*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

not to upset about the loss to be honest, a lot of these bounce passes in between and around the defenders legs being deflected leading to turnovers is easily correctable

i like the way kobe an mcroberts play off each other, sort of reminds me of kobe and pau when pau first arrived, now a days its like kobe and pau just make one move off another then leave each other alone to do work
ohwell.gif

my main concern would still be scoring besides kobe/pau/bynum, ebanks looked good with his opportunities, same with goudelock

sadly troy murphy looked like he forgot how to play basketball early on in the game
30t6p3b.gif

Never want to lose like that, but there were some positives especially the D. Get AB back and clean up the TO's and FT's and we should be good. Oh, and please play Barnes instead of World Suck.

What happened to Kobe's post up game???? Enough using him in iso situations. Let him post up and go to work.

Why didn't kobe just hold the ball and run the clock out ? Bulls would have had to foul right?

[h3]Jim Buss: Lakers Would Be 'Silly' To Give Up Gasol, Bynum For Howard[/h3]
Dec 25, 2011 10:43 AM EST

lal_40.gif

Jim Buss, who holds the title of Lakers VP of Player Personnel, addressed a report suggesting the Magic were willing to trade Dwight Howard for Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol.

"Where does this stuff come from?" Buss said. "You'd have to be kind of silly to give up two All-Stars like that for Howard. Zero truth to it. We have never been asked for Andrew and Pau and we've never offered them. I think they know we'd either say no or they would sound crazy for asking."

Buss denied being unwilling to part with Bynum.

"Let's just say this," he says. "You have to give up something to get something. And I'm willing to give up something to get something.

"We've done everything within the rules that we could to explore this situation until we were just spinning our wheels," he says. "The player is still in control of his own destiny; he can block a trade just by saying I'm not going to sign a new deal and stay where he is.

"I personally believe now that we have the team that we will be playing with all season long."

ViaLos Angeles Times

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1hbmTDVp7

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Why didn't kobe just hold the ball and run the clock out ? Bulls would have had to foul right?

If he completes the pass it's more time off the clock but I feel you. He should have just held the ball but maybe his wrist was hurting and he didn't want to take the free throws...
frown.gif

MWP needs to be amnestied or find his rhythm.
Barnes should have played today.
Ebanks has promise.
Murphy and McRoberts are nice.
McBob is showing potential to be that spark off the bench to get them going.
Blake is getting his flow back slowly but surely.
With Kobe's wrist his turnovers will be heavy, he also needs to relax a little with the dunking and rebounding and how he lands, alot of scary moments out there today.
Fisher played his old heart out today, effort was nice but thats our biggest weakness.
Jim Buss needs to get on the phones and get us a PG, Dwight is cool but thats our issue until Bynum is hurt.
Goudelock will be useful on nights like tomorrow and Wednesday when we play possible sub .500 teams with no defense.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

If he completes the pass it's more time off the clock but I feel you. He should have just held the ball but maybe his wrist was hurting and he didn't want to take the free throws...
frown.gif
I think he made the right play.  He was getting trapped which could have led to a jump ball or strip.  He could have also thought refs would not call a foul.  Kobe had too many TOs but Pau should have came to the ball.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I was ery surprised the the drive, I was awaiting the pull up.

But then again... we all do say "I wish Kobe would drive more.."
Exactly what I was thinking...he relied on the pull up as his legs got older. He's moving faster but still isnt skying like he used to where he could drive up and over bigger front court players (like young Kobe going over Duncan & Robinson). 
Sucks to lose on Christmas (again), give up a lead & lose a game they had won and having Kobe's layup rejected/swatted/denied. 
The Bulls are a team that tries to block every shot as well. A simple pump fake=free throws at the end of his drive.

I liked what McRoberts and Murphy contributed. Might have lost Lamar's playmaking ability but it looks like they can make up for the rebounding.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Pmatic, 8 turnovers is terrible, but it happens some times.

With his wrist injury he's going to probably average 5 per game. Something we just have to accept. If you motive when he trys to cross over he doesn't have much motion with his right wrist.

If anyone's watching ABC still in LA, I agree with Lisa Leslie, Pau has to have a 20 and 10 night on a game like this. Especially about Drew.

From the way everyone's been talking about our team, this game should of been a blow out in the Bulls favor.

If Lakers can play like this consistently we are going to be dangerous. Most of these turn overs, free throw misses etc. will noticeable decrease within 10 or so games.
laugh.gif
 Just stop!!!

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Free throws.
Did you forget when Boozer missed 3 of 4 near the end? And in between that, the Bulls missed three or four layups, plus a jumper. It wasn't just the Lakers missing free throws, both teams did. Game wasn't decided on the free throw line.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Pmatic, 8 turnovers is terrible, but it happens some times.

With his wrist injury he's going to probably average 5 per game. Something we just have to accept. If you motive when he trys to cross over he doesn't have much motion with his right wrist.

If anyone's watching ABC still in LA, I agree with Lisa Leslie, Pau has to have a 20 and 10 night on a game like this. Especially about Drew.

From the way everyone's been talking about our team, this game should of been a blow out in the Bulls favor.

If Lakers can play like this consistently we are going to be dangerous. Most of these turn overs, free throw misses etc. will noticeable decrease within 10 or so games.
laugh.gif
 Just stop!!!

Nahhhhh

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Free throws.
Did you forget when Boozer missed 3 of 4 near the end? And in between that, the Bulls missed three or four layups, plus a jumper. It wasn't just the Lakers missing free throws, both teams did. Game wasn't decided on the free throw line.
This! Stay with excuses 
laugh.gif

Kobe look old as hell out there today. Son play like Wizard MJ

Not sure if all the injuries really bothered him (you know how Kobe always say he's fine but he's really not.

Either that or this dude has officially lost a step.

On the positive side. These kind of loss will make the team more angrier and more focus on the next game

This was not about Kobe being old but about him being stupid. He has played like this before even when he was younger. 

Originally Posted by wcghost

shoulda pulled up ftw.... kobe lost a step.

This. He wasn't going to get the call anyways. Don't know what he was thinking.

Deng traveled his $!! off though. How does a ref miss a call like that? 2 feet back on the ground?
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

Oh well fellas, plenty of good to take out of this game.

Our defense looked good. McRoberts and Murphy, Blake, E-Banks all played well.

Kobe looked great out there, 28 points and he wasn't really forcing anything except that last shot.

Two games in the next two nights, easy redemption if they want it.

this dude must be the most optimistic dude ever lolol
yeah say whatever makes you feel better..you need that

Back
Top Bottom