10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

I know.... A lot of old music heads are stuck in their ways and wont even budge to think about Drake being top 10 DOA... But I think he's close... if not there already, The man hasn't took a musical "L" yet....
nerd.gif

Discuss...

10-15 years will he be one of the greats,hell yea.

Right now....not even close even though I *** with him
pimp.gif

He's already in the top 10 out right now though

Originally Posted by JD617

No way you're serious.

Dead serious, No hoody...

The man elevates every song he's featured on....Dope verses, Dope hooks, meaningful lyrical content...

I can't remember a rapper who was dope "straight out the gates" the way Drake is/was.... I think he's a 8-10 album rapper...EASY

Originally Posted by CAto312

I'm not sure.

OP, out of curiosity who's in your TOP 10 now?

Honestly?...I don't have a set top 10 because I haven't really had a chance to take the time and listen to every LP by all of the "Greats"... Most cats put rappers in their top 10 based off singles and hype and havent even heard all of their material... I like to be fair.

But based off my musical tastes and what I've heard, My Top 5 (No particular order)

Nas
Hov
Jadakiss
Pac
Big

Drake is top 10 now..son creates Crack.

he is my favorite rapper right now, though.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by CAto312

I'm not sure.

OP, out of curiosity who's in your TOP 10 now?

Honestly?...I don't have a set top 10 because I haven't really had a chance to take the time and listen to every LP by all of the "Greats"... Most cats put rappers in their top 10 based off singles and hype and havent even heard all of their material... I like to be fair.

But based off my musical tastes and what I've heard, My Top 5 (No particular order)

Nas
Hov
Jadakiss
Pac
Big
I don't have a set top 10 either, and plus I'm pretty nostalgic in my choices too I guess.  Mine morphs every time I've had to come up with one, but the ones that usually pop up in my list are:

Nas (Nasty)
Big
Guru
Common
Big L

I know.... A lot of old music heads are stuck in their ways and wont even budge to think about Drake being top 10 DOA... But I think he's close... if not there already, The man hasn't took a musical "L" yet....
nerd.gif

Discuss...
What has he accomplish though?

Has he dropped a classic? No.
In fact, what song has he put out that Really can put him in a top 10 DOA list?
And when you say top 10, what are we talking about here? Are we talking about the "hottest" top 10? With the most relevant artist now? Then yeah he is, but that list ALWAYS changes.
and if your talking about top DOA in lyrics, I can certainly name for you 10 rappers better than him

He's not better than guys like (No particular order) Jay-Z, Nas, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Fabolous, Eminem, Ghostface Killah, Common, T.I., Young Jeezy.  Not to mention guys like Game, Lil Wayne, and Snoop Dogg. All rappers with great albums (Some better than others of course), relevant stature in the game, and still give you music.

He's an ok rapper at best. He's only had one album that I believe was decent at best. Let the kid's discography grown in a couple of years and MAYBE he would be in the discussion.

Drake it top 10 in a rap (and music) game that's as weak as its ever been.
him and 40 have great chemistry..but when that melodramatic style runs its course he is going to have to re-invent his sound.
let the man evolve and actually be IN the game for a significant period of time before we give him the title of top 5, 10, whatever.
because quite frankly he hasn't done anything yet.

He won't be Top 5, Top 10, or Top of anything that really matters.  Either dudes standards for rappers are real low or they simply don't know their hip hop history to even think of having this dude as Top 10 DOA. 

I can't remember a rapper who was dope "straight out the gates" the way Drake is/was

I guess for this it would have to depend on what your definition of dope is "straight out the gates".  As far as the most recent rappers that would qualify IMO that would be Lupe.  I wouldn't really consider Drake a "dope" rapper.

Originally Posted by LB81986

indifferent.gif

How original....

Care to elaborate?... An educated, more thought out response would be more appreciated sir....
smile.gif

my apologies. that was my initial reaction the reading your post though. You want to say top 10 right now, I'd acknowledge that. I'd disagree, but I understand people have their own preferences and Drake isn't a slouch as a rapper/musician, so its understandable. But to say top 10 DOA? that's disrespectful to a whole lot of people. he had an ok, but forgettable debut, 1 hot EP, and some quality features. nothing exceptional. i think he's just now starting to carve his own lane. he makes good music, but has yet to do anything groundbreaking.

I honestly envision Drake droppin out the rap game in 5 years tops. He aint bout dat life, and I think he'll wanna get more into acting.
Rapping is just a current gig for him. Time will tell I guess

You dudes are wild...How can you listen to the music he makes and not say that it is completely on a different level than the other music that is being put out.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I like the guy's music but there's no chance he'll ever be top 10 DOA

who's in your top 10? Nobody composing music like my man drizzy.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

nerd.gif

Discuss...

And when you say top 10, what are we talking about here? Are we talking about the "hottest" top 10? With the most relevant artist now? Then yeah he is, but that list ALWAYS changes.
and if your talking about top DOA in lyrics, I can certainly name for you 10 rappers better than him

He's not better than guys like (No particular order) Jay-Z, Nas, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Fabolous, Eminem, Ghostface Killah, Common, T.I., Young Jeezy.  Not to mention guys like Game, Lil Wayne, and Snoop Dogg. All rappers with great albums (Some better than others of course), relevant stature in the game, and still give you music.

He's an ok rapper at best. He's only had one album that I believe was decent at best. Let the kid's discography grown in a couple of years and MAYBE he would be in the discussion.

grin.gif
Seriously?...

I mean you MIGHT have an argument with Fab and Game depending on what type of rap you like....but Young Jeezy????

Jeezy makes good music, but theres no way you can put him in a top 10 list....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

nerd.gif

Discuss...

grin.gif
Seriously?...

I mean you MIGHT have an argument with Fab and Game depending on what type of rap you like....but Young Jeezy????

Jeezy makes good music, but theres no way you can put him in a top 10 list....
laugh.gif

People here are dismissing the creativity that this dude has.. come on Houstatlantavegas is a classic.  He also has very meaningful lyrics which alot of the artists dude named, do not.  Let's take fear, for example.  I just don't see how people can say these rappers that dude listed can make better songs...or rap better period.
laugh.gif
 Its actually comical.

edit:  like my man hov said, "do you fools listen to music, or do you just skim through it?"

Back
Top Bottom