09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Yea I'm watching the replay. I hate Arthur Abraham seriously
what saeth thou?
Arthur-Abraham23.jpg

pimp.gif

Anybody know what's good with SHAWN PORTER? Dude looks like a Mini Mike Tyson from the vids I saw of him. No wonder Manny was eating Cotto's puncheslike they were balut
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. On the real tho is he like the #1 amateur prospect?

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm still hoping we get to see Kelly/Arthur one day.
Dude would get murdered by the King. No joke.

Did anyone else go to the fight?? I had the time of my life. Met Derek Jeter. Emmanuel Steward. Takeo Spikes. Bad Chad. Vernon Davis. Judah. Mayweather Sr. Itwas great. As soon as any sign of a "Cotto" chant picked up, the "Manny" chants drowned it out realll quick.

It was amazing. Woulda loved to see MAC get the W but we still got a great fight.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Anybody know what's good with SHAWN PORTER? Dude looks like a Mini Mike Tyson from the vids I saw of him. No wonder Manny was eating Cotto's punches like they were balut
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. On the real tho is he like the #1 amateur prospect?
Shawn Porter's style is very similar to Shane Mosley. Stance, combos, maybe speed, etc... He needs to work on this timing and distancing onhis body shots though. When he throws hooks and uppers to the body, looks like there's not enough leverage. He kinda reminds me of 50 Cent
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm still hoping we get to see Kelly/Arthur one day.
Dude would get murdered by the King. No joke.

Did anyone else go to the fight?? I had the time of my life. Met Derek Jeter. Emmanuel Steward. Takeo Spikes. Bad Chad. Vernon Davis. Judah. Mayweather Sr. It was great. As soon as any sign of a "Cotto" chant picked up, the "Manny" chants drowned it out realll quick.

It was amazing. Woulda loved to see MAC get the W but we still got a great fight.
pimp.gif

kelly get murdered by abraham.lmao is that a joke

Dako, I thought the same comparison w/50 Cent
laugh.gif

I don't think Pavlik gets murdered. I think they both hit the canvas in that fight. I don't know who I'd give that fight to.

THE KING beats Pavlik. too compact, too explosive.

I think Arthur is gonna win the super 6 tourney. prolly end up him vs Kessler in the final

Your love of the King sickens me
laugh.gif

I still got my money on Kessler taking this thing. Dirrell looking like he never wants to step foot in Europe again.

So Who Do My boxing heads think was the fighter of the decade.Im sure you all know i love me some floyd mayweather, but i think he's a close second .Mydude Bernard Came thru With 9 staright victories .De la hoya in his prime same with felix trinidad,winky wright,antonio tarver,william joppy andPavlik.....that moment were he stared down the sports writers after he beat pavlik was soooo epic to me pavlik coming off 2 wins against jermain taylor and avicous KO to the "it" fighter miranda Where many dont remember he was a slight underdog and a 43 year old hopkins coming off a split decision lostagainst calzaghe .....straight up took every round .....he sealed up fighter of the decade with that one

Toss up between Manny and Floyd really. Floyd is undefeated this decade, Manny has 1 loss and 1 draw (technically). If this question was asked in 2007, Iwould have said Floyd easily. But with Manny's 2008 and 2009, it might have to be him.

Anyway, no more Manny, Floyd, Cotto talk
laugh.gif
kinda tired of those otherthreads
sick.gif

I'm pulling for Dre this weekend. I like his style of being slick, yet willing to trade punches. Who is favored in this fight though?

Ricky Hatton is planning a return to the ring. Hatton Promotions chief executive Gareth Williams spoke with Daily Mail about Hatton's comeback plans, which includes a training camp that is set to begin in February, and a bout with Juan Manuel Marquez in Manchester in the summer. Hatton has not fought since being knocked out by Manny Pacquiao in two rounds in May. Marquez was dominated by Floyd Mayweather Jr. for twelve rounds in September. Both fighters are under the banner of Golden Boy Promotions.

"It would be an ideal fight for Ricky to take on Marquez. He is an elite flighter, just like Ricky, who will want to challenge the best," Williams told the paper.

During Miguel Cotto's recent return to Puerto Rico, he was mobbed by reporters who asked him about his next move in 2010. One of the obvious questions was his thoughts on a possible rematch with Antonio Margarito, who is slated to return to action in early 2010. Cotto held firm on his position of not being interested in a second meeting with Margarito. He told reporters that he will not discuss [if asked questions] the subject of a rematch with Margarito in the future.

Margarito is almost done with his suspension from the California State Athletic Commission. He lost his license in February after inserts with a plaster-like substance were discovered in his handwraps about 30-minutes prior to the January 24 bout with Shane Mosley. Margarito still fought that night and was battered, and stopped for the first time, by Mosley. Cotto suffered a bad stoppage loss to Manny Pacquiao last Saturday in Las Vegas. A rematch would be a crossroads fight with the winner moving on to bigger things.

When asked about Cotto's possible options for 2010, Top Rank's Bob Arum said a rematch with Margarito or the winner of January's bout between Shane Mosley and Andre Berto. Arum said last week that a Margarito-Cotto rematch would be huge and "a fight that everyone wants to see." Cotto said a few weeks back that Margarito will "never make another penny off of my name." Margarito's co-manager, Sergio Diaz, still believes the fight can be made if enough pennies are on the table

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Anyway, no more Manny, Floyd, Cotto talk
laugh.gif
kinda tired of those other threads
sick.gif

I'm pulling for Dre this weekend. I like his style of being slick, yet willing to trade punches. Who is favored in this fight though?
I hear yah.

Kessler is the favorite. His Super Middleweight Title is on the line as well.

Watching the Fight Camp right now. Love the access and footage they get, just wish the episode was more current. I'd rather have them cover more ofWard/Kessler than the buildup of the first few fights. Guess I'm to used to the 24/7 format, though I do appreciate the less theatrical approach that FightCamp brings.

so nobody thinks bernard was the fighter of the decade : ( i got it 1.bernard2.floyd.3manny4.klitschko brothers5.paul williams(started career in 00'avenged only loss)

Back
Top Bottom