09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Anyone made their predictions on the Mayweather V. Marquez fight?

who really thinks marquez is going to win?

I do.

Why?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Anyone made their predictions on the Mayweather V. Marquez fight?

who really thinks marquez is going to win?

I do.

Why?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Don't laugh. I don't know, the more I watch his training themore I'm leaning towards him. He's had two extra months to get used to weighing 144 and I think that's going to be a huge factor. Everyone wassaying before the July 18th date that JMM would have trouble at that weight and what have you. PBF gets hurt so now he's had two months to get used towalking into the ring at 144 and two months to work on making sure his power/speed has come up there with him. JMM has always been a good body puncher and Ithink he'll use Floyd's injury and try to exploit that. JMM isn't going to outbox PBF for long if at all and but I think he's one of the bestin the business at brawling when he NEEDS to. Also, this is the only way Pac will even think about fighting him for a 3rd time. I know I'm in theminority but w/e
grin.gif

FTR I've never been a JMM fan.

in his mind, he is determined to get that 3rd fight. so i wouldnt put anything past JMM.
IMO, the only way JMM/Pac III happens is if they both lose their next bouts, or JMM wins and Pac Loses

If they both win, I see Pac continuing to duck JMM for more lucrative fights
ohwell.gif
. In that scenario, I think JMM would end up rematching Baby bull.

laugh.gif
Don't laugh. I don't know, the more I watch his training the more I'm leaning towards him. He's had two extra months to get used to weighing 144 and I think that's going to be a huge factor. Everyone was saying before the July 18th date that JMM would have trouble at that weight and what have you. PBF gets hurt so now he's had two months to get used to walking into the ring at 144 and two months to work on making sure his power/speed has come up there with him. JMM has always been a good body puncher and I think he'll use Floyd's injury and try to exploit that. JMM isn't going to outbox PBF for long if at all and but I think he's one of the best in the business at brawling when he NEEDS to. Also, this is the only way Pac will even think about fighting him for a 3rd time. I know I'm in the minority but w/e
grin.gif

FTR I've never been a JMM fan.

I feel you and what you said makes perfect sense... But I dont see ANY of it actually working DURING the fight
laugh.gif
. JMM just aint on PBFs level... He doesnthave any advantages in the fight at all. Plus hell be cut over his right eye by round 2. And if JMM gets dropped forget about it.
IMO, the only way JMM/Pac III happens is if they both lose their next bouts, or JMM wins and Pac Loses

If they both win, I see Pac continuing to duck JMM for more lucrative fights
ohwell.gif

I agree

laugh.gif
guess we just have to wait until early Sunday morning, just remember where you heard it first.

And I don't see anyway JMM take a rematch with Diaz unless he completely dominates Paulie which I don't see happening either. I see Paulie whippingDiaz even more in the next fight just to stick it to the city of Houston. But you could see Nacho going nuts already about a proposed rematch.

I just put my whole online sportsbetting account on PBF... At -400, I know the odds aren't that great but I'm sure they'll get worse come fightnight... Money May is all ready for this.
pimp.gif

floyd is going to outbox JMM early and then JMM is going to just come foward and try and turn it into a war and get knock the $@*@ out

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Okay.....I finally have to say sumthin...............
mad.gif
When is Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. gonna fight at least a D+ fighter????????
laugh.gif
was waiting for you to get that off your chest,

U comin to the fight party Sat?? Doin it big bro....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

floyd is going to outbox JMM early and then JMM is going to just come foward and try and turn it into a war and get knock the $@*@ out
As much as I dislike Floyd (cuz he dodges the best REAL Welterweights), ^^^^this is very possible

He's started slow his last few fights so we'll see about that.

He's started slow his last few fights so we'll see about that.
I hope you're right Proshares

Yea but they both weren't the figthers JMM was at this point in his career. I'd like to think if he starts out as tentative and let JMM get close tohim like he did with Ricky and DLP that JMM would have the sense to take advantage of that.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Rick Ross Attacks: Blasts Mayweather in New Track
Posted by: Mark Vester on 09-15-2009.

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Mark Vester

The war of words continue between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and popular rap star Rick Ross. Mayweather, a close friend of Ross' rap rival 50-Cent, threw a few insults at Ross a few weeks ago during an online interview. He called Ross a fraud with fake credentials. Ross has fired back, releasing a new track "Go (War Remix)" - that fires back at Mayweather.

Some of the lyrics include:

"Forever getting robbed/Bloods took your jewels/Can't beat the IRS baby boy/Just pay your dues!"

"Talking greasy because you're 39-0?/Real life b*tch n*gga 39 and ***/I'm his toughest opponent yet/I'm nothing like Marquez."

"Even your name lame/Ain't no Mayweather Punchout!/Catch him in Florida/I'm a need another lawyer/Why your daddy employer/Go by the name of De La Hoya?!...We standing on the bar/Throwing real money/Holla Mayweather when you see a fake hundred."
[/td] [/tr][/table]

roll.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Okay.....I finally have to say sumthin...............
mad.gif
When is Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. gonna fight at least a D+ fighter????????
laugh.gif
was waiting for you to get that off your chest,

U comin to the fight party Sat?? Doin it big bro....
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
yes sir

Na, it ain't going down like that at all

I'm pulling for him but do I think he can win???

grin.gif

I doubt he knocks out Floyd and if it comes to a close decision he's not going to get it even if he deserves to win

Well I'm pulling for him so w/e
laugh.gif
we'll see Saturday.

JMM/Pac on demand watching Round 1 right now
pimp.gif

Does anyone think this is going to sell more ppv buys then the ufc match ? This fight happens to land on the week of Mexican Independence day...

Back
Top Bottom