09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Best Frosh RB since AD

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

why is it that the PAC 10 is "so weak" when there is about 4-5 fairly equal teams at the top (Ore, Ore St, Stan, Arizona) and the SEC is "SO GOOD" when they have one good team in each division? I really can't wait for bowl season again. Not that the PAC 10 will get any credit anyway... I really feel like we could def run the table again and UF or Texas will win the NC and everybody will be slurping how good the SEC is again. We need to start setting up some PAC 10 vs SEC matchups and REALLY see whats good! BTW, yeah i'm mad
laugh.gif
jp
although i'm an sec guy, i do agree with you somewhat. i think the league is definitely overrated by the media, but i still think we're at the top or close to it.

to the sec's credit though, they've only lost like 5 or 6 out of conference games this year (vandy and msu, arguably the two worst sec teams, account for 4 of those alone). i think the other bcs conferences have lost several more. i know this will bring up the claim that sec teams schedule "cupcakes", but this season the conference has faced virginia tech, oklahoma state, georgia tech, houston, nc state, arizona state, west virginia, washington, texas a&m, ucla, louisville, etc. remember these games are scheduled years in advance, so you never know if a team will be as good as they usually are. also, there are no losses that i would consider absolutely embarrassing... i'm not sure the other conferences can make that claim (maryland loss to mtsu? colorado lost to toledo? washington state lost to hawaii?)

and as for the sec / pac-10 matchups you are requesting... weren't there 3 of those this year? seems the sec went 2-1 there (lsu/washington; georgia/arizona state; tennessee/ucla)

also, we went 7-2 in bowl games last year. i know the pac-10 was a perfect 5-0, but would they have gone 9-0 if 9 teams had made it? who knows.
I see your point for sure. But unfortunately as you said, the games are scheduled years in advance and it just happened that this year the threeteams that the SEC had scheduled were all pretty weak PAC 10 teams... I just think it would be cool to see some top tier teams from both of our respectableconferences go at it in some bowl games. PAC 10 needs to get away from this Rose Bowl comprised of a matchup against the Big X champ.
ohwell.gif

Jerry Hughes has been beating this RT senseless all damn night..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Utah ain't doing anything to help dude, either...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Better not miss with the next hire. absolutely can't.
Who do you want? And how much is Charlie's buyout?
urban or kelly, I'm more than good with either. break out the $, lower admission standards, idc.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This ninja Lewis for Pitt is DISGUSTING!
eek.gif
smh.gif

"EGHCK!" (c) Pusha T
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

That's my boy!! You already know babyyy. I should hype Golden up like he's Brandon Jennings
laugh.gif
best WR since Keyshawn and Randy Moss. Nah I'm playin'.

Pitt gotta kill clock with Lewis. They have a solid D with a good pass rush, if anything make Clausen beat you. There's a good chance he makes a mistakewith pressure/blitzes/disguised coverage.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Mike Sherman... Go away. You're clearly outclassed.
This loss ain't on Sherman. And if these are the players he's gonna be working with, I'm prepared for another 3-4 years of this. Wehad every opportunity to at least keep that game close, and every opportunity was given right back to OU in the form of an easy 7 points because of simplemistakes made by the *#*%++ players we have.

-Cyrus Gray can't catch or hold on to a kick off. He had 2 fumbles on kickoffs, plus another muffed punt that led to OU getting the ball on their side ofthe field.
-Jamie McCoy couldn't catch a pass if you handed it to him.
-Christine Michael can only do so much when he's continuously getting his head ripped off by defenders.
-Jerrod has .2 seconds to make a throw, or else he's running for his life.
-Fuller goes down for 5 weeks and we have a freshman step up and show he's clearly capable of carrying the load. So Fuller comes back from injury, and whatdo you know? We completely forget about one of the best freshman WRs in the nation, and force everything to Fuller. %**+!%% genius Jerrod. %**+!%% genius.
-Nobody on this offensive line should have a D1 scholarship.
-Nobody on the defense should have a D1 scholarship (except maybe Von Miller, but even he got manhandled tonight).
-Danny Baker is the worst player that's ever seen playing time at the D1 level. I watched 2 plays in the 2nd half, and both plays I saw Danny Baker liftout of stance and turn and watch as his man ran untouched to knock the *@!% out of Ryan Tannehill.
-How hard is it to catch punts? We could pull a player from one of the local HS teams, and he could at least call a fair catch and catch those punts. Instead,we have some guys that only have D1 scholarships because they're from "winning" HS programs back there trying to catch those punts.
-I could go on, but there's no point. This team isn't even worth what I've already written.

The only blame Sherman gets tonight is having re-treads from a Nebraska team that was possibly the worst Nebraska team during a 5-year span in theprogram's history. Jim Turner, Buddy Wyatt, and Kirk Doll all should walk home tonight. And hopefully they'll get run over on the way home. Those guyshave NO business whatsoever ever coaching a college football game ever again. That goes for Joe Kines, as well. Take your old *%!%%!# !%+ back to Alabama andeat your wife's home cooking. Quit equating that *%!%%!# #%+%%!%# to tackling you old *%!%%!# piece of *@!%.

Back
Top Bottom