09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

How many of u buying this fight?...im wondering if it's worth it..

yeah, thats where I stopped reading

Two top ten P4P just not doing it for you?

laugh.gif
So you would buy a mayweather fight but not a pacquiao hatton fight?
grin.gif

What the hell are you babbling about?

1. I didn't have to buy that fight cause I was invited to someone's house for that fight

2. Hatton is awful...I mean really bad

3. I will buy Pacquaio - Cotto

4. Anyone who bought that PPV should've taken a fifty dollar bill and burned it....exact same experience

got word that mikkel kessler visited my boxing gym today.

he's trying to setup camp somewhere in the bay area.

laugh.gif
Not really, i wouldn't spend $50 just because 2 opponents are ranked highly on an imaginary list...I'm also not really a fan of either ofthese fighters, although I can understand why people would be, they're both great boxers and counterpunchers (i'm not taking anything away from theirskills or accomplishments)....but this fight really doesn't generate any excitement to me, and I don't think it will be closely contested (like i saidin the other post, i think it'll be similar to dlh-pbf) so that eliminates alot of the suspense that other PPV fights I've purchased in the pasthave....i just wanted to see if people felt the same way....hopefully I'm wrong though, and it'll be something special, but I'll probably justcatch it next Saturday on HBO

laugh.gif
Not really, i wouldn't spend $50 just because 2 opponents are ranked highly on an imaginary list...I'm also not really a fan of either of these fighters, although I can understand why people would be, they're both great boxers and counterpunchers (i'm not taking anything away from their skills or accomplishments)....but this fight really doesn't generate any excitement to me, and I don't think it will be closely contested (like i said in the other post, i think it'll be similar to dlh-pbf) so that eliminates alot of the suspense that other PPV fights I've purchased in the past have....i just wanted to see if people felt the same way....hopefully I'm wrong though, and it'll be something special, but I'll probably just catch it next Saturday on HBO

Na, I feel you

I know for a fact on paper this fight could be a snoozefest but still as a boxing fan you have to watch due to how significant this fight is

Rocky Juarez kinda been in a slump. Hopefully this rematch with Chris John get him going back in the right direction (if he wins)

Man I had tickets to the JMM vs. Floyd fight but everybody flaked so I sold them. Going to be a very intresting fight IMO I'm wondering what PBF is goingto look like 2yrs away from the ring. JMM is a great boxer but does he have the speed to catch PBF?

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Man I had tickets to the JMM vs. Floyd fight but everybody flaked so I sold them. Going to be a very intresting fight IMO I'm wondering what PBF is going to look like 2yrs away from the ring. JMM is a great boxer but does he have the speed to catch PBF?

if Ricky Hatton was getting money, i dont see how JMM cant.

Its not about speed its about timing , was Vernon forrest faster than Shane? No , but the jab and timing did him wonders , was JLC faster than Floyd? no butthe pressure and the timing gave floyd fits (JLC should have won) . Rocky Juarez is never getting over the hump he doesnt have that extra gear John will outboxhim .

Something in the water in Brazil:

SAO PAULO -- Four-time boxing champion Acelino "Popo" Freitas has denied any involvement in the murder of his niece's boyfriend.

Freitas says he didn't approve the relationship of the man with his 17-year-old niece, and acknowledges that he talked to him the day of the murder. But Freitas told media Thursday in the northeastern city of Salvador that he did not order his killing.

He made the comments just before being interrogated by police, who have not formally accused the boxer. A friend of the man who was murdered told police he believed Freitas was behind the killing.

Freitas won two lightweight and two super featherweight titles before retiring in 2006 with a 38-1 record.

[h2]Miami Beach, Fla. (ESPN2)[/h2] [h3]Guillermo Rigondeaux (1-0-0, 1 KOs) vs. Giovanni Andrade (60-11-0, 49 KOs)[/h3]10 Rounds - Jr. Featherweight Division
There's a FNF special broadcast this evening.

Last word from Floyd before the fight. He's actually pretty smooth in this video...borderline likable. He's matured very well into playing the villain.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Rocky Juarez kinda been in a slump. Hopefully this rematch with Chris John get him going back in the right direction (if he wins)

IMO, there's no way Rocky will win this fight. John will box circles around him. Got a gift draw in the last fight.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Statis22

IMO, there's no way Rocky will win this fight. John will box circles around him. Got a gift draw in the last fight.
Remember who called the upset first......
pimp.gif

I'm ordering the fight although i think its going to be a landslide in Floyd's favor. If Juan Diaz slightly hurt Marquez in their last fight and we allknow that the baby bull is a soft puncher then Marquez will definitely feel the difference in power once he gets punched by Floyd, and Marquez has been taggednumerous times by Pacquaio.

I see a 116-112 Unanimous Decision for Floyd and it wouldn't surprise me if Floyd would knockout Marquez in the later rounds.

I like the undercard of Rocky Juarez and Chris John i felt that John deserved the win their 1st fight it should be a good fight.

Katsidis is also a good action fight.

Is Zab Judah still on the undercard?

Escebedo in a slugfest against Katsidis...that fight is going to be the fight of the night.

Fresh, Zab pulled out.

Zab is off the card.
I see a 116-112 Unanimous Decision for Floyd

8-4 rounds? Too close IMO. JMM being who he is....is going to lose the first 3-4 rounds. I'm predicting KO but if it went to the cards.....10-2 rounds(118-110). All in favor of Pretty Boy.

Its just that sometimes Floyd fools around too much and lets some of his opponents tire themselves out, and he takes a break.

Such as in the Floyd vs Jose Luis Castillo in the 1st fight Floyd was all defense in some rounds and let JLC punch himself out, but Floyd did the shoulder rolland everything but he still lost those rounds which made their fight close and controversial.

i just see Floyd letting JMM get tired out while working on his defense in a couple rounds.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

JMM being who he is....is going to lose the first 3-4 rounds.

People keep saying this but PBF starts out really slow too and with the added ring rust I could see him winning the first 3 or 4 rounds.

I don't see JMM getting tired out unless his age starts to show in this fight, he's always had great stamina even while getting hit. Re-watching hisfight with Diaz though, he took way too many punches and can't let that happen again. Bad hands or not PBF has underrated pop behind his punches. Onemore thing, if it comes down to the scorecards...it's a GBP fight...you know how that could get messy...

Back
Top Bottom