'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

less than 3 weeks til kickoff, this thread needs to be on the 1st page.!!!!!! Cant wail til Kickoff.!!!!!!!!

F565858.jpg

F565870.jpg

pimp.gif

Syracuse just announced Greg Paulus as the starting QB. What a fall from grace for the program.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Syracuse just announced Greg Paulus as the starting QB. What a fall from grace for the program.
QFT. How a guy can come in after not playing football for 4 years and start at a BCS school is just embarrasing. Whatever 'Cuse's wintotal is Ill take the under.

Originally Posted by dreClark

ESPNU150 cornerback Cody Riggs (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Saint Thomas Aquinas recently narrowed his recruitment down to a list of five schools and currently has one program in the lead for his services. Find out where Florida State stands!

"I have narrowed everything down to my final five, which is Florida, Georgia, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Florida State," Riggs said.

The four-star prospect talked about the schools he has visited during the summer.

"I went to Florida and hung out with the coaches and then I went to Georgia and worked out for them and talked with (Bulldogs head coach) Mark Richt. Then, I went to Seminole Showtime and talked with all of the coaches there."

Riggs talked about his interest in the Noles.

"It's just the history that they have there at Florida State," he said. "The defensive backs that they have put in the NFL are also a big factor, plus it was my favorite school growing up."

The 5-foot-8, 160-pound Riggs was timed as fast as 4.3 seconds in the 40-yard dash during his camp tour this past summer.

Riggs planned to attend Florida State's season opener on Labor Day evening against Miami (Fla.) in Tallahassee, but says that those plans have fallen through and he will take an official visit later in the process.

Despite his high interest in the Noles, Riggs' has another team on top for his services.

"I would say Florida is my leader right now because I've been there more recent so I have a better feeling for Florida," he said. "I also went there twice this summer."

Riggs is ranked as the nation's No. 76 overall prospect and is the No. 8 cornerback according to ESPN.com.

He is the number 2 300M hurdler coming into next high school year I believe.

Kris O'Dowd suffered dislocated kneecap in tonight's scrimmage
smh.gif
. Big loss if this is serious, he would have been All-American center.

Coop was in a boot at practice. And Ojomo got a broken jaw "horsing around" in the locker room. Rumor is that he had help in breaking it...

It was Moncur?
laugh.gif
wow

[table][tr][td]
tenn_01.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tenn_02.gif
[/td] [td]
tenn_03.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tenn_04.gif
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]
tenn_09.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
The%20Shirt%20Email%20Blast1.jpg

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Follow the Big Orange on[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Facebook[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Twitter[/td] [td] [/td] [td] YouTube[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
tenn_10.gif

[/td] [td]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2009, University of Tennessee. The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. No logos, photographs or graphics on this site may be reproduced without written permission. All rights reserved.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]UT Athletics Ticket Office - 1600 Phillip Fulmer Way, - Knoxville, Tennessee 37996.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Kris O'Dowd suffered dislocated kneecap in tonight's scrimmage
smh.gif
. Big loss if this is serious, he would have been All-American center.
is he done for the year?

[h1]http://blogs.suntimes.com/secondseason/2009/08/out_of_luc.html
[/h1] [h1][/h1]
[h1]Out of Luc?[/h1]
By Second Season on August 18, 2009 1:33 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

It is the time of year when Internet fanatics who cheer for one school or another scan the top 100 lists of Tom Lemming, Randy Taylor, Rivals, Scout, ESPNU and anyone else who evaluates high school players from coast to coast and make comparisons.Who do they believe? Who rates their alma mater's recruits the highest?

It's all very subjective, not a perfect science. Every year, somebody rates a player in the top 10 while somebody else doesn't even rate him in the top 100.

So it's always fun to see who is right and who is wrong.

One to watch this year is Jeff Luc, a 6-1, 230-pound linebacker from Port St. Lucie, Fla.

I rate Luc as the No. 88 player in the nation. But he is No. 4 according to Randy Taylor of National Collegiate Scouting Association, No. 5 by ESPNU and No. 10 by Rivals.

In fact, Taylor said Luc is the best linebacker in the class of 2010, a physical player who compares favorably to ++%+ Butkus and Ray Nitschke. Wow.

I think Luc is stiff. He plays weak competition. Yes, he is a hard hitter on Youtube but I'm not sold on him because he dominates against weak competition. How good will he be against strong competition? Well, Peyton Manning and Herschel Walker dominated against weak competition in high school and it didn't bother them.

Luc is big and thick and may have reached his limit. He is great at promoting himself. He has committed to play in the ESPNU all-star game in January so it is understandable that ESPNU is touting him as one of the top five players in the country.

But I believe he is stiff. He isn't a mobile guy. He doesn't break down in space. In time, we'll see how good he really is.

Remember Myron Rolle? Four years ago, he was ESPNU's No. 1 player. But he still hasn't made a tackle at Florida State. At that time, my top five players were Chris "Beanie" Wells, Mitch Mustain, Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin and Andre Smith. Three of them were NFL first-round picks as juniors. If Rolle had come out, he wouldn't have been selected in the first three rounds.

Another player to watch is quarterback Peter Thomas of El Cajon, Calif. He is No. 85 on my top 100 list. He had only one scholarship offer in June, from Arizona State, where he is going. I think he is one of the biggest sleepers of the year.

Thomas is a 6-5, 215-pounder who wasn't offered by other schools because it was reported that he didn't have good arm strength. I was sold on him because he is tall, smart, athletic, had good production and in my view had good enough arm strength to make it at the next level.

I was surprised that he didn't have more offers. I am the only analyst to rate him in the top 100. But I don't evaluate kids according to the number of offers they have while others do. By next November, we'll all know if I was right or wrong.

Lemming was all on Myron's nuts until he realized he won't going to Notre Dame
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

If u got time, heres an article on Tennessee's AD Mike Hamilton and the firing of Fulmer and hissearch for the new head football coach

theres also a Book, I'll prolly pick it up on Amazon.

Hamilton refuses to give a single name other than Lane Kiffin. But through a variety of other sources, I have pieced together a list that I believe to be accurate. I believe Hamilton met in person with Troy Calhoun of Air Force, Turner Gill of Buffalo, Brian Kelly of Cincinnati, Gary Patterson of TCU, and conducted an interview over the phone with Mike Leach from Texas Tech. Hamilton was also scheduled to meet with Will Muschamp of Texas, but Muschamp signed a coach-in-waiting deal four days before his face-to-face interview with Hamilton. Per sources, Troy Calhoun of Air Force was the number two choice.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by dreClark

[h1]http://blogs.suntimes.com/secondseason/2009/08/out_of_luc.html
[/h1] [h1][/h1]
Remember Myron Rolle? Four years ago, he was ESPNU's No. 1 player. But he still hasn't made a tackle at Florida State.
Lemming was all on Myron's nuts until he realized he won't going to Notre Dame
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
He got a point though...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No doubt, but he's acting like he wasn't hyping Myron as the greatest thing since sliced bread and trying to get him to go to ND before hecommitted to FSU and ultimately dropped in his rankings.

Back
Top Bottom