09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

that was 1st round tho.

JMM started landing Harder shots from like 3 on.

IMO he was willing to take Diaz's 3 to land his own 2. gonna be a way different fight vs floyd tho Im amped
Well, I hope your right. I went back and watched some of the fight tonight and he was sharper defensively then I was giving him credit forparticularly as the fight went on. Probably that damn gif messing with my recollection of the fight haha... Still, with talks of the weight jump hinderinghis speed with just 2 weeks to go in addition to the fact that I can't really see any advantages he holds over Mayweather I'm having a hard time seeingthis be a close fight but I hope I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

They are going to show the Mayweather/JMM fight live at my theater. $15 a ticket
I'm gonna catch it at the cinema too.

Just finished watchin 24/7. Straight entertainment
pimp.gif

- Whos the greatest Latin fighter?

- Oscar...

- What the f_ you say?!

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

They are going to show the Mayweather/JMM fight live at my theater. $15 a ticket
which theater?
if you live in the SF area, Century at Daly City, might be working that night so maybe ill see some of yall

JMM is one crazy mofo.

I really think you gonna have to kill that man to beat him. Straight up warrior.

Originally Posted by here 4 tha kickz

lost faith in juan manuel for the choice in beverage. not spoiling it, but jeebus, anyone who drinks that (willingly) deserves to be molly whoped

damn i came here expecting something else but what jmm was straight
sick.gif
. iheard lyoto machida drinks that as well.

If Floyd wins this fight convincingly, hes in my top 15 of all time.
[Trey Songz] Slow down boy.... [/Trey Songz]

I have PBF currently in the top 30 comfortably......but its going to take more than a convincing victory over a LIGHTWEIGHT champ to put him into the top 15(with guys like Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler, Roberto Duran, etc.).

Wins over Pac (just because he has all the hype right now) and a legit welter....will def. put him in there.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

If Floyd wins this fight convincingly, hes in my top 15 of all time.
[Trey Songz] Slow down boy.... [/Trey Songz]

I have PBF currently in the top 30 comfortably......but its going to take more than a convincing victory over a LIGHTWEIGHT champ to put him into the top 15 (with guys like Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler, Roberto Duran, etc.).

Wins over Pac (just because he has all the hype right now) and a legit welter....will def. put him in there.

{Brand Nubian} Slow down... {Brand Nubian}

So here they are, 10 crucial questions going into Mayweather-Marquez:

1. Is Marquez too small for Mayweather? This is by far the most crucial question, one that is connected with two other factors -- speed and power -- and it all boils down to whether Marquez can fight effectively above lightweight. The former three-time featherweight title holder has never fought above 135 pounds (and to my eyes he appeared to be pushing his body to the limit at lightweight).

We know Mayweather, the former welterweight champ, fights comfortably above 140 pounds; he's fought at 146 pounds or more since stepping up to welterweight against Sharmba Mitchell in November of 2005. Mayweather has defeated Mitchell, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir and Ricky Hatton at welterweight. He outpointed Oscar De La Hoya at junior middleweight (and didn't lack for speed or reflexes in that bout).

While it's true that Marquez is a better boxer than Mitchell, Judah, Hatton and even De La Hoya, I have to ask myself if he could beat those fighters at welterweight -- or even in junior welterweight bouts -- and to be honest, I'm not sure. Ask me after Sept. 19.

2. Can Marquez handle Mayweather's speed? Everyone agrees that Mayweather has faster hands than Marquez, and that blazing speed is the main reason most fans, media and insiders are picking "Money" to win the fight.

However, Marquez, a natural featherweight, possess more speed than most of Mayweather's recent opponents, certainly more than the likes of the painfully slow Baldomir and the 35-year-old version of De La Hoya.

Judah, the last speed demon Mayweather has faced, gave him fits for the first five rounds of their 12 rounder, and the Brooklynite doesn't have near the focus or the complete game Marquez possesses.

The key question is whether Marquez will be able to retain his usual hand speed and reflexes fighting at an unnaturally heavier weight. Some unverified reports out of Marquez's camp suggest that the added bulk has slowed him down enough to concern his trainer, Nacho Beristain.

Both Beristain and Marquez denied that the extra poundage is weighing him down -- the trainer went so far as to declare that his fighter is looking "faster than ever" (yeah, right) -- in a recent media conference call.

But it doesn't seem likely that Marquez can carry his speed above 140 pounds. He appeared a step slower than usual in his two lightweight battles against Joel Casamayor and Diaz, both of which were up for grabs before he lowered the boom and took them out.

Marquez supporters say the Mexican master's timing is sharp enough to deal with Mayweather's speed. After all, they point out, he neutralized the quick mitts of Manny Pacquiao, who is at least as fast as Mayweather. Not so, says Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach.

"Marquez gave Pacquiao trouble because he knows how to fight a southpaw," Roach told RingTV.com recently. "Whenever Manny hurt Marquez or dropped him in both bouts it was because his speed allowed him to get through."

3. Can Marquez hurt Mayweather? One of Mayweather's most underrated attributes is his toughness. The five-division titleholder has seldom been hurt in a prize fight and he's never been down (unless you count the technical/off-balance knockdown Judah scored in the second round of their bout, which referee Richard Steele missed).

Mayweather's defensive prowess enabled him to completely avoid the best shots from bombers like the late Diego Corrales and Arturo Gatti, but he absorbed more than a few shots from the hard-punching likes of Phillip N'dou, Jose Luis Castillo, Judah, De La Hoya and Hatton without missing a beat.

If those naturally bigger fighters couldn't hurt Mayweather, what chance does Marquez have?

I'm probably in the minority but I think Marquez can threaten Mayweather provided the extra weight hasn't slowed him down too much. The reason is the accuracy of his textbook power punches.

Blunt force wildly directed at Mayweather's head won't do much because of his ability to block and turn with punches, but clean shots to the point of the chin can yield results.

DeMarcus Corley isn't known for his punching power, but he's a sharpshooter with hand speed, and this combination enabled the lefty to buzz Mayweather early in their 2004 encounter. Marquez might be the best precise-punching boxer Mayweather has ever faced. His uppercuts are like heat-seeking missiles that find the soft spot on his opponent's chin.

Recently, Marquez has been planting his feet more than did in the past in order to get more leverage on his combinations. The result has been sensational knockouts of fighters who previously had never been stopped, such as ultra-tough Thai Terdsak Jandaeng, Casamayor and Diaz. Marquez's 11th-round TKO of Casamayor was especially impressive given that the iron-chinned Cuban vet had survived the best bombs of Acelino Freitas, Castillo and the late Corrales.

And if he finds he can't dent Mayweather's chin there's always the defensive wizard's body, which leads us to the next question…

4. How bad is Mayweather's rib injury?

The original July 19 date for this matchup was postponed when Mayweather sustained a reported rib injury in training during the second week of June. The rumor was that Mayweather's ribs were injured during a sparring session, something the fiercely proud fighter vehemently denies.

Mayweather will not provide details to how the injury occurred, simply calling it a "freak accident," but he has repeatedly told media that it didn't happen in sparring. However, boxing writer David Avila reports that one of Mayweather's sparring partners, a junior middleweight journeyman named Juan Pablo Montes De Oca, took credit for the injury.

"Mayweather hired him for his pressure and his durability," Avila, who covers boxing for the Riverside (Calif.) Press-Enterprise, told RingTV.com. "He doesn't win much, but he's tough as nails and he's a good body puncher. I asked him about the sparring session after a fight he had Las Vegas in early July (a 10-round loss to Carlos Nascimento) and he told me it happened. I'm not positive, but I think he said that it was a left to the body that hurt Floyd."

If this is true, Mayweather is going to have to be careful in protecting his mid section. Rib injuries, especially fractures and cartilage tears, are very painful and they usually take at least six weeks to properly heal. Avila's gym information is almost always reliable, so if Marquez fans have been praying for an Achilles heel that their man can exploit, this might be it.

5. Is Marquez getting old? The Mexico City native celebrated his 36th birthday last month, and that's not just a number. Marquez has been around a long time (16 years in the pro ranks) and he's had a lot of fights (55) that have taken their toll.

Once upon a time Marquez dominated his foes with such poise and precision that he was labeled a "boring" fighter. Not anymore. Age and wear and tear from his grueling 12-round battles with Pacquiao have had an impact on him. Marquez is still a master technician but he's no longer able to go unscathed against elite fighters. In fact, he had to take his lumps and work hard to knock out second- and third-tier fighters like Jandaeng and Jimrex Jaca.

However, despite his life-and-death battle with Diaz, Marquez should not be viewed as shopworn by any stretch of the imagination. Clean living and a Spartan work ethic has preserved him to an extent.

This is not like Julio Cesar Chavez's first fight with De La Hoya, where the older fighter was burned out from 98 pro bouts and a wild lifestyle while the younger man was 10 years the vet's junior and in his absolute physical prime. At 32, with almost 13 years in the pro biz, Mayweather is no spring chicken. And many wonder how sharp he will be at this stage of his career after more than a year layoff, which leads to the next question…

6. Will Mayweather be rusty? Since turning pro in 1996, Mayweather has never had more than eight months off between fights -- until now. How will almost 21 months off (his last fight was against Hatton in December of 2007) effect a boxer who relies so much on reflexes and speed?

Mayweather and his team say the layoff was just what the doctor ordered. He insists that the time away from the ring and training camps gave his chronically sore hands and often-injured shoulders a chance to heal. You know what? I believe him.

I don't think Mayweather will show too many signs of inactivity on Sept. 19 because I don't believe he ever intended to stay retired. (He simply wanted to avoid the pressure of defending his welterweight crown against the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito winner and wait for the right opportunity to come back and make the most money with minimal risk). Thus, I don't think he ever left the gym during his "retirement" or hiatus or whatever you want to call it (I call it a strategic withdraw), and reports I've received from his camp for Marquez support my hunch.

The trainer of one Mayweather's current sparring partners recently emailed me with this gym report (sorry for the caps):

"FLOYD IS MORE THAN READY FOR MARQUEZ. HIS HAND SPEED, REFLEXES, CONDITIONING, TIMING AND RHYTHM ARE ALL THERE.

"MY FIGHTER TOLD ME THAT LAMONT PETERSON SHOWED UP AT FLOYD'S GYM TWO WEEKS AGO TRYING TO MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF. AFTER VERBALLY ABUSING EACH OTHER FOR 30 MINUTES WHILE PUTTING ON THEIR HANDWRAPS, THEY WENT EIGHT 4-MINUTE ROUNDS WITH 15 SECONDS REST, WHICH WAS A SPARRING SESSION WORTH PAYING FOR ACCORDING TO MY FIGHTER. AFTER EIGHT ROUNDS, LAMONT COULDN'T GO NO MORE BECAUSE OF FATIGUE. THAT'S WHEN FLOYD REALLY STARTED TAUNTING HIM SAYING TO HIM 'ANOTHER ROUND, ANOTHER ROUND!' WHEN LAMONT REFUSED TO GO ANOTHER ROUND, THAT'S WHEN THE VERBAL ABUSE WENT TO RECORD LEVELS IN THE MAYWEATHER CAMP. NAME CALLING AND VERBAL ABUSE CONTINUED TO BE DIRECTED AT LAMONT FOR ANOTHER 10 MINUTES."

Nice to hear that Mayweather hasn't lost his competitive edge.

And by the way, Floyd, I know you're a secretive sort, but there's no escape from my gym sources. (But hey, at least it's positive news.)

7. Who wants it more? There's been a lot of talk about Mayweather's motivation for this fight. Some have suggested that the only reason Mayweather has returned to the sport is because of a financial crisis headed by his $6.2 million debt to the IRS.

I've been more than happy to add to this line of thinking by unofficially changing his nickname from "Money" to "Needs Money" in my mailbags, but the truth is that Mayweather is one of the proudest boxers I've ever covered. He approaches the sport and his career with the utmost seriousness. While he probably does "need money," I don't believe that he would ever take a fight just to get paid. Mayweather will always be a competitor and his pride pushes him to train just as hard for the likes of Henry Bruseles as he does for De La Hoya. Nobody cherishes Mayweather's undefeated record more than he does.

There's no way Mayweather isn't hungry to win this fight.

And since we're on the subject fighting just for money, it should be noted that Marquez's career-high payday was the main reason he and Beristain conceded to the bout's contracted weight.

However, Marquez is every bit as proud as Mayweather, and unlike the 1996 U.S. Olympian, he has an entire nation rooting for his victory on Sept. 19 (which falls on Mexican Independence Day weekend). I think it's safe to say that he's properly motivated for this fight.

8. Who has the better corner? Beristain has trained 12 world titleholders, including Marquez and brother Rafael, as well as hall of famers Ricardo Lopez and Daniel Zaragoza. Aside from Floyd Jr., Roger Mayweather has trained … um … Cornelius Lock… and um, Wes Ferguson?

Roger can talk all the garbage he wants about Angelo Dundee at press conferences. Dundee is in the hall of fame (deservedly so) and there's no way Mayweather's getting in as a trainer.

The edge in corners obviously goes to Marquez but the recent reconciliation between Floyd Jr. and Floyd Sr. is definitely a plus for Mayweather.

The presence of the father, who laid the boxing foundation for his son, in Mayweather's camp will add focus to Junior's defensive preparation, which is bad news for Marquez.

9. Who is the superior boxer? I consider Mayweather and Marquez, along with Bernard Hopkins and Ivan Calderon, to be the best active boxer-technicians in the game. So who's style will prevail on Sept. 19?

Mayweather has the edge in defense. Marquez has the better offense. Mayweather is quicker and more fluid, but Marquez is more active and accurate. However, Mayweather has the better legs and lateral movement, and this ability might decide the fight.

Two of Marquez's four losses were 12-round decisions to mobile boxers -- Freddy Norwood and Chris John. Marquez fans will tell you that those losses were controversial (and the Mexican won both fights on my very unofficial scorecard) but there's no denying that he was troubled by their lateral movement and lack of forward aggression.

Well, we all know that Mayweather is not afraid to stink out an arena in order to ensure that he gets the "W." He did it with Castillo (in the second fight), Baldomir and De La Hoya. Why wouldn't he do it with Marquez if he finds the smaller man to be tough enough to take his best shots?

So what if he gets booed or criticized by "hater" boxing writers like Yours Truly? He'll stay undefeated and set up even bigger events for 2010, which leads us to the last question.

10. What does a win mean for either? Beating a well-known, undefeated U.S. Olympian is better than winning a world title for Latino warriors (as Chavez learned after beating Meldrick Taylor and Trinidad was happy to discover after his victories over De La Hoya, David Reid and Fernando Vargas).

If Marquez beats Mayweather he will finally one-up his contemporaries, Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales, and may very well approach Chavez-level reverence in Mexico.

If Mayweather defeats Marquez, he will have accomplished what most expected of him, which means he probably won't receive the credit he will undoubtedly believe he deserves. However, if he absolutely dominates Marquez -- or is the first fighter to stop the proud Mexican -- he might earn that No. 1 pound-for-pound consideration he so covets. But if he outpoints Marquez over 12 rounds, clearly winning seven or eight rounds while surviving a few rough spots, Mayweather merely makes his undefeated record sparkle a little more and sets himself up for a much bigger fight with the Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto winner.
http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1062/ten_crucial_questions_for_mayweathermarquez/

There's nothing more macho than thowing huge rocks around, eating raw quail eggs, and drinking his own piss!!!! lol>>>> All mayweather did wasget a pedicure lolol
eek.gif

Originally Posted by jose23mex

There's nothing more macho than thowing huge rocks around, eating raw quail eggs, and drinking his own piss!!!! lol>>>> All mayweather did was get a pedicure lolol
eek.gif
you're right... but still

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Any place online (besides YouTube) where I can catch episode 2 of 24/7??

*edit*

check wshh

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=22319
WBC President Jose Sulaiman presented the original WBC Diamond Belt in front of a full house at the Corona auditorium in Mexico City. There was high expectation to finally see the WBC Diamond Belt and it was a special moment when it was finally unveiled during a press conference. The belt is manufactured with 18 karat gold and fusion, 861 diamonds, 6 rubies, 221 emeralds and 180 Swarovzky glass stones all mounted on a beautiful Italian Ferrari leather and displays the picture and the flag of the 2 boxing heroes that will battle on November 14 with the winner winning the most special belt ever made in the history of boxing. The belt will be flown to New York, to later go on with its first tour, which will include New York, Puerto Rico, San Diego, San Francisco and Los Angeles. The WBC will present Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto with special clothing.

so I guess the whole diamond belt is a go...
sick.gif

[h1]Big Fat Lies: Arreola and his trainers dispute rumors at open workout[/h1]
3506_586.jpg

Chris Arreola (right) looked sharp working mitts with his trainer Henry Ramirez at a recent media workout. Ramirez is upset about rumors that Arreola, who challenges Vitali Klitschko for a heavyweight title on Sept. 26, is not in shape for the biggest fight of his career. Photo / Jan Sanders-Goossen Tutor Promotions

By the looks of Chris Arreola's body and activity at a media workout on Wednesday, it's clear that reports of his slothful training habits were greatly exaggerated.

The undefeated Mexican-American heavyweight contender, who challenges Vitali Klitschko for the giant Ukrainian's WBC title on Sept. 26, was rumored to be out of shape and under-motivated to the point of not showing up to the gym.

There's been so much talk of the Great Brown Hope being overweight in recent weeks that I was half-expecting to see a 300-pound blob walk through the doors of Joe Goossen's Ten Goose gym in Van Nuys, Calif., the site of the open workout and Arreola's training camp.

However, I'm pleased to report that Arreola (27-0, 24 knockouts) looked physically solid and technically sharp as he shadow-boxed with light hand weights, hit the mitts with his trainer Henry Ramirez and pounded one of the heavy bags in Goossen's sweltering gym.

If you're a Klitschko fan, don't misread this report. I'm not pleased because I'm rooting for Arreola, a 6-to-1 underdog in some places, to pull the upset. I have nothing against Klitschko. In fact, I have a lot of respect for THE RING's No.1 heavyweight contender.

I'm pleased that Arreola appears to be in shape (by his standards, mind you) because I want to see a good fight at L.A.'s Staples Center in two and a half weeks.

I began to have doubts about how competitive Arreola would be with Klitschko after watching the 6-foot-7 heavyweight shake out in an L.A. gym last week. Klitschko, 38, moved about like a man Arreola's age while onlookers gossiped about the pudgy contender's laziness.

However, after talking to Ramirez and Arreola's conditioning coach, Darryl Hudson, on Wednesday, I once again believe that fans are going to be treated to something special on Sept. 26.

"Of course fans are going to get a fight," Arreola insisted. "The only thing I can do is go in there and put on a great fight for the fans in Los Angeles.

"Am I in the best shape of my life? Come Sept. 26, I will be."

He didn't understand what all the concern was about. That's because the 28-year-old L.A. native hasn't been following the rumors on the internet.

Ramirez has, and what he's read hasn't put him in a good mood.

"I read that Chris is weighing 280 pounds, I read that he went AWOL for a few days and that his head's not in this fight, all that crap," he said. "All I can tell folks is that he's definitely under 280 pounds, he's in shape and he's ready to fight.

"He went nine hard rounds with three good sparring partners yesterday -- Malik Scott, Lance Whitaker and Cisse Salif -- and he got stronger in the late rounds. He threw more than 80 punches in the ninth round, so what does that tell you?"

It tells me that Arreola is not out of shape. So where did the rumors about his skipping out on training start?

"The speculation as to why he missed a day is probably my fault," Ramirez said. "Chris had the flu two weeks ago. I let some writers come to the gym and watch him train on a day when the flu got the better of him. He didn't show up and I didn't tell them why he didn't show up because I figured it was nobody's f---ing business."

Arreola didn't appear to suffer any lingering weakness from his illness during Wednesday's workout. He hit the pads and the heavy bag with more power than I'm used to seeing from him.

However, his bout with the flu may have set the camp back a week in terms of where his weight is supposed to be at this time.

Arreola, who looked solid in a tight, colorful Remetee T-shirt, said he weighed around 258 pounds (but he's probably in the low 260s). Ramirez said he plans to have Arreola come in around the 245-247 pound range for the weigh-in.

They have enough time for that to be a realistic goal, but Ramirez admits that they will push hard in the final two weeks of training.

"We're up to nine rounds in sparring now, we'll hit 10 rounds on Saturday and do two 12 rounders next week," Ramirez said. "We'll spar the Monday of fight week."

This isn't out of the ordinary for an Arreola camp. The Riverside, Calif., resident typically hits his peak late in training. That might just be the way his big body works, but part of the reason is his lifestyle between fights. Let's just say Arreola leans more towards the James Toney school of preparedness than the Bernard Hopkins school.

"He was heavy at the start of this camp," Ramirez admitted. "He wasn't 300 pounds like some people are saying, but he got pretty big after the (Jameel) McCline fight (in April), and I'll be honest with you, he was a p---k to deal with at that time and he looked like s--t for the first two weeks of sparring."

Part of the reason for Arreola's grumpiness and lack of form early in the camp, which began five weeks ago, was the new conditioning routine he was being put through by Hudson, who has worked with such world-class boxers as Winky Wright, Jeff Lacy, Lamon Brewster and (infamously) Shane Mosley.

Hudson's leg and core strength drills, mixed with sprint and middle-distance intervals, took a toll on Arreola's muscles. He was probably more sore than he's ever been at the start of this camp.

Until this camp, Arreola's idea of training was to show up to the gym, shadow box a few rounds, spar his %%! off, bang the heavy bag and then hit the showers. It's been enough for Arreola to win 27 fights without a loss, most by knockout. But his flabby appearance and 250-plus pounds fight weights drew criticism from boxing writers. A very shaky (but thrilling) shootout with Travis Walker last November sent a big fat red flag to Team Arreola's upper management (promoter Dan Goossen and manager Al Haymon), which suggested the addition of a strength and conditioning coach might be overdue.

Enter Hudson, who is impressed with Arreola's attitude and effort.

"He was open to trying new things, which is all I ask," Hudson said. "He's never done anything like what we are doing in this camp, and it's been hard on him. He's had to change his lifestyle and bad habits. He's had to follow a controlled diet. He's had to do two-a-days for the first time.

"It's tough. He had a meltdown on me last week. His body hit a wall. It was OK. I was waiting for that to happen. It happens all the time. It lets me know it's time to change the routine up, and once again, he was open to that.

"Chris has shown me that he's an athlete, a professional. He's a strong dude who is more agile than he looks and he works hard.

"People shouldn't judge him by his body type. He's never going to look like the prime Evander Holyfield, he's no Adonis, but I think in time his body will look harder and more sculpted that it does now. The important thing is his conditioning, which is there, and getting the strength he'll need to battle Vitali on the inside. He's getting that."

Hudson's strength and conditioning routine works in conjunction with Ramirez's strategy, which is to either have Arreola chest to chest with Klitschko, inside the veteran's reach, or all the way outside moving away from the giant's range-finding left jab. They don't want Arreola to get caught mid-range like most of Klitschko's opponents.

"We've been working on foot speed through agility drills," Hudson said. "We want him to be able to close the distance fast when he chooses to. We've had him do upper-body movement exercises to quicken the bob-and-weave movement he'll need to slip Klitschko's jab on his way in. We've been doing a lot of leg resistance work that will help him apply pressure but also change height (bend and crouch) as he moves in.

"And there's been a lot of core work so he can handle himself on the inside. That's one of Henry's main concerns. We know it will take energy just to get close to Klitschko. He's got to have strength and energy to let his hands go once he's there."

Ramirez concedes that Klitschko has looked formidable in his last two outings following his four-year hiatus, his title-winning stoppage of Sam Peter last October and his ninth-round TKO of Juan Carlos Gomez in March. However, Ramirez adds that the Nigerian slugger and Cuban southpaw made Klitschko's job easy by standing in front of him.

"People who think Chris is going to stand right there and throw one punch at a time like Sam Peter are crazy," he said. "We have a plan and it includes pressure, but intelligent pressure. And when we aren't able to get in close, we're going to surprise people by moving around him.

"I told Chris to take his time and don't be surprised if we're 0-3 on the scorecards after three rounds. We're not going to be in a rush, we've got 12 rounds to work with and he's going to be in shape to go 12 rounds come fight time."

Ramirez and Arreola plan on testing Klitschko's conditioning by setting the tempo of the fight. Arreola isn't just going to be in shape to move and stay upright for 12 rounds if need be. The plan is to attack the older man, particularly his body, in every round.

"Everyone says Vitali's got a good chin," Ramirez said. "That's good but we're banging his body. We're hitting his stomach, ribs, chest, arms, shoulders, whatever is there for us. The object is to fold the man in half, not to knock his head off."

If Arreola peaks in two weeks and sticks to Ramirez's plan of attack on fight night, win or lose, fans are going to get something special on Sept. 26.

Source: http://www.ringtv.com/blo..._rumors_at_open_workout/

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
U nervous Mike?

As long as he puts up a good fight I could care less if he comes in there looking like the blob from Goosebumps.

how is the clown going to say he wasnt 280? we seen the pictures !##$@%@

Ramirez and Arreola plan on testing Klitschko's conditioning by setting the tempo of the fight
LOL

whats good with HBO and 24/7 missed the last one and it didnt hit on demand yet?! also the fight is gonna be shown at my theater so it has me debatinghard...was gonna throw a lil event at the house but damn the theater sounds tempting-

Back
Top Bottom