12/2014 Air Jordan 11 Retro - White/Black-Legend Blue - 378037-117 NO GM TALK ALLOWED!

thanks folks .. i found them on ebay and messaged the dude to see if he had a BIN and he said he was taking offers .. offered him 375 and he took it .. crazy part is when he ended the auction it was already at 360 or so with a couple days left ..

im almost scared to wear them .. they shouldnt separate or anything right? also .. should i take the tissue out or add any silica packs?

That reminds me of when a guy bought a pair of ds Columbias for 300 while we were waiting for the yeezy foams DS by the way

It really sucks seeing post about quality time after time. I think consciously the older we get the more we respect our money. I for one haven't purchased a retro of any sort since the grapes last may. The major factor for me is another $10 price increase and secondly materials. I'm cone to realize I can get much better product at a cheaper or equal rate going to other brands and/or staying with Nike. Obviously we purchase for the nostalgia but the bubble will pop soon enough. Mark my words JB WILL SEE THE GREAT MARKET COMPETING WITH THEYRE BUSINESS, OFFERING THE SAME PRODUCT AT A CHEAPER PRICE. I'm not saying they're there now but its close already.

thanks folks .. i found them on ebay and messaged the dude to see if he had a BIN and he said he was taking offers .. offered him 375 and he took it .. crazy part is when he ended the auction it was already at 360 or so with a couple days left ..

im almost scared to wear them .. they shouldnt separate or anything right? also .. should i take the tissue out or add any silica packs?
IMO they are unwearable.
1. It's already a 13 year old shoe
2. The fact that it's DS will hurt the option of wearing them because it increases the chances of crumbling after all the years DS
If they had some wear on them then maybe you can get away with some wears

IMO they are unwearable.
1. It's already a 13 year old shoe
2. The fact that it's DS will hurt the option of wearing them because it increases the chances of crumbling after all the years DS
If they had some wear on them then maybe you can get away with some wears

XIs don't crumble. They are wearable.
Worse case is he will have to reglue the soles or any midsole separation.

I don't think I've ever seen a pair of crumbled XIs. Age only seems to bring sole separation, which is an easy fix. He'll be fine.

EDIT: NinjaJ505 :pimp:

Last edited:
XIs don't crumble. They are wearable.
Worse case is he will have to reglue the soles or any midsole separation.
didn't really mean crumble just an exaggeration. Your correct about the midsoles separating . That's what I really meant. But I really don't think they are wearable fam. I've seen older models just fall apart.

Your columbias are wearable, mine have some midsole seperation on both shoes and I can wear them out walking in them for hours with no problem.

anyway possible to message him again and ask his preservation techniques? 

Yeah silica packs dry out the material in them if you put a lot in there so I wouldn't do that. If you are worried about them out them in the plastic container with some holes in for the materials to breath and you should be fine

Silca packs DO dry up overtime, but they actually prevent yellowing (for an certain period of time, then you gotta re up) ... Those 01 columbias look fresh!

Yeah silica packs dry out the material in them if you put a lot in there so I wouldn't do that. If you are worried about them out them in the plastic container with some holes in for the materials to breath and you should be fine

I live in germany where the weather is rather dry than humid. So its better to not put silicia gel packs into each box?
Because my aj 4 and aj 3 retros from 1999 and 2001 crumbled and the heel tab even cracked on my pair and i didnt use any silica gel packs back then.

I live in germany where the weather is rather dry than humid. So its better to not put silicia gel packs into each box?
Because my aj 4 and aj 3 retros from 1999 and 2001 crumbled and the heel tab even cracked on my pair and i didnt use any silica gel packs back then.
I mean it depends on the shoes because 3s and 4s have a shorter lifespan than 11s. I'm not the guy to talk to about this type of stuff but I know humidity does break shoes down faster. But I don't think you will need silica packs for them personally

Back
Top Bottom