11/12 Topics MERGED!!!

Hey JB listen Up!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by younggunna28

Alright guys I wanted to reserve judgement until I actually seen the shoes in person. I have never been one to complain about stuff I didnt like, I just wouldnt buy it, but this time I have to say something. I havent bought one package all year for one reason or another. I kept tellin myself this was the only pack I was gonna drop money on. I never got a chance to own black and red xi's and my og xii's are pretty trashed so naturally I was excited about these. The store I work for recieved their shipment today and I couldnt be any more disappointed. The quality on both of these things is horrible. I let it slide and kept my mouth shut on all the other trash that JB put out this year but this one really bothers me. They knew this would be the best selling/most wanted cdp and yet they still couldnt even spend the few extra dollars to give us quality. My girl was actually gonna buy me my pair and I was gonna buy hers but i told her to save her money.I can give you a few examples of why I'm so bummed.

1. Sole is damn near pink. The color was way off it was super light.
2. Jordan logo stitched on the side looks like fakes.
3. Carbon fiber looks horrendus (glue spots all over) and somethin just didnt look right.
4. Lastly shoe was just shaped oddly. Kinda like the way newer iv's are compared to og's and 99 retros.

And as far as the xii's go the shape was just way off. Even my girl said they looked cheap and she really doesnt know how the og's looked. I know ill probably catch some heat for making this post and a lot of you guys will say "more for me" but honestly I'm at the point where I don't care anymore. I didnt complain one time all year and I feel I deserve just this one. Best of luck to all of you who will go through the madness of getting a pair and I honestly hope you guys will be happy with them so atleast someone can enjoy them. And to all who ordered online I also hope you like what you see when you open those boxes. For all those who have never gotten a chance to own a pair of xi's I understand why you would still want them regardless of a "few minor flaws" but to those of us who have been around long enough,its a shame is all I can say. I hope 09 will be different for JB, or I think I'll have to find a new hobby. Lets stop all this hype and just buy what we like. By the way dont let my post count fool you, I been here for years I just do more reading than writing.

On a side note its kind of ironic...I found Niketalk in 2000 after searching for "Jordan 11 black red" on yahoo. Almost 9 years later I have to type all this nonsense just to vent a little over the same exact shoes.
I respect this guys vent...and is exactly why im passing on them...
happy.gif

^^^^
thoughts like this and ugly looks to the latest version are why I'm done with JB after this...

Anyone paying over retail for this pack is straight stupid. Especially with the after market on sneakers falling like the stock market. You can get some gooddeals on OG Taxis and 2001 XI Black/Reds, you just have to step up the negotiating skills.

I will probably get this pack, for below retail (
happy.gif
). I will also try toflip the XI's in this pack that everyone is seeking. If I end up with $250-$275 for them, I will use that money to buy another pair of 2001 Black/RedRetro's.

I would also have no problem flippin' this pack to someone that is willing to pay $450+. I have no sympathy for suckers.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Anyone paying over retail for this pack is straight stupid. Especially with the after market on sneakers falling like the stock market. You can get some good deals on OG Taxis and 2001 XI Black/Reds, you just have to step up the negotiating skills.

I will probably get this pack, for below retail (
happy.gif
). I will also try to flip the XI's in this pack that everyone is seeking. If I end up with $250-$275 for them, I will use that money to buy another pair of 2001 Black/Red Retro's.

I would also have no problem flippin' this pack to someone that is willing to pay $450+. I have no sympathy for suckers.

its not always that simple...but I dig what you are saying...

Stopped by my Finish Line to talk to my connect and he had his XI/XII's in. Brought em out to show me and hey they aint perfect but did we really expectanything different. Regardless of quality and hype its still the best pack we have seen all year. Unfortunately my store only got one of each size and theemployees get their pick first. My 11.5 is locked down but I guess I am only getting one pack instead of 2. Oh well, with 2 pairs of 01 bred XI's I dontreally need anymore. Especially ones with pink soles.
roll.gif
jus kiddin. Iam pretty much coppin for the XII since my OG black and whites are destroyed from playground hoopin.

but to those of us who have been around long enough,its a shame is all I can say.
I feel what you are saying...

I don't know if its my age or just where my head is now...

But at the end of the day its just shoes. I own OG's, 2001 Retro's and now these. It doesn't bother me as much any more. If this happened last yearI probably would have vented the same way. But JB has been doing this to us for the past 3 years, YET WE STILL BUY THE CRAP. I am guilty of it just like thenext man. I don't even think 09 will be better. If you can put out horrible quality but still sell why change?

You are right about one thing. It is a shame. But I know these will still be on my feet...
tired.gif

The cdp XIs are a bit lighter red, I was told the OGs were this shade rather than the 2001 retros which I have.

The cdp XIs seem a bit smaller and stiffer on the back but when I bought my 2001 retros they were already worn so I could be wrong on that.

I'd love to take comparison pics but they're in the car and its 6 am, lol.

I was pretty stunned when i saw these in person. Usually J's look better in person, but not these XI's. the sole have this sort of Salmon color tothem. the leather isnt buttery smooth and soft like my 2001's. the Jumpman on both shoes looks kinda funny. The shape of the shoe is kinda weird too. Imnot a happy camper.

so i ended up not buying it. I told my spot to give it to the next man. He looked at me like i was insane. I honestly just wasnt really excited about thispack. i already have the XI's, the XII's really arent very attractive to me. and when i saw the quality, i was shocked.

so i passed. Money in my pocket i guess.

Glad you buy what you like, and not the hype. I can live with these minor flaws, because I was never able to get these when I was younger. Copping these is amust for me.

I'm actually wearing my 2001 Bred XI's as we speak...and I was seriously contemplating loading up on a couple of packs but with all of the recentquality turmoil regarding JB products I'm not sure if I will try and cop any.
smh.gif

I honestly wanted this pack for the XII's but maybe in hindsight if my mind doesn't change I should start searching for OG Taxi's instead becausethe XII's are the only Jordan I do not have in my possession. Needless to say, I am very upset as most people are about the lack of commitment on JB'spart to maintain the integrity of the shoes that contributed to the legacy of this brand. Who knows...maybe I'll just cop one pack and call it a day.

I'm not gonna shell out extra cash for inferior quality anymore.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by AC IS ART

Glad you buy what you like, and not the hype. I can live with these minor flaws, because I was never able to get these when I was younger. Copping these is a must for me.

Same for me! I never got to get either of them.....So I'm pretty happy right now! Lil salty bout what everyone is saying bout the quality tho.....ipersonally thought they looked fine...

Originally Posted by d3772000

Originally Posted by AC IS ART

Glad you buy what you like, and not the hype. I can live with these minor flaws, because I was never able to get these when I was younger. Copping these is a must for me.

Same for me! I never got to get either of them.....So I'm pretty happy right now! Lil salty bout what everyone is saying bout the quality tho.....i personally thought they looked fine...
Same here. I guess I'm not a expert on quality because I can never really notice anything wrong. Maybe I'm blind or maybe its because Ididn't have Js when I was younger to compare these new ones to.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Philly will have these everywhere!!!!!!
Ubiq, Sneakervilla, Footlocker, Finishline, City Blue, Samsun. Mind you all those places but UBIQ have multiple stores.

Saw the pack Yesterday The 11's dosent look that good but the 12's are Hot!!!!!!
I think the 12 got better quality than the 11

Philly will have these everywhere!!!!!!
Ubiq, Sneakervilla, Footlocker, Finishline, City Blue, Samsun. Mind you all those places but UBIQ have multiple stores.

so plenty to go around in philly thats good to hear

1. Sole is damn near pink. The color was way off it was super light.
2. Jordan logo stitched on the side looks like fakes.
3. Carbon fiber looks horrendus (glue spots all over) and somethin just didnt look right.
4. Lastly shoe was just shaped oddly. Kinda like the way newer iv's are compared to og's and 99 retros.
Ah, I knew it. Good looks on the info...

Well, i didn't have Jordan 11's when i was a kid... So better to have One than None at all!

Well JB honestly is not concern and is not thinking for what we would feel of their products, 'coz they know, even if they release trash/crap shoes... Thebottom line is there would be people that would still buy their products and JB will still have SALES.

For me coppin' the 11/12 pack...

Well...

I'll feel Good and be totally Happy for what i have Bought/Owned and be Excited to see the pack when it comes to my doorsteps! It's just giving gift toyourself and making sure that you bought is what YOU REALLY WANT, THIS WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY and YOU WILL BE TOTALLY SATISFIED regardless of what people wouldsay...

Eventhough, from what I've read in this thread that the 11/12 pack is not good in terms of quality!

Goodluck to all WHO will cop the 11/12 pack...

PEACE to you all...

I'm not an expert nor a preacher.... Just giving my opinion!

theres all these complaints going around the 11/12 packs that were copped by now would you just return them and shut up geeez!
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom