10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by cartune

Damn that Nelly comparison is crazy
laugh.gif

Dude was on top of the game similar styles too
laugh.gif
Pretty much. The only reason way I think Drake has a much better shot long term is cause there's really nobody else
around him as competition, plus everybody in the mainstream is really making the same music. I think people are confusing
watered down music for "blending of genres" (not saying Drake makes watered down music). Got Chris Brown and Trey
Songz rapping and @^#)
laugh.gif

***EDIT: Do you not remember Nelly from 2000-2004? There's quite a bit of similarities as for as content and impact
of both time periods.  

Yeah cause Nelly was Making SFG type music huh
laugh.gif
 Just stop it yall refuse to acknowledge his talent and play him off as some fad. Room For Improvement > any album Nelly's ever done. And that's Drakes first Mixtape
laugh.gif

Nobody;s asking you who's your favorite tho

Im sticking with the Nelly comparison, its pretty legit on outside of the fact that Drake occasionally spits something that resonates with real life and females I guess.

Its really not a knock or an insult in my opinion. Both dudes make hits and they are/were good at it, with there own distinct sound blending rapping and singing. Dope artists for a time period...

Drake gets it poppin on the rappin end a lil more than Nelly but still neither did nutin with Rap skill that was flat out amazing or substantial.

If/when the wave moves own from Drake's sound like it did with Nelly....does Drake have what it takes to continue on? Only a select few have that kinda longevity. And Drake's subject matter is getting thin mad early

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by cartune

Damn that Nelly comparison is crazy
laugh.gif

Dude was on top of the game similar styles too

***EDIT: Do you not remember Nelly from 2000-2004? There's quite a bit of similarities as for as content and impact
of both time periods.  

Yeah cause Nelly was Making SFG type music huh
laugh.gif
 Just stop it yall refuse to acknowledge his talent and play him off as some fad. Room For Improvement > any album Nelly's ever done. And that's Drakes first Mixtape
laugh.gif

If by "Making SFG type music" you meant was Nelly singing more than rapping or using more alternative type beats than traditional rap beats? Then no, he wasn't making SFG type music. I think you're
doing a disservice to Nelly more than me slighting Drake (which I'm not doing at all). I'm saying their content, impact, and even their styles are quite similar. Drake has basically been making Nelly type
music w/o former drug dealer. Sure, Room For Improvement is definitely better than a lot of Nelly's stuff, but you're acting like we're comparing Reasonable Doubt to J-Kwon's Hood Hop
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Yall acting like Nelly didn't do his thing
Nelly did do his thing, and the comparison is pretty much what Ace Rawstein said. I think people are being masked by their love
for the artist instead of sitting back and really looking at the comparison. Everything Nelly touched during that time was money. Only
thing about his run from 2000-2004 (or maybe even 05) was that there were way more popular mainstream rap artists than right now.
Nelly was a big fish in an ocean, Drake is a big fish in a small pond.

Back
Top Bottom