'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

eek.gif
Trooper pullin OC interviews out the %#!.

I know he's so glad he escaped knoxvlle when he did.
sick.gif

Troop is a great coach.

mannn we'll see how it plays out but It Looks like CLK may have missed the boat by rescinding that Scholly offer to That Young Man, thinking he was only anathlete playin QB
smh.gif

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

IYE2,
Is that Duron?

Yessir.
pimp.gif

**Side note: What are they sayin about Hartline practicing w/ the second team??

Word on the street is that Steve Sarkisian is leaving with 10 coaches...

No one that would actually hurt the coaching staff. Mainly dudes waiting in the wings. Good set of people.

Ed Orgeron officially to Tennessee as Recruiting Coordinator is big.

Scott Loeffler will be Florida's QB coach. He was with the Detroit Lions last year and previously coached at Michigan.

Gunna have you heard anything about Billy Gonzalez leaving UF and coming to Tennessee?

Nah I haven't heard that.
that's the word?

They are saying Gardner from UGA will be on our staff.
He's a helluva recruiter too
pimp.gif

I just got a return text. Gonzolez is supposedly headed to knoxville.

I hadn't heard anything about it til now.
And Gardner would love to come back to ut but some think he's only negotiating to get more $ from UGA. Who knows.

Come on Gunna....

I told y'all that a month ago in the College Football thread.

SMH @ Y'all _'s ignoring my nuggets of info

frown.gif

Boyd is the best QB on the field. McCarron and Murray are garbage.

He played great today, and he on a bum knee..Ohio St. needs to be in his future.

Gunna what you think about Marlon Brown?

hopefully nebraska can makes some noise in recruiting and add some playmakers...

anyone think pelini can use his connections in the SE to bring recruits to nebraska?

Phil fulmer was on espn last nite sayin how bo pelini has nebraska all in recruits mouths all over the country. CPF said he ran into alotta"Nebraska" talk when he was in areas

And CPF is nationwide.
So u should be pleased with the progress

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Phil fulmer was on espn last nite sayin how bo pelini has nebraska all in recruits mouths all over the country. CPF said he ran into alotta "Nebraska" talk when he was in areas

And CPF is nationwide.
So u should be pleased with the progress

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good. We need to get back into stealing recruits from Florida. Outside of Eric Crouch, Scott Frost and Ahman Green, Nebraska as a state does not produce goodskill players. When we were winning championships in the 90's we had a strong pipeline in FL and CA.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

[table][tr][td]Coaching Changes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]School[/td] [td]Out[/td] [td]Yrs at
School
[/td] [td]New Coach[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Army[/td] [td]Stan Brock[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Rich Ellerson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Auburn[/td] [td]Tommy Tuberville[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Gene Chizik[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ball State[/td] [td]Brady Hoke[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Stan Parrish[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bowling Green[/td] [td]Gregg Brandon[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Dave Clawson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Clemson[/td] [td]Tommy Bowden[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Dabo Swinney[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Eastern Michigan[/td] [td]Jeff Genyk[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Ron English[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Iowa State[/td] [td]Gene Chizik[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Paul Rhoads[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kansas State[/td] [td]Ron Prince[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Bill Snyder[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Miami (Ohio)[/td] [td]Shane Montgomery[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Mike Haywood[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mississippi State[/td] [td]Sylvester Croom[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Dan Mullen[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Mexico[/td] [td]Rocky Long[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]Mike Locksley[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Mexico State[/td] [td]Hal Mumme[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]DeWayne Walker[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Purdue[/td] [td]Joe Tiller[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Danny Hope[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego State[/td] [td]Chuck Long[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Brady Hoke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Syracuse[/td] [td]Greg Robinson[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Doug Marrone[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tennessee[/td] [td]Phil Fulmer[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]Lane Kiffin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toledo[/td] [td]Tom Amstutz[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Tim Beckman[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Utah State[/td] [td]Brent Guy[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Gary Andersen[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Washington[/td] [td]Tyrone Willingham[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Steve Sarkisian[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wyoming[/td] [td]Joe Glenn[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Dave Christensen[/td] [/tr][/table]

My state having both D-1 colleges with black head coaches
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good stuff, hopefully they are successful & move on to bigger and better jobs.
[Baby from Cash Money] Get your shine on![Baby from Cash Money]

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

LU is getting a few transfers

WR Ervin Garner (Virginia Tech)
LB Owen Hunter (Virginia Tech)
Buck Burnette (Texas)*not official, everyone is saying he's going there
The hell is LU?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

does Randy Shannon have to worry about Tubby gettin a peak at the UM job? soon just wondering
He should worry, if we have another bad season in '09 he will be gone. If it was up to me he would already be on his way out the door, the waywe just broke down at the end of the season was despicable to watch, 12-13 at the University of Miami is unacceptable.

Is Tuberville a good recruiter?
Yes, just the other day he convinced a kid to decommit from Florida and he isn't even coaching anymore.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

The hell is LU?
laugh.gif
Liberty, FCS team
laugh.gif
.....if anyone cares, he is some more(rumors) FBS players transferring to FCS teams

Jarrett Lee (LSU)??????- McNeese State or Stephen F Austin
Nathan $%$$ (
laugh.gif
)(Arkansas)- Sam Houston State or Texas State
Elvis Akpla (Oregon)- Montana State
CJ Mack (UCONN)-Delaware

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

The hell is LU?
laugh.gif
Liberty, FCS team
laugh.gif
My sister goes there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Rodney Garner staying at UGA.

Now wrap this class up with Reid, M. Brown, Starling, Charles, M. Robinson, and Massie and we'll be set.
laugh.gif

We're irrelevant but it looks like Clemson hired Kevin Steele from Bama as DC.

Back
Top Bottom