*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Eff a 'significantly weaker frontcourt'; if you ask me 4 times "Would you get rid of Bynum and Gasol to acquire D-Will and D12?", I would answer "YESSSS!" 104 times.

You talk about the future being set.
laugh.gif
We woild basically watch as the face of our franchise for the past decade wound down for the next few years, and the team would be built around our next power tandem.

Yes please.
laugh.gif
Your right, one would have to be pretty stupid to let a weaker front court get in the way of that trade. We can dream, but we all know the Lakers arent getting BOTH of those guys. D-Will, Dwight, and Kobe on the same team? 
eek.gif
sick.gif

Kobe dominating out there probably encourages Dwight to want to come to LA.

D-Will is looking terrible in NJ. Either he's not as good as we all thought, or he hates New Jersey. I'm thinking it's the latter and that's not a good thing for the Nets or Dwight which makes the Lakers chances even better.

You will see or I will see... But one of us will see.

The longer both of those sagas go on the more the trend goes more and more to the Lakers. That is undeniable

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Yeah i doubt that Dwight or Deron will come to LA this season. That's just too good to be true. It would make LA become instant #1 championship contender overnight.

My guess is Dwight will stay in Orlando for the entire season and then he'll get trade after the season

you clearly have no idea what's going on.  there's no trade after the season.  soon as the season ends, dude is a free agent.  which means he walks. for free. orlando gets nothing.  no way they're going to allow that.

Are some people forgetting that both Bynum and Howard are free agents? If you trade, you trade now, not in the off-season 
laugh.gif

Deron Williams will be a FA too 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Still want a better PG over a C at this point.
Same here seems like every team in the league has a frickin' awesome PG except us
laugh.gif

Since NVE ....We've gone through 

Harper

Fisher

Lue

Celestand

Penberthy

Tierre "Terrible" Brown

Crapkins

Smush

Crittenton

Farmar 

Fish again

Blake

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

ACBboyz84 wrote:
Yeah i doubt that Dwight or Deron will come to LA this season. That's just too good to be true. It would make LA become instant #1 championship contender overnight.

My guess is Dwight will stay in Orlando for the entire season and then he'll get trade after the season

you clearly have no idea what's going on.  there's no trade after the season.  soon as the season ends, dude is a free agent.  which means he walks. for free. orlando gets nothing.  no way they're going to allow that.

Not entirely true...

He can choose to NOT opt out and take his salary for the 2012-13 season and at the end of that season, he would be unrestricted free agent. 

Also a nice little note for all of the folks who are not sold on Mike Brown...we are rank #1 in Team Defensive Statistics in the NBA.

Now all we have to do is work on the O....

*Clippers #30 in the same stats...
laugh.gif
 Lob city....How about NO D city!

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Same here seems like every team in the league has a frickin' awesome PG except us
laugh.gif

Harper

Fisher

Lue

Celestand

Penberthy

Tierre "Terrible" Brown

Crapkins

Smush

Crittenton

Farmar 

Fish again

Blake

sick.gif

say all you want, but d-fish was not a bum in his lakers career.. he just got old and lost his speed.. in his first few years, he was a good solid pg, that sent nick vanexel to the bench

Fisher hasn't been a bum, but he's been a back up PG more years than he's started while he's been in the league. That says something right there.

Kookcle:
zk1MPLS:
laugh.gif

Harper

Fisher

Lue

Celestand

Penberthy

Tierre "Terrible" Brown

Crapkins

Smush

Crittenton

Farmar 

Fish again

Blake

Cotdamn.
laugh.gif

I was going to try to put them in order of best to worst, but my phone wouldn't let me put any of those names at #1.

Also a nice little note for all of the folks who are not sold on Mike Brown...we are rank #1 in Team Defensive Statistics in the NBA.

Perfect. This made my day.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

laugh.gif

Harper

Fisher

Lue

Celestand

Penberthy

Tierre "Terrible" Brown

Crapkins

Smush

Crittenton

Farmar 

Fish again

Blake

sick.gif

say all you want, but d-fish was not a bum in his lakers career.. he just got old and lost his speed.. in his first few years, he was a good solid pg, that sent nick vanexel to the bench

it was because Del Harris hated Nick.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Harper

Fisher

Lue

Celestand

Penberthy

Tierre "Terrible" Brown

Crapkins

Smush

Crittenton

Farmar