1,700 Workers Laid Off via Conference Call

dirty
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

crazy world out there. You could be the most dedicated worker for 75% of your life, being at the same place for 45 years. but when it comes down to it, you could be laid off like the rest of them. As a worker, don't be too dedicated to a company, they can and will ditch you or people like you without a care in the world

Basically, remember that you're always a free agent. This ain't the old days where you worked the same place for 40 years and retired with a crazy pension. You're just a number to them, so they just gotta be a paycheck to you.
I agree w/this statement. I used to feel like I meant somethin to a company. Not anymore...

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

crazy world out there. You could be the most dedicated worker for 75% of your life, being at the same place for 45 years. but when it comes down to it, you could be laid off like the rest of them. As a worker, don't be too dedicated to a company, they can and will ditch you or people like you without a care in the world

Basically, remember that you're always a free agent. This ain't the old days where you worked the same place for 40 years and retired with a crazy pension. You're just a number to them, so they just gotta be a paycheck to you.
I agree w/this statement. I used to feel like I meant somethin to a company. Not anymore...

I JUST learned this myself
30t6p3b.gif

I JUST learned this myself
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by stateofsingularity

Question for the critics: what would you have the company do?

Do things the RIGHT way. I was laid off in May...and it wasn't anything as inhumane as this...and that was from AT&T, a company with 70,000 employees.

It's bad enough you laid them off, but to take away their dignity as well? It's a slap in the face. Companies are so concerned w/their bottom line, they dont care HOW they treat people....but, will spend millions to try & clear their tarnished reputations in PR smears such as this.
damn

i remember you made a thread waaaaaaaaay back posting a weeks check you had that was like 2k from madd OT pay or something.

BUT, I'm employed
This is the key right here.

I could not imagine any company I have worked for pull this move.

The economy is not getting better ANYTIME SOON.

Funny thing was back in 2008, I was thinking about leaving my field when I got laid off.

Being on the HVAC Distribution side did not keep me unemployed long though. As long as people need A/C and heating, I am straight.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by stateofsingularity

Question for the critics: what would you have the company do?

Do things the RIGHT way. I was laid off in May...and it wasn't anything as inhumane as this...and that was from AT&T, a company with 70,000 employees.

It's bad enough you laid them off, but to take away their dignity as well? It's a slap in the face. Companies are so concerned w/their bottom line, they dont care HOW they treat people....but, will spend millions to try & clear their tarnished reputations in PR smears such as this.
damn

i remember you made a thread waaaaaaaaay back posting a weeks check you had that was like 2k from madd OT pay or something.

BUT, I'm employed
This is the key right here.

I could not imagine any company I have worked for pull this move.

The economy is not getting better ANYTIME SOON.

Funny thing was back in 2008, I was thinking about leaving my field when I got laid off.

Being on the HVAC Distribution side did not keep me unemployed long though. As long as people need A/C and heating, I am straight.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

http://www.huffingtonpost...ff-1700-vi_n_798442.html

"My manager had convinced me to sell my personal car three months earlier because he said the company was in really good shape," she said. "So I sold it. I might have to use my severance pay to buy a new one now, so I can drive around to job interviews."

IDK but if this story is true, that manager can easily determine who she is. She's effed.

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

http://www.huffingtonpost...ff-1700-vi_n_798442.html

"My manager had convinced me to sell my personal car three months earlier because he said the company was in really good shape," she said. "So I sold it. I might have to use my severance pay to buy a new one now, so I can drive around to job interviews."

IDK but if this story is true, that manager can easily determine who she is. She's effed.

Company probably saved at least 50 million firing those people.

Job security is an illusion. Create something of value and you will be rewarded by society.

If your job is something that can be done in a 3rd world country for 1/3 of the price, don't expect to have it for much longer.

"Overhead walks on 2 legs" -Felix Dennis

Company probably saved at least 50 million firing those people.

Job security is an illusion. Create something of value and you will be rewarded by society.

If your job is something that can be done in a 3rd world country for 1/3 of the price, don't expect to have it for much longer.

"Overhead walks on 2 legs" -Felix Dennis

I remember when I got laid off....something seemed off as I was walking to my car to lunch, but I didnt think nothing of it....

I comeback from my 90 min lunch....just chillin talkin b/s with my coworkers and supervisor at my when my boy got snatched up by a production supervisor, didnt think twice...

5 minutes later my manager comes to me and ask to see me, we walk right past his office into another office with an HR dude chillin there with a folder with my name on it...

I got 2 weeks severance pay, and they laiid off about 60 people out of a 200 person company....

I miss that job, I got to a 10k post count in a year thanks to that job.

I remember when I got laid off....something seemed off as I was walking to my car to lunch, but I didnt think nothing of it....

I comeback from my 90 min lunch....just chillin talkin b/s with my coworkers and supervisor at my when my boy got snatched up by a production supervisor, didnt think twice...

5 minutes later my manager comes to me and ask to see me, we walk right past his office into another office with an HR dude chillin there with a folder with my name on it...

I got 2 weeks severance pay, and they laiid off about 60 people out of a 200 person company....

I miss that job, I got to a 10k post count in a year thanks to that job.

Back
Top Bottom