09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Punisher..ppp..please make the fight with Pavlik.

From the way Berto is talking on Twitter, he's goin to Turkey.

[h2]http://news.gofightlive.tv/?p=6064[/h2]
[h2]SERGIO MARTINEZ MOURNS THE LOSS OF VERNON FORREST[/h2]
July 27th, 2009
by GFL
(July 27, 2009) WBC Junior Middleweight Champion Sergio Martinez was hit extremely hard by the news that the man who preceded him as champion, Vernon Forrest, had passed away over the weekend.

The following is his statement, paying final respects to the great champion:

"Vernon Forrest was a great fighter. I always dreamed of fighting Vernon, because it has always been my goal to prove myself against the very best. This tragic news puts both my life and boxing career in perspective. Vernon and I both shared a love for children, and helping those who had become disadvantaged. This is why I did not just look up to him as a boxer, but as a human being. My thoughts are prayers are with his family, and I promise to dedicate my next fight to the memory of Vernon Forrest." - Sergio Martinez."

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a potential middleweight bout, between WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams, has hit a serious roadblock in the ongoing negotiations between Top Rank and Dan Goossen. The two sides are far apart on the money.

From what I was told, HBO is offering up $3.75 million for the fight. Pavlik would get $1.75 [plus a piece of gate, etc.], Williams to get $1.55 and Top Rank would get $500K. HBO wants the date of September 26 to pair it with the replay of Floyd Mayweather Jr-Juan Manuel Marquez. Top Rank was offering $1.25 to Williams and raised it to $1.55 last week. HBO is pushing for the fight to happen but they may have to offer up more money to make it happen and that's a longshot based on their tight budget.

The big roadblock is the gate and the money coming in from the sponsors [estimated to be a few million]. Goossen wants to split the gate/sponsorship money down the middle and of course Top Rank is not going to do that. Top Rank bases their position on the fact - that regardless of whether or not it's Williams in the other corner - Pavlik will sell out the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Based on that, obviously Top Rank does not see a reason to give Goossen/Williams a piece of the gate or their sponsorship money

Williams' people need to get their head out of their %+%@# and realize this man sells out against the likes of Rubio in the division. Paul may be thebetter fighter right now but he's not the biggest draw and he's not the champion either.

Seems like we haven't had a big fight in awhile. Hopefully, we get a good fight from these two on Sat.

KO son......Timmy going to catch Nate walking in.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I just think he's due for a KO victory....plus:
Timmy fighting near his hometown.
Fighting a smaller old guy.
and hunger for a big pay day. (Khan, loser of JMM/PBF, etc.)

Bradley by KO in round 9. I called it early.....

Gunna be prepared to eat crow after saturday night.

*edit*
What channel is the Campbell fight on
You mean the Bradley fight....
grin.gif

Its on Showtime.

Ehh..if anything thats how Nate would catch Tim.

Tim's a pressure fighter, he's not one to pick somebody off charging in.

Bradley only has 11 KOs in 35 fights. His last KO was in 2007.

I'm pulling for Nate hopefully it's going to be a good fight. Paul isn't the Ricky Rubio of boxing his skill set alone is well worth the hype. Heabsolutely destroyed Mr.Plaster and hit Winky more time that I've ever seen. If you the Pavik is going to beat Paul your crazy.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I'm pulling for Nate hopefully it's going to be a good fight. Paul isn't the Ricky Rubio of boxing his skill set alone is well worth the hype. He absolutely destroyed Mr.Plaster and hit Winky more time that I've ever seen. If you the Pavik is going to beat Paul your crazy.
How did he destroy Margarito
laugh.gif
Don't get me wrong,Williams won the fight but Margarito came on strong for the last half of the fight and made it close. Pavlik is a bigger and better version of Margarito andfor the first time Williams would be fighting someone his own height. He's also never faced a puncher like Pavlik. Still, I'd go with Williams tooutland him to a decision. I really hope this fight gets made because I'd love to go...

Get 'em Nate
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

... nah, just playin sir rob
laugh.gif
I'll give this to bradley by ud
laugh.gif
I want an exciting KO....so my dude can get some looksfor big fights.
Paul isn't the Ricky Rubio of boxing his skill set alone is well worth the hype. He absolutely destroyed Mr.Plaster
Nah, man. I was at the fight in Carson.....I forget which round (9, 10, or 11) but Toni had a chance of KOing Pun. Williams won the first 6rounds and the very last round to win the fight. (115-113) on my scorecard at least.

Pun/Pavlik would be fun. I cant make my BOLD prediction yet.
nerd.gif

With the plaster he ALMOST ko'ed paul. He might be a better power puncher but that reach is going to be too much for pavlik plus his chin is still inquestion IMO. To be honest with you I think pavlik's spirit is broken with that bhop lost he really thought he had a chance to begin with.

Williams actually only has a 1" arm length advantage over Pavlik. I've always thought Pavlik has one of the best chins in boxing. He stood up toMiranda's punches with no problem. He did go down against Taylor but that was after he landed several flush shots in row that just about anyone would havegone down from and he got up immediately. He never seemed hurt against Hopkins either even after taking a lot of solid punches. Hopkins does takefighter's souls so we'll have to see how he is mentally.

That's what I'm thinking too there's a reason pavlik hasn't fought in a long time I'm thinking his spirits broken and if I'm right Paulwill steamroll Kelly.

Nah, Pavlik def was hurt by Hopkins,

He was out on his feet in the 11th or 12th I cant remember tho, but I think that was from combination of gettin hit so much and just being flustered the wholenite. BUT he had the heart to finish on his feet.

One thing, a good fighter with a great heart and will has a chance in every fight.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

With what? the corner stool? Tim couldn't ko a bantamweight running in full speed LOL

laugh.gif
For real! Btw, I think Nate Campbell is one of the most underratedboxers right now. Dude is kinda nice.

Rob, you're wild son
laugh.gif

With what? the corner stool? Tim couldn't ko a bantamweight running in full speed LOL
roll.gif

Paul isn't the Ricky Rubio of boxing his skill set alone is well worth the hype.
laugh.gif
when I said Rubio earlier I meant Marco Antonio Rubio thatthey sold out the arena to see Pavlik fight that tomato can.

How did he destroy Margarito
laugh.gif
Don't get me wrong, Williams won the fight but Margarito came on strong for the last half of the fight and made it close.
15 round right, Pun would have been tasting the canvas at least...

I don't think Cheato used the wraps in that fight. He was hitting Paul flush for a few rounds and Paul didn't really show it as much after the fight. I'd take Pavlik in the fight
grin.gif

15 round right, Pun would have been tasting the canvas at least...
eek.gif

u better go re watch that.
Paul DOMINATED 11 & 12
thats what won him the fight
He was gettin stronger.
margarito faded and 3 more rounds mighta put him on his back

Back
Top Bottom