10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I think I've figured it out. The more popular an artist is, the more nt hates on him. Which explains why cats are dubbing big krits cd album of the year.

tumblr_lm0eb0aYsV1qdlkgg.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Some of you fools stay stuck in the past...let it go...Drake is an amazing writer point blank you cant argue that...if you dont like him because of your own reasons fine keep it pushing but you cant deny the mans talent

Originally Posted by Qualmes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Some of you fools stay stuck in the past...let it go...Drake is an amazing writer point blank you cant argue that...if you dont like him because of your own reasons fine keep it pushing but you cant deny the mans talent
Still will never be top 10 tho.

exactly ^ and thats what this thread is about. As a rapper he's no where near top 10....

Drake is Drake though man...hes a different artist than a lot of rappers so whats the point of 'Top 10 DOA?'

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

indifferent.gif

Another reason I hate him. Its music most average people cant relate to. Sadly many broke dudes try to immitate. Most Drake heads Ive met are mad egotistical for no reason, or kids living on daddys dollar. Dudes rockin a car note on their hoopty, putting expensive clothes, shoes, drink, and what ever else they want on credit frontin like theyre "Doin it".

"More money more problems" only holds true for idiots.  

.....Oh and I bet dollars to doughnuts Drake definitely will be on one of the "Now" CDs if not "Kids Bop". I mean even Outkast has been on Kids Bop
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif

And the award for the most non factual claims made in this thread go to you sir, so now most Drake fan's are rich kids driving around in daddy's car huh?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Just randomly turned on the radio and listened to Marvin's Room for the first time...there were many pages back where "simp song" vs "honest song" came up, and
that should not have went on that long. This was an awfully mediocre song to have been discussesd like that. Drake can sing here and there, but this wasn't one
of those times. Not sure what you would even call that. Plus, the beat (while fitting the mood of the song) sounded like it was made on some 1995 Casio machine.
This thread should've been locked after 5 pages.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Silly rabbit...   Drake is for kids!!!

His music is pure POP.     Studio produced, millions of dollars invested.... POP!!!

Thats why you hear him on the radio all the time. He is a serious investment to many people, who secure their investment by making sure he appeals to the age group with the most disposable income (teens).

DRAKE = FAKE 

Dont be fooled... this guy is an actor, not a rapper.
Hes been on Canadian TV since he was a little kid... not very gangsta.

Please name some rappers/hip-hop artists for "adults."

Really??   There are too many to list. 

But off the top of my head Rich the Factor, B-legit, Rakim, Andre Nikitina, Tech n9ne, Smoov-E(hella corny, but def not for kids), Cypress Hill, The WU, Big L & many more.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They're for adults?  B-Legit fell off hard after 90s, Andre Nickatina is basically pop in the bay area, and Tech N9ne... Come on now
indifferent.gif
.  Aside from Rakim, Wu-Tang. and Big L, you're list isn't even respectable.  Step your game up, off the top of my head; Tupac, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, Jay Electronica, Nas, AZ, Gang Starr, Binary Star, Lone Catalysts, Specifics, ShinSight Trio, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Blu, B.I.G., Big Pun, etc.  I could name more, but you should get the point
eyes.gif

Please name some rappers/hip-hop artists for "adults."

But off the top of my head Rich the Factor, B-legit, Rakim, Andre Nikitina, Tech n9ne, Smoov-E(hella corny, but def not for kids), Cypress Hill, The WU, Big L & many more.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They're for adults?  B-Legit fell off hard after 90s, Andre Nickatina is basically pop in the bay area, and Tech N9ne... Come on now
indifferent.gif
.  Aside from Rakim, Wu-Tang. and Big L, you're list isn't even respectable.  Step your game up, off the top of my head; Tupac, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, Jay Electronica, Nas, AZ, Gang Starr, Binary Star, Lone Catalysts, Specifics, ShinSight Trio, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Blu, B.I.G., Big Pun, etc.  I could name more, but you should get the point
eyes.gif

Point, what point. All you did was add a bunch of names to my list.
laugh.gif
 (Some I disagree with, but w/e)

I clearly stated "too many to list" and "& many more". 

Sorry I didnt "step my game up" dude
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Tech, Niki, and Beela are kids stuff??? 

wink.gif
I see what your trying to do here...

...not

...gonna...

...work 

freal tho, that has to be "the most non factual claim made in this thread"  lolz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by DaHero1017

No. He hasn't even been in the game for that long. I always thought and still think Wayne ghost writes for him. Way to many other great artist to put him at top 10 DOA. Let me list some. Pac, UGK, Eazy E, Chamillionaire, and Z-Ro. Chamillionaire and Z-Ro are the most underrated rappers in the game. Kanye, Jigga, Nas and BIG are better also. And I don't like any of them*edit - I forgot Wayne. He is also better.

Actually, I'm 99.2% sure Drake Ghost writes for Lil' Wayne...

And Kanye West a better rapper than Drake?....Not really... I'd go as far Drake Lately>"Young Hova the God"...Lately

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I cant believe this thread is still alive, so let me make one last point.

This whole Top 10 DOA thing.....let's think about the reality of that situation. I live and breathe music. Like for real. It puts food on my table.

It's one of the things I've known and loved most in my life which is why I chose to make it my career.

When you're with the music long enough, you see certain things.

Obviously none of us know if Drake will be Top 10 DOA. I've made it clear I strongly doubt it. Here's why on another note.

People tend to prisoners of the moment in music. And you guys are taking MAINSTREAM greatness for musical greatness.

Is Britney a Top 10 DOA Pop star because she's all over the Radio now? Is Katy Perry? Christina? Or is it JUST Madonna?

Were the Jackson 5 Top 10 DOA R+B groups? Was Jodeci? Is it New Edition? Or Earth, Wind + Fire?

Was it New Kids? Was it Backstreet? Was it N'Sync? Or just The Beatles?

Think about how BIG all those artists were at their time. Back then people were saying all those groups were, like, the best EVAR!

Sadly, I think Drake will fall into that category. Great music for the moment. TIMELESS? Doubtful.

And think about how much anyone talks about them now. Very few of them remain LEGENDS, and/or GREATS.

I think Jay, Nas, Kanye, Em will be in that category. I think MC's like Rakim and Chuck D will be on that list forever.

As of now, none of his music is TIMELESS. Ultimately, it's all pretty disposable.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

Point, what point. All you did was add a bunch of names to my list.
laugh.gif
 (Some I disagree with, but w/e)

I clearly stated "too many to list" and "& many more". 

Sorry I didnt "step my game up" dude
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Tech, Niki, and Beela are kids stuff???

So instead of naming the artists on my list that you agree with, who are probably better suited here than most you listed, you're gonna cover them with "too many to list & many more?"  What kind of backwards logic is that?  Yeah, if Drake is pop then B-Legit, Andre Nickatina, and Tech N9ne are right there with him just not as mainstream.  I'm not saying they rap about the same subject matter, but they definitely cater to a younger crowd.

Originally Posted by illphillip

This whole Top 10 DOA thing.....let's think about the reality of that situation. I live and breathe music. Like for real. It puts food on my table.

It's one of the things I've known and loved most in my life which is why I chose to make it my career.

Obviously none of us know if Drake will be Top 10 DOA. I've made it clear I strongly doubt it. Here's why on another note.

People tend to prisoners of the moment in music. And you guys are taking MAINSTREAM greatness for musical greatness.

Is Britney a Top 10 DOA Pop star because she's all over the Radio now? Is Katy Perry? Christina? Or is it JUST Madonna?

Were the Jackson 5 Top 10 DOA R+B groups? Was Jodeci? Is it New Edition? Or Earth, Wind + Fire?

Think about how BIG all those artists were at their time. Back then people were saying all those groups were, like, the best EVAR!

Sadly, I think Drake will fall into that category. Great music for the moment. TIMELESS? Doubtful.

And think about how much anyone talks about them now. Very few of them remain LEGENDS, and/or GREATS.

I think Jay, Nas, Kanye, Em will be in that category. I think MC's like Rakim and Chuck D will be on that list forever.

As of now, none of his music is TIMELESS. Ultimately, it's all pretty disposable.

Pretty much all of that. Drake looks like he's gonna go down as a top 10 DOA because in the current mainstream rap climate, nobody is really out there. He's
taking full advantage of that too, so can't fault him for that.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by illphillip

Pretty much all of that. Drake looks like he's gonna go down as a top 10 DOA because in the current mainstream rap climate, nobody is really out there. He's
Em' aint been on the radio?...Lupe doesnt have singles in rotation?...Jay-Z and Kanye didnt just drop an album?.....oh... But let me guess....They're not "mainstream" ...right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Em' aint been on the radio?...Lupe doesnt have singles in rotation?...Jay-Z and Kanye didnt just drop an album?.....oh... But let me guess....They're not "mainstream" ...right?
laugh.gif

Well let me correct myself, nobody along the same lines as Drake who he is in direct competition with. Jay, Em, and Kanye are already set. They can literally drop anything (which they have) and
people will automatically buy it. As far as success, buzz, and popularity, would you really put Lupe on the same level as Drake? Drake is really competing against himself, Wayne, and Nicki Minaj. He's not
really even competing with Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Wale, nor J.Cole either. B.o.B? Not really sure. Basically, Drake appears to be a big fish in a small watered down pond.

laugh.gif
@ this dude actin like he aint never bopped his head to a Drake song...

We like this dude for many reasons....You dislike him for NO reason.... get that hate out of heart son...

Just remember, at one point Young Buck and Kanye West were both in Drakes position, and look at how different their careers turned out to be...

laugh.gif
@ this dude actin like he aint never bopped his head to a Drake song...

We like this dude for many reasons....You dislike him for NO reason.... get that hate out of heart son...

Bopping my head to versus ruining my reputation and littering the music forum with a ridiculous Drake Top 10 DOA thread is two different things champ, nice try though.

You think I ruined my reputation because of this thread?...
laugh.gif
I can care less about what anyone thinks of my opinion or my reputation in this Music forum, which is why my opinion hasn't changed since I started this thread 490+ posts ago. You label the man a simp based of a song that really doesn't have anything to do with simping... Yet I bet son has had/accepted more FREE vagina thrown at him this year than you (or any other person who's posted in this thread) had in a lifetime...I'm not one to count another mans bed-notches, Just stating facts...but thats a whole different thread that doesn't need to be started.

Drake is clearly the most polarizing artist out in the rap community it seems.

Its funny though because people debate his origins, credibility, and his content...and yet he is still winning.

Maybe its the game that needs to be changed and not the players.

What does Drake getting butt have to do w. anything? That fat $!#*, LV from Gangsta's Paradise probably had women throwing themselves at him as well...

Anyways, for the OP....who do you see Drake overtaking in that top-10? Lyrically is he better than guys like Rakim, Jay, Nas, Big, etc? He makes catchy songs...songs a few dudes can relate to on an "emotional" level. However, that does not make him to be one on the track to be one of the best in hip-hop history. The Britney comparison was on point....

Back
Top Bottom