10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Drake's more recent verses are better than every verse Jay spit on Watch The Throne)

"Disrespecting the game no home training or manners".........SMH.

The same guy that makes a record like "Marvin's room,"

Marvin's room is a song for SIMPS and make to encourage SIMPING.  No dude in their right mind should be giving that song two thumbs up or a vote of confidence in regards to hip hop.  Marvin's room and songs like that are things we don't need in hip hop right now cause we can do without.

QFT!!!!

Kids these days man........

The "cool" thing to do is hate on this dude (or on anyone ftm
laugh.gif
), but let's be serious, as someone stated, NO ONE is putting out the type of music he is.. top 5? No. Top 10? He has a shot. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

i think so.

he already has a classic in So far Gone.
Since when does ONE album make you top 10????????

As long as he is on Young Money, he will not even be the best artist on his label, and Wayne fell off years ago.

laugh.gif
at dudes acting like they NEVER could relate to "Marvins room"....

Be real with yourself fam....Seriously

I bet you could relate more to "Marvins room" than "N's in Paris"

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

laugh.gif

Applaud this man.

After scanning this, i think the word "classic" either needs to be redefined, or people need to look it up while listening to the albums that
are labelled classic.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

i think so.

As long as he is on Young Money, he will not even be the best artist on his label, and Wayne fell off years ago.

No he's saying drake is capable of doing so. Let's be real SFG is a classic, so drake has the ability to drop a classic album as well...

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Drake's more recent verses are better than every verse Jay spit on Watch The Throne)

"Disrespecting the game no home training or manners".........SMH.

The same guy that makes a record like "Marvin's room,"

Marvin's room is a song for SIMPS and make to encourage SIMPING.  No dude in their right mind should be giving that song two thumbs up or a vote of confidence in regards to hip hop.  Marvin's room and songs like that are things we don't need in hip hop right now cause we can do without.

There is a difference between "Simping" and being real. From what I've heard, drake was singing about an honest experience. Nothing wrong with that. I've felt the same way about a woman, i'm sure many others have as well, especially other artist, he just decided to put it on record. And by feeling the same way, I mean wanting a girl that's in a relationship with another guy in essence. 
And you can call that disrespecting the game, but uhhhh...doesn't change the fact that its true. I can back up that claim, i've heard all of that lackluster WTT. The production is far superior than the actual lyrics. Listen to Drake rap, then listen to hov and ye rap...

I should note that I think drake is the best artist & rapper out NOW, not of all time. Of course more albums and accolades would have to be given to him in order for this claim to have some weight. (Although TML is a near classic and SFG is a classic)

i think so.

laugh.gif

i only said drake will be top 10 in 10-15 years. by then, he may have 1-2 more classics albums. He's IMO, top 5 now.

now my question to you is did Drake smash your chick?! your hate for this cat is rediculous
30t6p3b.gif

..and SFG (a mixtape!!) >> most retail albums that dropped in '09

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

This is imo....

I was having this discussion the other day with someone. From my perspective, he's easily the best artist out (and the best artist hip-hop has seen since kanye first came out) and the 2nd best rapper out. (J. Cole being first, but even this is a stretch.) To not say this, is borderline hater-like to me. He raps great, he makes great r&b records (to the point where he could be considered the best r&b artist in the game, and he's a RAPPER) , he can transition from rapping to singing on a record better than any artist i've seen in a long time, I mean...he has it all.

His combination of Singing, (He's not the best singer, but his singing ability complements his song concepts, lyrics, and beats in this genre PERFECTLY) rapping, (Which imo is becoming underrated. Just from his last 5 verses alone. This is why if he isn't the best out, there can't be more than one or two rappers out better than him) singing & rapping, is why I put him in the top 3 or 2 rappers out now and the #1 best artist by far.

Consider this. Who's his competition. Kanye? (Maybe the most overrated rapper of ALL TIME, in regards to his status. He's decent, but nowhere near where people place himself to be) Jay-Z? (Drake's more recent verses are better than every verse Jay spit on Watch The Throne) Lil Wayne? (.....) Eminem (I could give you em, but me personally I find drake's raps more appealing and better to listen to) There is no guy coming close to him so that goes without saying. He's far and away better than everyone else.

The same guy that makes a record like "Marvin's room," can Make a record like "Headlines," then spit a guest verse like he did on "The Zone," Make a hook as good as "She Will," and make a hook and verse as he did on "I'm on one." Far and away, the most superior rapper & artist in hip-hop today.

not sure if realer words have been spoken.

laugh.gif

Can't compare apples and oranges songs. Two different types of songs.

i think so.

I can agree with that, but then that opens up the floodgates for people labelling their favorite artists who don't actually even have solo albums as GOATs.
Spoiler [+]
Love Below is not a classic anyway.

i think so.

laugh.gif

i only said drake will be top 10 in 10-15 years. by then, he may have 1-2 more classics albums. He's IMO, top 5 now.

now my question to you is did Drake smash your chick?! your hate for this cat is rediculous
30t6p3b.gif

..and SFG (a mixtape!!) >> most retail albums that dropped in '09

This statement makes me wonder what kind of music you REALLY listen to. You can not be over 25 saying this.

No hate, but the ONLY time I have a music debate about this guy is on NT. Honestly, I only hear females giving this guy the praise you, and some people are giving him.

How many grown men do you see riding around bumping Drake, honestly??? I will wait...........

I agree with everything except Drake spitting verses recently better than any Jay verse on WTT.

But that's entirely opinion-based.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif

Fam', Its almost like you read this one post and decided form a witty response....Read the entire thread

^^

im 27 and I bump his $%%# proudly. good music = good music especially when you can relate to it.

you're just like the other cats who questions why i or other people listen to his music: insecure.

laugh.gif

No champ you be real with yourself.  Being able to relate to and promoting is two different things.  Now if you and the rest of these simp lovers want to co-sign this way of thinking and constantly cry over any and every female that might have turned you down, not given you her number, never gave you any {}than that's on you.  See in society when you have an $!! backwards type of mentality you try to instill that on others.  It's like encouraging bad behavior so I can see why some of you dudes would take pride in that and look at the real dudes that don't cry over females as the ones with the problem but in all actuality the problem is staring at you in the mirror...........day in and day out. 

So for me and me only yes I can relate to "#@@$%# in paris" and not "Marvin's room" because I inspire to be at the "#@@$%# in paris" level with the things I do in life.  I don't desire to be at the "Marvin's room" level.  Not to mention, I've been in the room with a female when a dude is calling up late night and crying over the phone on that Ronnie Romance tip trying to win a woman back and trust me when I tell you it's not a good look on you dudes end.  You have no idea how funny it is to see a female literally laughing over the phone as quiet as possible while you clowns are pouring your hearts out to her, be it drunk or not.  It's not a good look fellas., it's embarrassing and quite sad.             

Please inform me of what was so great about Drake's recent verses to say they are better than anything Jay spit on WTT?

And yall obviously must not be including his verse on Game's album
laugh.gif

i don't see Drake being in the rap game for 10 plus years, but he will be remembered as on of the dudes that changed the whole rap/r&b game as we know it

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif

Fam', Its almost like you read this one post and decided form a witty response....Read the entire thread

Um, I don't relate to EITHER song. Doesn't mean they're not good songs (I like both) or that they're not relatable to people.Why are YOU telling ME what or what not to relate to?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Please inform me of what was so great about Drake's recent verses to say they are better than anything Jay spit on WTT?

And yall obviously must not be including his verse on Game's album
laugh.gif

That game verse isn't recent to me, that's like over a year old.
But in regards to what's so great about his recent verses? Perhaps you have listened to them, but if you haven't, (dreams money can buy wildfire remix, the zone remixx, i'm on one, trust issues, marvin's room) check them out, self explanatory imo.

I've said this before, and in my opinion relatability is very important in hip-hop and drake excels in this. Jay-Z? Not so much, especially on watch the throne. Felt so braggadocios and arrogant to me...

TML and So Far Gone are really good
Spoiler [+]
...R&B albums

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

i don't see Drake being in the rap game for 10 plus years, but he will be remembered as on of the dudes that changed the whole rap/r&b game as we know it

This actually is a terrific point

Has there ever been a rapper who sings this well (i use well loosely but lets just say rapper who raps and sings and gets away with both).  This may be his legacy.  Which in all honesty if he puts out Take Care and drops 1-2 albums with the weeknd and they are any where near HOB or Thursday he may be getting into my conversation for one of the best.  Not top 10 but he may venture into my top 20 if this happens.

Spoiler [+]
im a weeknd/frank ocean stan right now....can't get enough so this opinion is completely bias lol

Back
Top Bottom