'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

If anyone cares GB has said our OL is "set" (so believe it or not) I like the look and do expect this to be the way the season starts
LT - Matt Patchan
LG- Carl Johnson
C- Maurkice Pouncey
RG- Mike Pouncey
RT- Marcus Gilbert

CJ is too big to play on the outside and looks more natural at G. Patchan is in the 290's and has enough strength to handle bull rushes and has very quickfeet as wel. I'm not sure Wilson will ever get his *!## together, too many injuries.

Hopefully Patchan plays well.....if he doesn't I can see Maurkice moving to LG, Johnson to LT and Robey playing C.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

4 * RB out of Texas Dontae Williams is gonna be heading to Oregon
teaming back up with Darron Thomas
pimp.gif

just hears about the investigation with bryce brown.

it's that stupid agent dude he had working for him

Luc a Nole? That's how it's looking now.

And dre, he should be able to maintain a weight right around 290. His weight is under constant speculation. 287-290 Is where I'd expect him to be by thetime the 1st game rolls around. Mic is the best in the business and has done some amazing things.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Been hearing that we're in the drivers seat since Seminole Showcase, latest mumblings have us distancing ourself from UM and UF.

I personally don't believe the latter, as of now, but we'll see. It's a long way until February and Strong and Barrow are not gonna give up on thiskid.
And dre, he should be able to maintain a weight right around 290. His weight is under constant speculation. 287-290 Is where I'd expect him to be by the time the 1st game rolls around. Mic is the best in the business and has done some amazing things.
Yeah, y'all S & C coaches are that deal. Have access to the best supplements and it shows in the gains the UF players make.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Been hearing that we're in the drivers seat since Seminole Showcase, latest mumblings have us distancing ourself from UM and UF.

I personally don't believe the latter, as of now, but we'll see. It's a long way until February and Strong and Barrow are not gonna give up on this kid.

Luc is a Nole. Will make it public in the next couple days. His brother (fsu graduate) had a big influence from what I've heard.
tired.gif

Well truthfully, if you go by Luc's words, If we would offered him earlier before Coley told him we thought he was too slow to play LB, then he would be aNole right now. He said he would've committed already.

But, like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

And I don't see him committing soon, because he is steadfast in getting some attention for his teammates.

But we'll see.

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

I personally don't believe the latter, as of now, but we'll see. It's a long way until February and Strong and Barrow are not gonna give up on this kid.

Luc is a Nole. Will make it public in the next couple days. His brother (fsu graduate) had a big influence from what I've heard.
tired.gif
I also heard that he's been reminded of how Bostic has been beasting since his arrival. I always thought UF's chances were tied toCharlie. And I think he gets a HC job (finally) this season pretty much ending our chances.

Congrats Noles, Nigel and Luc possibly playing together
sick.gif

You guys stop putting these good thoughts in my head (pause)

How is Lerentee looking? What about Gary Brown. I wanted FSU to get Brown bad. That DT class woulda been SICK
sick.gif

I also heard that he's been reminded of how Bostic has been beasting since his arrival.
Didn't wanna sound like a homer, so I didn't say this earlier. But since you did,
laugh.gif
, heard that our coaches public adoration for Bostic the past couple weeks hasbeen drilled into Luc's head by the fsu coaches.

Lerentee is buried in the depth chart. Lerentee is gonna find it very hard to find PT in the future. This year he's running with the 3rd team most likely.Jelani will end up beating him out (if not this year then the next year). He'll be on ST. There is talk of possibly trying him out as a speed rusher.

Gary should find some PT this year if things go well. He has looked good for a FR. A lot of DL rotation should allow him to get PT this year. Him and Omartogether in the future
pimp.gif

Tuesday, August 18, 2009
NCAA investigating frosh Brown

Associated Press

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin says the NCAA is investigating an eligibility problem involving freshmantailback Bryce Brown.
[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

Blog network:
College Football Nation

At issue is Brown's amateur status as a high school athlete, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press. The NCAA isreviewing whether money was raised for Brown to visit colleges during his sophomore year. Tennessee was not recruiting Brown then, according to the person, whospoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

"I think it's a gigantic distraction. I think it's very unfortunate," Kiffin said in announcing the investigation after Tuesday'spractice.

The investigation has nothing to do with Brown's recruitment by Tennessee or any other school or his grades, Kiffin said.

Brown was recruited out of Wichita, Kan., as one of the top high school prospects in 2009 and committed to the Volunteers after letting a scholarship offerfrom Miami expire.

He's spent significant time playing with the Vols' first team offense during fall camp, and Kiffin has repeatedly praised his progress.

"I think Bryce had a great last four practices before [Tuesday], capped off with a great scrimmage," Kiffin said. "He didn't have very manybig holes when he was running. He made a lot out of a little, and he was extremely physical."

The investigation isn't keeping Brown from practicing with the Vols for now, though a minor hip injury has. Brown left practice on Monday after a specialteams practice period, though an MRI of his hip on Tuesday morning was negative.

Brown didn't practice on Tuesday, but Kiffin said he thought the running back might be able to practice when Tennessee takes the field again on Thursday.

"He couldn't do anything [Tuesday]. His hip was pretty tight," the coach said. "Hopefully [Thursday] we'll be able to get some stuff outof him."

Yo Gator fans can y'all gimme a breakdown on Dunkley. I know he's going ending up in GVille I just want to know whatsup. I've heard a lot of goodthings. Or is he just like every other Pahokee WR, real frail and can run like the wind
laugh.gif

Little %@! Lerentee as a Speed rusher? Or are you talking about Jenkins?

And I wouldn't doubt that the FSU coaches are harping on Bostic. I'm sure they've been doing that all along. It's what happens in recruiting.

breakdown on Dunkley
Dunkley is Dejoshua Johnson +2 inches and a good 15-20 lbs.

Not sure if he is quicker/faster than DJJ though. They are about the same speed wise but I might give DJJ a slight edge in quicks.

Definitely a deep threat, of can take the slant to the house. Great hands

Definitely stronger and probably has the better routes.

Will be hell on the next level. Him and Debose
smh.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

August 18, 2009
[h1]Four-star has top five[/h1]
Rick Kimbrel
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Talk about it in The Tribal Council
Four-star Anthony Barr (6-4, 230, 4.5) from Los Angeles (Calif.) Loyola is one of the most sought after players in the country, so naturally both of his local schools, UCLA and USC like it when he shows up their practices. Thankfully for the fans of both schools, Barr has shown up and has taken in practices at both Los Angeles schools.

[table][tr][td]
ANTHONYBARR7_29200A.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Anthony Barr brings a whole meal to the table.[/td] [/tr][/table]"Practices at both UCLA and USC have been good," Barr said. "I think both school are going to have successful seasons."

It is no wonder why UCLA,USC and a whole host of other schools are so interest in signing the skillful athlete in February. Barr is a rare athlete who has the type of versatility and ability to play several positions on the D-I level.

"Most schools say running back," Barr said when asked what position he is being recruited for. "That could change at any time. When they tell me running back, I understand that at any point in time, I can be changed to a different position."

Besides running back what other positions do colleges think Barr can play?

"I've heard everything from running back, to tight end, wide receiver, to outside linebacker, to free safety and strong safety," Barr said. "They think I can play just about any of the more athletic positions on the field, but who knows at this point.

"Like I said, most colleges have told me running back, but like I have said before, I am open to playing different positions," Barr said. "I don't know where I will end up."

Look for Barr to add strong safety and outside linebacker to his running back duties this fall. Rivals.com saw Barr in a passing league tournament going into his junior season playing safety and he had incredible closing speed for a young man his size.

Barr didn't get to play too much defense during his senior season because of his value as an offensive player where he rushed for 1,890 yards and scored 20 touchdowns.

With the versatility that Barr brings to the field it's no wonder that the talented athlete has 20-plus offers to his credit, but he is beginning to narrow things down.

"I've narrowed things down to four or five schools," Barr said. "They are UCLA, USC, Cal, Notre Dame and Michigan.

"I haven't set any visits yet, but I will probably take them during the bye week and after Thursday games this year," Barr said. "I'll probably be able to take visits during that time.

"I'm hoping to make my decision by the end of the year," Barr said. "That is my ultimate goal, but realistically, I don't know if that is going to be possible, but that's what I'm shooting for."

What attributes is Barr looking for in a college?

"A good academic school," Barr said. "Life after football is more important than life during football, because I'm going to be alive a lot longer after football and I'm going to play football, so I want a place that will provide with a good education that will last me the rest of my life.

"I also want to go to a place where I feel comfortable," Barr said. "If I'm going to be somewhere for four years, I want a place that's going to feel like home.

"A place where I can feel comfortable with the coach and grow a deeper relationship with the coach, not just a coach/player relationship, but on a more personal level," Barr said. "And a place that's going to prepare me for the next level. I hoping to play in the NFL one day and I think a school that's going to prepare me for that is really going to help me in the long run."

Barr comes from an athletic family. His father is Notre Dame great, Tony Brooks and his uncle is another Fighting Irish standout, Reggie Brooks. Will strong ties to Notre Dame enter into Barr's decision process?

"No, I don't think so," Barr said. "It, is always good knowing that my dad went there and people are always asking me if that is going major influence, but he made his decision based on where he wanted to go and what was best for him and I have to do the same.

"Who knows if Notre Dame is going to be the best fit," Barr said. "I can't base that off of a past decision. I'm just going to have to look at all of the pros and cons and make a choice based on what I ought to do.

Barr has high expectations for him and his Loyola teammates.

"I think we can go pretty far this year," Barr said. "We have a lot of big time recruits on our team and a lot of returning players and a lot of good players who are willing to work hard and do what they have to do to help the team.

"I think if we continue in that mindset with a team first attitude," Barr said. "Then we can go pretty deep."

Barr earned a spot on the Rivals.com Rivals100 team for the class of 2010 landing as the nation's No. 21 prospect at any position. He also ranked by Rivals.com as the country's No. 3 athlete prospect. His honors also include being selected to theRivals.com California Preseason Top 100 team as the No. 4 rated prospect at any position in the Golden State.

dre, yeah Lerentee. Ther are times where we got to 3 line-man, the only way that would work is if he was standing up. I personally don't seen butthey've got to find a way to use him. And If I was recruiting against UF I'd use the depth chart as well.

And to jville, Dunkley is the real deal Farrell (so take it with a grain of salt) said Dunk appeared to by in the low 170's at FNL so he has some mass tohim (not the stick build of DJ but DJ is quicker). He is a great route runner, with good hands and can catch the ball away from his body. He's a completeplayer not just a speed guy. He was one of the most impressive players at FNL from all accounts.

Dunk and Debose on the field together
happy.gif

breakdown on Dunkley

Dunkley is Dejoshua Johnson +2 inches and a good 15-20 lbs.

Not sure if he is quicker/faster than DJJ though. They are about the same speed wise but I might give DJJ a slight edge in quicks.

Definitely a deep threat, of can take the slant to the house. Great hands

Definitely stronger and probably has the better routes.

Will be hell on the next level. Him and Debose
Awesome
laugh.gif

dre, yeah Lerentee. Ther are times where we got to 3 line-man, the only way that would work is if he was standing up. I personally don't seen but they've got to find a way to use him. And If I was recruiting against UF I'd use the depth chart as well.
Wow.

Lerentee look like he has an uphill battle for the rest of his career.

I know he's a diehard Gate, so he'll probably stick it out.

He can't even switch to Safety either.
sick.gif

happy.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Awesome
laugh.gif

Yeah man. Not gonna be fun.

I've been so outta the loop this summer

Dre, whats the deal with Joyner? Is he still coming to Tally or is OSU making moves. and when the F is Kenny gonna commit. E.G.'s fam as well, the kid fromTampa.

dre, yeah Lerentee. Ther are times where we got to 3 line-man, the only way that would work is if he was standing up. I personally don't seen but they've got to find a way to use him. And If I was recruiting against UF I'd use the depth chart as well.
Wow.

Lerentee look like he has an uphill battle for the rest of his career.

I know he's a diehard Gate, so he'll probably stick it out.

He can't even switch to Safety either.
sick.gif
Jelani plays his position so he's gonna have to ball out to fight him off. It's a shame that some kids get burried but it's thenature of the beast. Miami is loaded at LB and so that wouldn't have been much better for him. In fact the Big 3 should all be loaded at LB.

dreClark wrote:
happy.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom