'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

ia8ccd631-a3c9-4197-9bb0-aa8a662bd855.jpg

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Scout says that Boyd has trimmed his list. Any news on this guy?
Sounds like Oregon is eliminated b/c of distance.

And he apparently had a GREAT in home visit with Tressel.

I don't have a scout acct. though.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Well Scout now has Boyd having Ohio State and Oregon as both HIGH interest. Sounds like Clemson is outta the picture.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Well Scout now has Boyd having Ohio State and Oregon as both HIGH interest. Sounds like Clemson is outta the picture.
Yeah, it's down to Ohio State and Oregon. He seems to be pretty hung up on sitting behind Pryor so I doubt he chooses Ohio State.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

u kidding me with that crap? no high school teams u could of got Meyers to make it a little tougher? 7 home games?
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Texas A&M's schedule is gonna be worse than that. (Not that it really matters...we're not gonna be in contention for a BCS bowl like Florida will be.)

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent / Event[/td] [td]Location[/td] [td]Time / Result[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/05/09[/td] [td]vs. NEW MEXICO[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/19/09[/td] [td]vs. UTAH STATE[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/26/09[/td] [td]vs. UAB[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/03/09[/td] [td]vs. Arkansas[/td] [td]Arlington, Texas (Cowboys Stadium)[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/10/09[/td] [td]vs. OKLAHOMA STATE[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/17/09[/td] [td]at Kansas State[/td] [td]Manhattan, KS[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/24/09[/td] [td]at Texas Tech[/td] [td]Lubbock, TX[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/31/09[/td] [td]vs. IOWA STATE[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/07/09[/td] [td]at Colorado[/td] [td]Boulder, CO[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/14/09[/td] [td]at Oklahoma[/td] [td]Norman, OK[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/21/09[/td] [td]vs. BAYLOR[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]State Farm Lone Star Showdown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/26/09[/td] [td]vs. TEXAS
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][/table]
7 home games with a game in Arlington (2.5-3 hours away)
laugh.gif

New Mexico, Utah State, UAB
laugh.gif
I should be at a few Aggie games this year. Hope that QB does his job.

Boyd has Oregon over Ohio State right now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=2&c=828479[/h1]
[h1]Too Little, Too Late?[/h1]Mr. Boyd thinks Oregon might have a slight lead over Ohio State. "They have a lot going for them. He wants to major in sports management, and they are good for that. Plus, they have the Nike thing…and Chip Kelly (offensive coordinator) is a genius as far as working with quarterbacks. I think Oregon would be in the lead and I'm fine with him going that far away. We could relocate there. I used to be in the military and I'm used to living in different places. If he chose Ohio State, we'd go to Ohio too," Mr. Boyd explained.

----

So how does Boyd compare Oregon and Ohio State? "They are totally different programs," he said.

"Oregon is more innovative," Boyd said. "They have crazy uniforms, a crazy offense and are real exciting.

"Ohio State is all about tradition," he said. "They have prestige and a great history."

"Oregon has like three quarterbacks but I like my chances," he said. "I'm a hard worker and I think I can outwork most players. I'd definitely be trying to compete right away.

"I really like the offense that Oregon runs and it would suit me pretty well," Boyd said.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by tmay407

u kidding me with that crap? no high school teams u could of got Meyers to make it a little tougher? 7 home games?
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Texas A&M's schedule is gonna be worse than that. (Not that it really matters...we're not gonna be in contention for a BCS bowl like Florida will be.)

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent / Event[/td] [td]Location[/td] [td]Time / Result[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/05/09[/td] [td]vs. NEW MEXICO[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/19/09[/td] [td]vs. UTAH STATE[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/26/09[/td] [td]vs. UAB[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/03/09[/td] [td]vs. Arkansas[/td] [td]Arlington, Texas (Cowboys Stadium)[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/10/09[/td] [td]vs. OKLAHOMA STATE[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/17/09[/td] [td]at Kansas State[/td] [td]Manhattan, KS[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/24/09[/td] [td]at Texas Tech[/td] [td]Lubbock, TX[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/31/09[/td] [td]vs. IOWA STATE[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/07/09[/td] [td]at Colorado[/td] [td]Boulder, CO[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/14/09[/td] [td]at Oklahoma[/td] [td]Norman, OK[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/21/09[/td] [td]vs. BAYLOR[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]State Farm Lone Star Showdown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/26/09[/td] [td]vs. TEXAS
media-icon-tv.gif
[/td] [td]COLLEGE STATION[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][/table]
7 home games with a game in Arlington (2.5-3 hours away)
laugh.gif

New Mexico, Utah State, UAB
laugh.gif
I should be at a few Aggie games this year. Hope that QB does his job.

The quarterback ain't the one you're gonna have to worry about... The offense is OK. The defense ...
sick.gif

Boyd has Oregon over Ohio State right now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=2&c=828479[/h1]
[h1]Too Little, Too Late?[/h1]Mr. Boyd thinks Oregon might have a slight lead over Ohio State. "They have a lot going for them. He wants to major in sports management, and they are good for that. Plus, they have the Nike thing…and Chip Kelly (offensive coordinator) is a genius as far as working with quarterbacks. I think Oregon would be in the lead and I'm fine with him going that far away. We could relocate there. I used to be in the military and I'm used to living in different places. If he chose Ohio State, we'd go to Ohio too," Mr. Boyd explained.

----

So how does Boyd compare Oregon and Ohio State? "They are totally different programs," he said.

"Oregon is more innovative," Boyd said. "They have crazy uniforms, a crazy offense and are real exciting.

"Ohio State is all about tradition," he said. "They have prestige and a great history."

"Oregon has like three quarterbacks but I like my chances," he said. "I'm a hard worker and I think I can outwork most players. I'd definitely be trying to compete right away.

"I really like the offense that Oregon runs and it would suit me pretty well," Boyd said.

pimp.gif

Tajh = NTer.
nerd.gif

Marlon Brown Update
"It Was a Blast."

By Allen Wallace
National Recruiting Editor
Posted Jan 7, 2009

Marlon Brown says he was disappointed to see the Buckeyes lose to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. "I don't even know how that happened," Brown said of Ohio State's last minute loss to the Longhorns. "I'm still in shock. That was a rough way to lose. I can't wait for the national championship. Hopefully Florida will be able to pull it off. It should be really exciting. I think Florida..." "

Marlon Brown, the 6-foot-5, 205-pound five-star wide receiver from Harding High School in Memphis, Tenn., played in the UnderArmour All-Star Game last Sunday and made quite an impression. He had four receptions for just under 100 yards and one touchdown. He's a big, fast target who started the game off with a 71 yard touchdown reception from USC-bound QB Matt Barkley.
"It was a blast," Brown said of his experience. "I loved it. The competition was nuts. It was so much fun being around some of the best players in the country.

"It was really cool being around all these guys," he said.

So while Brown had a strong performance himself, with whom was he impressed? "Man, there were so many good players," he said.

"Guys like Greg Reid (four-star cornerback from Lowndes High School in Valdosta, Ga), Matt Barkley (five-star quarterback from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, Calif.), Manti Te'o (five-star linebacker from Punahou High School in Honolulu, Hi.), Morrell Pressley (five-star tight end from Carson High School in Calif, who is committed to UCLA) and Branden Smith (four-star cornerback from Washington High School in Atlanta, Ga., who is committed to Georgia) are some of the guys that really stood out."

Brown, Scout.com's No. 4 wide receiver, still favors Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and Ohio State while continuing to deny a leader.

"I want to make sure I find a place where I feel like the coaches and players really get along," Brown said. "I want to have a good relationship with them and make sure I fit in with them."

He has already taken official visits to Georgia on Sept. 26 and Ohio State on Oct. 11. Brown closes up with a trip to Florida on Jan. 24 and finally Tennessee on Jan. 31.

"My visit to Georgia was amazing," he said. "I love the team and everything there is top-notch. Coach Mark Richt is real easy to talk to and said he really wants me at Georgia. I feel they really want me, plus I love Athens."

But Brown says his trip to Ohio State was equally impressive. "I really like coach Jim Tressel," he said. "He's a great guy and I like his style. He's a real good coach and commands a lot of respect. He has a good relationship with his players and they all seem to love playing for him."

The one negative about the Buckeyes? "It's cold," he said.

Brown says he was also disappointed to see the Buckeyes lose to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. "I don't even know how that happened," he said of Ohio State's last minute loss to the Longhorns. "I'm still in shock. That was a rough way to lose."

Of course there's one more game that Brown is excited for. "I can't wait for the national championship," he said. "Hopefully Florida will be able to pull it off. It should be really exciting. I think Florida scores like 45 points per game and their offense is amazing."

He's looking forward to his official visit to Gainesville. "I'm excited to go there and check everything out," he said. "I've heard about their facilities and stadium and everything.

"I also really like all the coaches," Brown said. "Coach Urban Meyer is laid-back and real down-to-earth."

With only about of month of time to recruit him, Brown says Tennessee's new coach Lane Kiffin is now recruiting him the hardest. "They call whenever they can and email all the time," he said. "I've talked to coach Kiffin and he seems cool too. I was real surprised when coach Phillip Fulmer resigned, but coach Kiffin seems like he'll be a good coach.

"I just need to take my visit to Tennessee and see what it's like," he said. "I want to see if coach Kiffin and I have a good bond."

With over 35 total scholarship offers, one team that didn't make Brown's final cut was LSU. "They kind of just stopped calling me," he said of the Tigers.

Brown says he will announce his decision during a press conference at his school on signing day.

He finished his senior season with 19 touchdowns for a 10-3 team.

Brown reports a 3.2 core GPA and a 21 ACT.

..aint lookin good w/ Marlon either..GobucksBC is on top of things
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

Marlon Brown Update
"It Was a Blast."

By Allen Wallace
National Recruiting Editor
Posted Jan 7, 2009

Marlon Brown says he was disappointed to see the Buckeyes lose to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. "I don't even know how that happened," Brown said of Ohio State's last minute loss to the Longhorns. "I'm still in shock. That was a rough way to lose. I can't wait for the national championship. Hopefully Florida will be able to pull it off. It should be really exciting. I think Florida..." "

Marlon Brown, the 6-foot-5, 205-pound five-star wide receiver from Harding High School in Memphis, Tenn., played in the UnderArmour All-Star Game last Sunday and made quite an impression. He had four receptions for just under 100 yards and one touchdown. He's a big, fast target who started the game off with a 71 yard touchdown reception from USC-bound QB Matt Barkley.
"It was a blast," Brown said of his experience. "I loved it. The competition was nuts. It was so much fun being around some of the best players in the country.

"It was really cool being around all these guys," he said.

So while Brown had a strong performance himself, with whom was he impressed? "Man, there were so many good players," he said.

"Guys like Greg Reid (four-star cornerback from Lowndes High School in Valdosta, Ga), Matt Barkley (five-star quarterback from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, Calif.), Manti Te'o (five-star linebacker from Punahou High School in Honolulu, Hi.), Morrell Pressley (five-star tight end from Carson High School in Calif, who is committed to UCLA) and Branden Smith (four-star cornerback from Washington High School in Atlanta, Ga., who is committed to Georgia) are some of the guys that really stood out."

Brown, Scout.com's No. 4 wide receiver, still favors Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and Ohio State while continuing to deny a leader.

"I want to make sure I find a place where I feel like the coaches and players really get along," Brown said. "I want to have a good relationship with them and make sure I fit in with them."

He has already taken official visits to Georgia on Sept. 26 and Ohio State on Oct. 11. Brown closes up with a trip to Florida on Jan. 24 and finally Tennessee on Jan. 31.

"My visit to Georgia was amazing," he said. "I love the team and everything there is top-notch. Coach Mark Richt is real easy to talk to and said he really wants me at Georgia. I feel they really want me, plus I love Athens."

But Brown says his trip to Ohio State was equally impressive. "I really like coach Jim Tressel," he said. "He's a great guy and I like his style. He's a real good coach and commands a lot of respect. He has a good relationship with his players and they all seem to love playing for him."

The one negative about the Buckeyes? "It's cold," he said.

Brown says he was also disappointed to see the Buckeyes lose to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. "I don't even know how that happened," he said of Ohio State's last minute loss to the Longhorns. "I'm still in shock. That was a rough way to lose."

Of course there's one more game that Brown is excited for. "I can't wait for the national championship," he said. "Hopefully Florida will be able to pull it off. It should be really exciting. I think Florida scores like 45 points per game and their offense is amazing."

He's looking forward to his official visit to Gainesville. "I'm excited to go there and check everything out," he said. "I've heard about their facilities and stadium and everything.

"I also really like all the coaches," Brown said. "Coach Urban Meyer is laid-back and real down-to-earth."

With only about of month of time to recruit him, Brown says Tennessee's new coach Lane Kiffin is now recruiting him the hardest. "They call whenever they can and email all the time," he said. "I've talked to coach Kiffin and he seems cool too. I was real surprised when coach Phillip Fulmer resigned, but coach Kiffin seems like he'll be a good coach.

"I just need to take my visit to Tennessee and see what it's like," he said. "I want to see if coach Kiffin and I have a good bond."

With over 35 total scholarship offers, one team that didn't make Brown's final cut was LSU. "They kind of just stopped calling me," he said of the Tigers.

Brown says he will announce his decision during a press conference at his school on signing day.

He finished his senior season with 19 touchdowns for a 10-3 team.

Brown reports a 3.2 core GPA and a 21 ACT.

..aint lookin good w/ Marlon either..GobucksBC is on top of things
laugh.gif

haha...yeah. If you can afford the Scout subscription on Buckeye Sports Bulletin, I highly recommend it. For $9.95/month it's well worth itfor me. A ton of insider information.

[h1]Wichita State RB to Visit Kansas State[/h1]
[img]http://media.ksnt.com/designimages/BIM_icon_video_fff.gif[/img]Watch the Video

One of the top overall prospects in the state of KAnsas will be in Manhattan this weekend.

Wichita-East running back Bryce Brown is scheduled for an unofficial visit.

Brown orally committed to the University of Miami, but now is considering Oregon and Kansas State.

"Coach Snyder came down to visit me at my house a couple weeks ago and it was a good visit because I didn't know anything about Coach Snyder except that he coached Darren Sproles," Brown said.

"And we didn't really didn't talk too much about football. He just wanted to sit down and allow me a chance to really get to know him on a personal level and just talk about him. And I plan on going there in early January to just hopefully he has his coaching staff in place so I can see the difference in the atmosphere."

Originally Posted by vctry20

[img]http://media.ksnt.com/designimages/BIM_icon_video_fff.gif[/img]Watch the Video

One of the top overall prospects in the state of KAnsas will be in Manhattan this weekend.

Brown orally committed to the University of Miami, but now is considering Oregon and Kansas State.

"Coach Snyder came down to visit me at my house a couple weeks ago and it was a good visit because I didn't know anything about Coach Snyder except that he coached Darren Sproles," Brown said.

"And we didn't really didn't talk too much about football. He just wanted to sit down and allow me a chance to really get to know him on a personal level and just talk about him. And I plan on going there in early January to just hopefully he has his coaching staff in place so I can see the difference in the atmosphere."

What's Brown's story?

Is he solid to Miami? Or is he truly looking at other schools?

Originally Posted by DLo13

Now wrap this class up with Reid, M. Brown, Starling, Charles, M. Robinson, and Massie and we'll be set.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Imagine that. That boy Massie is huge, hope Saban dont snatch him up.

Originally Posted by vctry20

What's Brown's story?

Is he solid to Miami? Or is he truly looking at other schools?

According to rivals he's still committed to Miami, he seems to have decided he wants to explore more options

I'd love to see him in Eugene

MIAMI -- Former Miami quarterback Robert Marve will be allowed to transfer to two schools within the state of Florida, but still can't switch to move to LSU, Tennessee or Florida.
Miami spokesman Mark Pray on Thursday night confirmed the school's athletic appeals committee's decision. Marve, who completed 116 of 213 passes for 1,293 yards with nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions this season, is now allowed to transfer to Central Florida or South Florida. He is still prohibited from transferring to schools in the Atlantic Coast Conference. The Associated Press could not locate a working telephone number for Marve's father, former NFL player Eugene Marve, late Thursday night. Eugene Marve told The Miami Herald that his son was "upset" by the decision. "We'd be honored by any university that would offer Robert a scholarship to play football," Eugene Marve told the newspaper, when asked if his son would play at South Florida or Central Florida. "We're still evaluating our options." Robert Marve's split with Miami has been rocky. The former Florida high school Mr. Football award winner started 11 games for the Hurricanes this season. But unrelated one-game suspensions kept him out of the season opener and finale. After missing his fourth English class of the semester, Marve was kept home from the Emerald Bowl. Although Marve said he was not absent, just minutes late, his appeals went nowhere. On Dec. 30, Marve told The Associated Press he was leaving Miami. One of the prized signings in Miami's 2007 recruiting class, Marve missed his freshman season because of injuries he sustained in a car crash. He split time this season with Jacory Harris, and Harris was selected the first-stringer entering 2009 after Miami's 24-17 loss to Cal in the Emerald Bowl.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

B. Brown is like Jeremiah Johnson is Jeremiah were signficantly bigger and had top end speed. Him and Blount next season would put UO in the top 8-9 nextseason easy but I'm not holding my breath. I think he wants to learn the ropes next season at THA U because SuperCoop and Baby James AKA THE best RB tandemin the nation should be getting the majority of the touches.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

B. Brown is like Jeremiah Johnson is Jeremiah were signficantly bigger and had top end speed. Him and Blount next season would put UO in the top 8-9 next season easy but I'm not holding my breath. I think he wants to learn the ropes next season at THA U because SuperCoop and Baby James AKA THE best RB tandem in the nation should be getting the majority of the touches.
Johnson is gone this year. Blount will be a senior next year, the perfect situation for Brown to come in and be the starter in a couple years.Just looking at the type of offenses the two teams use, it's clear that Oregon is the advantage when it comes to the running game. But whatever.

big time recruiting weekend for UCLA had most of its commits on campus and few others they trying to steal.

COMMITS:
Isaiah Bowens
Richard Brehaut
Greg Capella
Todd Golper
Ricky Marvray
Alex Mascarenas
Sheldon Price
Brandon Sermons
Branden Warner
Eddie Williams

RECRUITS:
Nic Abele
Markus Wheaton

COMMITS TO OTHER SCHOOLS
Randall Carroll (USC)
Devon Flournoy (USC)
Taniela Maka (Arizona)
Marlon Pollard (Notre Dame)
Billy Sanders (Miami)

So far tonight we got
Billy sanders from miami
Marlon Pollard back from ND
and Maka from arizona

pimp.gif

DO WORK SLICK RICK DO WORK

big time recruiting weekend for UCLA had most of its commits on campus and few others they trying to steal.

COMMITS:
Isaiah Bowens
Richard Brehaut
Greg Capella
Todd Golper
Ricky Marvray
Alex Mascarenas
Sheldon Price
Brandon Sermons
Branden Warner
Eddie Williams

RECRUITS:
Nic Abele
Markus Wheaton

COMMITS TO OTHER SCHOOLS
Randall Carroll (USC)
Devon Flournoy (USC)
Taniela Maka (Arizona)
Marlon Pollard (Notre Dame)
Billy Sanders (Miami)

So far tonight we got
Billy sanders from miami
Marlon Pollard back from ND
and Maka from arizona

pimp.gif

DO WORK SLICK RICK DO WORK

lets see if this is true but i heard Slick Rick (edit, great chance of getting) a couple USC commits
pimp.gif

Maka is a beast
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom