09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

10% chance of beating kessler, 25% of beating Bute, 33% of beating Froch, don't really know much about Balzsay except that he outpointed Dennis Inkin whichis a pretty damn nice win. I like Inkin as a fighter.

I think he has a better chance of beating Bute who has the weakest chin out of the 4. I don't even see Green beating Andrade to be completely honest.He's not as fast as Jermaine so I don't think he's hitting Froch with ease like Taylor was. That fight with Miranda just soured me on the kid.

laugh.gif
yea Kirkland beat the hell out of him.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

So does Paul Williams have anything lined up soon or is he gonna pull another 2007?

ohwell.gif

he was very active the past year so proably taken a couple months off, but there has been no good names throwing around to fight him

No one wants to fight him. Unlike Winky, he's not pricing himself out of fights. The only names I've heard are Sergio Martinez and a really outsideshot with Chad Dawson if he moves down to 168.

Bigmike23 wrote:
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

So does Paul Williams have anything lined up soon or is he gonna pull another 2007?

ohwell.gif

he was very active the past year so proably taken a couple months off, but there has been no good names throwing around to fight him

Last year, he was but its already May and he doesn't even have another fight lined up

I understand people are ducking him but come on you gotta go out there and fight somebody

He can't pay Mayorga to take another beating?

Whats Fernando Vargas up to these days?

glasses.gif

String, I missed FNF's last nite... Did I miss anything good? what did BHop talk about in studio?

and Paul is trying to get Calzaghe to come outta retirement, isnt he?

He would be smart to not sign anything til after Clottey/Cotto

maybe, just maybe the winner gets brave
pimp.gif

I recorded FNF and I was gonna watch it after or before the Dawson fight tonight

I think Paul's days at welter are behind him...no one is gonna try him at 147

ohwell.gif

Did I miss anything good? what did BHop talk about in studio?

They talked about Pac vs. Hatton, PBF vs JMM, Pac vs PBF

Also talked about Dawson v. Tarver -- BHop said Tarver might have a chance tonight and that whoever wants to fight him (BHop) is gonna have to pay him muchodinero.

trust, if there's more than $2 Mill on the table and a name like Shane, Cotto or CLottey offers, Paul is gonna be at 147 to fight again

BHop aint slick, he purposely pricing himself out of a Dawson fight, he already made it perfectly clear he wants no parts of Bad Chad

Did I miss anything good?
Vera/McEwen fight wasn't bad...Roach with another victory.
BHop aint slick, he purposely pricing himself out of a Dawson fight, he already made it perfectly clear he wants no parts of Bad Chad
You blame him though? Chad is a lot more dangerous than Kelly was when Bernard took that fight and he's not going to get the money he wantsto fight him anyway.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Did I miss anything good?
Vera/McEwen fight wasn't bad...Roach with another victory.
You blame him though? Chad is a lot more dangerous than Kelly was when Bernard took that fight and he's not going to get the money he wants to fight him anyway.

yarp, he's half a decade to 50 years of age, he's gotta make his last fights count (monetarily).

I can admit as a Hopkins fan that he wants no part of Dawson. He never brings his name up even though he's the elephant in the room when talking aboutpotential opponents. It would be a bad style matchup for Hopkins at this stage in his career but I think you have to give him a pass because of his age andthe fact that's he already proven himself. Instead he seems to be going after slower, more one-dimensional guys he can handle like Adamek and Froch.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

I can admit as a Hopkins fan that he wants no part of Dawson. He never brings his name up even though he's the elephant in the room when talking about potential opponents. It would be a bad style matchup for Hopkins at this stage in his career but I think you have to give him a pass because of his age and the fact that's he already proven himself. Instead he seems to be going after slower, more one-dimensional guys he can handle like Adamek and Froch.

I aint even bad talkin Bernard.
He has faced all challengers, Im just sayin he actin like he got a open contract signed lol

He did mention Dawson on the 1st FNFs he co-hosted and said he didnt wanna fight Dawson cus he wouldnt wanna ruin another young champion
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

here's what I wrote when he said it
Originally Posted by JayGunnA

indifferent.gif

BHop talkin bout he don't wanna fight Chad because he wants to uphold the future fighters
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@$@% outta here!

laugh.gif

Yea, saying he doesn't want to ruin younger guys is a weak excuse
laugh.gif
I remember him saying something like that before he fought Pavlik but I guess he only meant "younger guys" *cough* who are a threat.

So I'm watching FNF and I guess Roach was on Brian Kenny's radio show and he said that

Manny won't wait for PBF

Manny is going to wait for Cotto / Clottey and would be winning to fight Miguel at 143 or possibly Shane at 143

He also mentioned Victor Ortiz, Amir Khan and Edwin Valero ( who the @$%$ is Roach trying to fool with those names?)

I'm pulling for Josh no more than ever. I guess I could live with Pac man vs Shane

ohwell.gif

^ that was posted a page or 1 back. why would anyone move down to fight manny tho is my question? he moved up to fight DLH at 147

I don't see Cotto moving down to fight Manny. If that fight goes down (assuming he beats Clottey) they'll either be fighting for the belt or notfighting at all.

If Clottey wins he's not getting Manny. Sugar Roid would maul Manny IMO.

Back
Top Bottom