12/2014 Air Jordan 11 Retro - White/Black-Legend Blue - 378037-117 NO GM TALK ALLOWED!

^i repped u bro trust me I feel u. But at this point I don't care anymore they're never gonna do things the way they're supposed to so we gotta take anything we can get that's close enough to acceptable.
No, actually you don't have to accept things that are sub-par. Hate the current quality? Hate all these price increases? Quit buying everything JB releases then! Nothing will change unless our wallets, not our mouths/keyboards, do the talking.

I've cut way back this year, Carmines are the first release I've bought this year, and honestly, I'm disappointed in the quality of them. Hypocritical? Maybe a little bit, but it's a CW I've always wanted, so I'm willing to overlook the quality. Shoes I may have bought if the quality was there and the price was lower, however, I'll be passing on this year. Black/Infrared 6s and these XI's and that should be it for me from JB this year, Which is a Shame cuz there's several other releases I'd normally buy, but I just can't justify it.

I hear what you're saying, and I agree that right now we're stuck with whatever is close enough, but Maybe by being a little more picky, and not buying every release, but rather only ones that we truly love, change can still happen.

Last edited:
I havent bought any Js this year so far. That $170 made me tap out. Will still get 2 or 3 by the end of the year. Only for sure cop right now is the 5lab4s (yes I know I am getting the $225 sho and not the 170)

Last edited:
^^ So be it...That don't hurt my feelings at all. I'm tellin the truth. You keep buyin that garbage if you want to. Won't catch me on release day!!
All I have to say is more for me
happy.gif

Respect your opinion though

Never had the OGs or the 01s, so can someone give me a detailed explanation on what's wrong with the pair posted above (besides the shape)?

Never had the OGs or the 01s, so can someone give me a detailed explanation on what's wrong with the pair posted above (besides the shape)?
I had the 2001 retros and these new ones look fine. So the shape is a lil' off but all these kids complaining about things not being identical to the past releases will be the same ones buying it come Xmas. It happens every release. 

Besides the lesser quality of the material used, the soles aren't as blue as the OGs. The OGs had a very nice blue outsole that lasted blue much longer than all of today's retros. The 01 release was only clear. The patent leather cut on the new retro 11s are much shorter than the first retros and the OGs as well.

Man...Here's my rant: JB is straight playin us like fools. If you're old enough to have owned or remember the actual Columbia XI's...You know that these, in any capacity are imposters. "Legend" blue. COME OOOONNNNNNNNN Jordan Brand!!! Give us COLUMBIA XI's!!!!! And while you're at it, produce them with the patent leather cut at the right height. Turn the Jumpman around on the left shoe. Put spacing between the 2 and the 3. Make J's, Not "Jays".

Since you (JB) are all about the new-age sneaker enthusiast and do nothing for the loyalist that actually watched Michael Jordan on the court...your products are no longer "Quality Products Inspired By The Greatest Player Ever". Your products are trash. Plastic replicas that look like complete garbage once they've received some wear. Every time I see a retro that's post-2008, I cringe. And to be honest...2008 is where that disgust began, #CountdownPack. The VI's, VII's, XIII's, and XVI's are the only ones out of the sets that are of decent quality.

I swear, I see Jordans these days and I'm not envious one bit. Not excited. Not intreagued And I certainly don't desire to wear them. Matter of fact, I can't sell my collection and take their spots with runners quickly enough!!!

Yeah, you sell them out weekend after weekend. But realize this....Your current popularity will NOT last. In true "sell out" fashion, your product has no soul...it shows and it's hideous. Down right disgraceful.

Done.
mean.gif
I don't complain about every little change from retro to retro but I will agree that the way they change the directions of the jumpman particularly on 9s and 11s is very tacky. It takes away a lot from the shoe but ultimately I still cop. If they do it to the 7s it's game over. I don't see why they did it to some but they still leave the 7s alone. On the 7s it would be enough for me to instantly pass

Maybe Its my eyes or the 3m but i just dont see it

Last edited:
No, actually you don't have to accept things that are sub-par. Hate the current quality? Hate all these price increases? Quit buying everything JB releases then! Nothing will change unless our wallets, not our mouths/keyboards, do the talking.

I've cut way back this year, Carmines are the first release I've bought this year, and honestly, I'm disappointed in the quality of them. Hypocritical? Maybe a little bit, but it's a CW I've always wanted, so I'm willing to overlook the quality. Shoes I may have bought if the quality was there and the price was lower, however, I'll be passing on this year. Black/Infrared 6s and these XI's and that should be it for me from JB this year, Which is a Shame cuz there's several other releases I'd normally buy, but I just can't justify it.

I hear what you're saying, and I agree that right now we're stuck with whatever is close enough, but Maybe by being a little more picky, and not buying every release, but rather only ones that we truly love, change can still happen.

Trust me were on the same page bro I spend all my money on older releases on eBay lately if at all. I'm a stickler for detail and have had most of the ogs so to see the decline in quality is one thing but deliberately making changes to shape, color placement, etc is unacceptable.

Trust me were on the same page bro I spend all my money on older releases on eBay lately if at all. I'm a stickler for detail and have had most of the ogs so to see the decline in quality is one thing but deliberately making changes to shape, color placement, etc is unacceptable.
:smokin

It's definitely frustrating, older releases is the way to go. On the bright side, now that I'm only buying must haves, I'm saving a Fair bit of money :lol:.

^^ So be it...That don't hurt my feelings at all. I'm tellin the truth. You keep buyin that garbage if you want to. Won't catch me on release day!!

Enjoy your runners. I just hope none of them are retroes. :wink:

Why are you even coming
Like person a few posts above said...if you owned the OGs,these look trash and these are my favorite J ever but im pretty disappointed in these. The messed up part is I will get regardless because Its the closest thing but the quality of all Js are just declining as years go on but yet price goes up.

:lol:

Jordan has been using less than stellar materials on their retros for years now, it's nothing new. From a business stand point, why spend more money for better materials and reduce profit if you can use cheaper materials and they still sell out on release day? I didn't say it was the right thing to do, but it's business. And for all those saying they aren't going to cop because of the materials, will be same ones that will change their mind in November or December as the release date nears. For the few that won't change their mind, someone else will gladly cop the shoe in your place.

^Pretty Much. The not buying thing doesn't work because for every person that doesn't buy, there's 100 hypebeasts/resellers willing to take your place :smh:

most people would prefer these to be as true to the original as possible, but in my opinion this would but such a nicer shoe if the whole upper was mesh. since anniversary 11s are hard to come by. 

2001 upper + 2014 deep blue sole = 0 complaints
I have serious reservations about that upper. I already know it's not going to be the same. How much different? I'm not sure. The leather was nice and appreciated. The entire upper (sans the tongue) was leather. I know people already might complain about how stiff the leather on the upper is, but then again, those that never had previous versions have no point of reference. The mesh on the newer models vs. the '01 and earlier is def not the same. Reserving judgement on these.

most people would prefer these to be as true to the original as possible, but in my opinion this would but such a nicer shoe if the whole upper was mesh. since anniversary 11s are hard to come by. 
how did I miss this post? That's crazy talk. The beauty in all of the original XI's is that they are all distinct despite them looking the same. I appreciate the difference in material from the concord ,SJ, and blk/red  to the CG and colombias. Trust me, you do NOT want the upper all mesh. That's part of the reason I didn't like them fraud anniversary XI's.

Back
Top Bottom