gif
you still got Urango he has a belt.
Agbeko will have to make that trip to Japan. Hasegawa's not gonna leave the comfort of his home country, lol. Agbeko will have to fightHasegawa, the ref, and the judges

Back
Top Bottom