*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Lakers should run the offense through Bynum or he should now be the 1st option is nonsense
laugh.gif

Great first half where he went 7 for 7 from the field and was dominating down low.

2nd half dude gets double teamed and goes 2 for 9.

Point is that all you NT'ers who monitor and cry & moan about Kobe's shot selection.

Is that you can't just setup shop and dump the ball down low to Bynum the whole damn game and expect to win.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Defense is decent, Mr. Potato Head needs to run some more offensive drills in practice though, specifically 3-point shooting.
Can't make threes if you aren't taking them (talking to you Kapono and Murphy
mad.gif
).

Lakers get: Derron Williams, Kris Humphries
Nets get: Pau Gasol, Goudelock, Metta World Peace + 2014 1st Round Pick

Lakers get: D12, Ryan Anderson, Hedo Turkoglu
Magic get: Andrew Bynum, Kris Humphries, Troy Murphy, Trade Exception, 2012 1st Round Pick, 2016 1st Round Pick

**%! YOU PAU GASOL

Originally Posted by Essential1

Magic get: Andrew Bynum, Kris Humphries, Troy Murphy, Trade Exception, 2012 1st Round Pick, 2016 1st Round Pick
laugh.gif
Knew Essentials was going to provide the trade break downs when I saw people posting Pau for D. Will. It was only a matter of time.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif
Knew Essentials was going to provide the trade break downs when I saw people posting Pau for D. Will. It was only a matter of time.
You are welcome SIR... I also started the Pau for DWill trend . At least during this game
roll.gif

Defense is decent, Mr. Potato Head needs to run some more offensive drills in practice though, specifically 3-point shooting.

Now that I'm looking at the box score, it doesn't match up at all with how the game seemed to go
laugh.gif
. Again, Jamal Crawford was just draining jumpers the whole second half it seemed, and he was 6-15? Felton was 3-14, Batum 0-5? I swear it seemed like their whole team was lighting it up; guess it was just Aldridge and Wallace. Watching it real time though a lot of the shots those two were hitting were just good shots. Lamarcus has a real nice game and Wallace always lights us up. 

We're gonna need more of an even effort from Ron in order to win consistently IMO. He can't be settling for dumb shots on the perimeter early in the shot clock when he has so few scoring opportunities to begin with and he and Bynum are the only scoring options on the floor. Blake had an off night shooting wise but he got some good looks that just didn't fall; it happens. 

Regroup and come back tomorrow and put the W's in their place. 

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Now that I'm looking at the box score, it doesn't match up at all with how the game seemed to go
laugh.gif
. Again, Jamal Crawford was just draining jumpers the whole second half it seemed, and he was 6-15? Felton was 3-14, Batum 0-5? I swear it seemed like their whole team was lighting it up; guess it was just Aldridge and Wallace. Watching it real time though a lot of the shots those two were hitting were just good shots. Lamarcus has a real nice game and Wallace always lights us up. 

We're gonna need more of an even effort from Ron in order to win consistently IMO. He can't be settling for dumb shots on the perimeter early in the shot clock when he has so few scoring opportunities to begin with and he and Bynum are the only scoring options on the floor. Blake had an off night shooting wise but he got some good looks that just didn't fall; it happens. 

The return of Bynum forces MWP from the post to the perimeter. No more bully ball from him, which means off balance jump shots and erratic drives to the basket.

Bynum looks good out there. Kill the d12 talk ya have a solid big man already. All ya need is some decent shooters on this squad

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Bynum looks good out there. Kill the d12 talk ya have a solid big man already. All ya need is some decent shooters on this squad

I'd rather not feel like an overbearing mother when her child goes out to the club at night time...  That is how we all felt when he came up limping in the Second...

As I've said and everyone else has said... We don't want to trade him... BUT we need to trade him

Looking at the box score our "BIG 3" did pretty well.
Pau 19 and 7, Bynum 21 and 12 and Kobe 30 and 8. Our D wasn't on point.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Looking at the box score our "BIG 3" did pretty well.
Pau 19 and 7, Bynum 21 and 12 and Kobe 30 and 8. Our D wasn't on point.
Box scores for 1 of them... The Spanish Llama are misleading..

Quietest 19 & 7..  He had a negative impact on the game

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif

The return of Bynum forces MWP from the post to the perimeter. No more bully ball from him, which means off balance jump shots and erratic drives to the basket.
sick.gif
Son killed us tonight.

Bynum 2 for 9 in the second half. MWp 0 for 5, Steve Blake 2 for 9 smh.

Kobe played well again. Pau also played well. Just a tough loss once again in Portland.

*$%% this talk about Pau playing well..

He was horrendous..

He can't stop anyone from coming into the lane. Once in the lane can't stop them.. Can't defend the pick & roll.. Can't get rebounds in crowded paint. If he gets offensive board can't put it back.

He was overmatched on defense and offense all game... Our PF is weaker than Derek Fisher.. And that makes me cry tears of blood..

^ True, I should of said Pau was efficient offensively. lol

Bynum was 2 for 9 in the second half. Not sure how some people are saying he played well in the end.

Like someone mentioned earlier, he can't pass worth a damn so it's hard to work the ball into him first because he can't pass.

His defense is obviously a lot better than Pau's though.

Pau is soft, but he could of sucked on defense and offense. At least he did something offensively tonight.

Our bench was non existent.

Most disturbing thing from Pau so far this season (albeit it's only been 8 games) is he can't or won't create space when posting anymore. He just turns around and thinks he can shoot over his opponent, which hasn't been the case.

If I was Jim Buss... On Monday I trade Pau... I'm not kidding.. If he scores 25 tomorrow & Sunday.. I don't give a +!%* I trade him..

With Pau & Lopez Nets have the trade the Magic want... BUT no way D12 resigns to a team where the 2nd best player is Mehmet Okur... So we take out 1 team that was in the Hunt for D12 because Nets won't take him if he won't resign.. We get Humphries because as a bench player (which he would become in a month with Lopez return) Humphries is terrible.. For some reason he just cannot play off the bench effectively..

Basically we then have the pieces that will give you 32 points 22-24 boards a game between Humphries and Bynum (which is about what we thought Bynum & Gasol would give before the season). We take Hedo off of Magic who desperately want to unload his contract.. Hedo would replace Metta who would be going to the Nets (downgrade on Defense but a far better scorer).. And since we give Bynum & Humphries plus 2 1st rounders and taking a huge salary burden we should get Ryan Anderson as well.. Who can score as well as Pau.. Shoot anywhere and still get as many offensive boards as Pau.. And anyone who is not Pau is an upgrade defensively..

I need to be a GM..

Back
Top Bottom