'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

‏@ESPNChrisLarsen
There is no concrete information out there regarding possible #Oregon sanctions. Just twitter and message board fodder rumors I saw/heard.

Scratch all that.

Just a bunch of tards speculating on no info.

Chip can be happy again.

Chip-Kelly.gif

oregon_makeitrain.gif

If true then those penalties would be around what USC got 2 years ago, if not equal.

The NCAA has no choice but to get back involved in that UNC situation. They got off light and now it has come out that the NCAA didn't look as nearly as nearly as tough through their investigation as they could have.

Seems like for major violators that the bowl ban/scholly reduction/multiple year probation route is the median and they go from there. Probably what UNC would look at.

If true then those penalties would be around what USC got 2 years ago, if not equal.
The NCAA has no choice but to get back involved in that UNC situation. They got off light and now it has come out that the NCAA didn't look as nearly as nearly as tough through their investigation as they could have.
Seems like for major violators that the bowl ban/scholly reduction/multiple year probation route is the median and they go from there. Probably what UNC would look at.

Swofford (the ACC commish) is a UNC guy and nobody will convince me that he didn't work some kind of deal to get them off light. They handed down the sanctions without even trying to get Butch Davis' phone records or pursuing a **** ton of other leads. So his university phone had ZERO calls on it in 2 years, and the NCAA didn't even think it was worth putting up a fight to see what was on his phone? :lol: Like HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? :lol:

Ray-Ray Armstrong starts at Faulkner
Updated: August 14, 2012, 8:35 PM ET
Associated Press

Email
Print

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Former Miami safety Ray-Ray Armstrong has enrolled at Faulkner University and hopes to play for the NAIA team.

Faulkner coach Brent Parker says Armstrong will practice Wednesday while awaiting clearance from the NAIA Eligibility Center.

Miami kicked Armstrong off the team in July. He was suspended for four games to start last season because he broke NCAA rules by accepting gifts from a former Miami booster. He missed another game while the school checked if other violations were committed when Armstrong had dinner with a friend who works in a public relations firm that handles professional athletes.

Barker says Armstrong is a solid student and "we felt like being at Faulkner would be a benefit to him and potentially our football program."

Faulkner president Billy Hilyer met with Armstrong Tuesday.

‏@ESPNChrisLarsen
There is no concrete information out there regarding possible #Oregon sanctions. Just twitter and message board fodder rumors I saw/heard.
Scratch all that.
Just a bunch of tards speculating on no info.
Chip can be happy again.
Chip-Kelly.gif

oregon_makeitrain.gif

The closer it gets, the realization that Bama is going to stomp Michigan out is starting to set in... Way too much talent for Bama and Saban usually has his team ready if it is going to be a spotlight game... If Michigan can score twice and hold Bama under 35, I will take it.

The closer it gets, the realization that Bama is going to stomp Michigan out is starting to set in... Way too much talent for Bama and Saban usually has his team ready if it is going to be a spotlight game... If Michigan can score twice and hold Bama under 35, I will take it.

:lol:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-academic-scandal-mark-emmert-ncaa-penn-state

As North Carolina academic scandal deepens, all eyes on Mark Emmert

Published Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm EDT Last updated 20 hours and 15 minutes ago

By Matt HayesSporting News
Follow on Twitter Archive Email RSS

46 Comments
Join the conversation

Text size AAA

When Mark Emmert made his grandiose statement last month, when he stood up and showed everyone at Penn State and intercollegiate athletics who was boss, you just knew this day was coming.

As fate would have it, it’s worse than anything Mr. Big Stick could have imagined.

“This,” one BCS athletic director told me Monday, “is Pandora’s Box.”

And an ironic kick in the rear for the man who talked tough while his kingdom was crumbling around him. Guess what, Mr. Emmert?

You’re gonna need a bigger stick.

When he announced crippling sanctions against Penn State, when he stuck the governing body’s nose in a legal action, Emmert made it clear that he alone had been given power to ignore due process and NCAA bylaws to protect “the foundation of amateur sports.”

Meanwhile, in Chapel Hill, N.C., the entire university is complicit in a systemic charade of bogus, no-show classes for athletes; a scheme that—you’re gonna love this part—the NCAA missed while investigating North Carolina over the past two years.

Fortunately, the man with the Big Stick has the Raleigh News & Observer doing the heavy lifting, exposing the real threat to the foundation of intercollegiate athletic sports. Or as my athletic director friend said, “Pandora’s Box.”

From 2007-2011, an internal review at UNC revealed 54 no-show classes in the Department of African and Afro American Studies where student-athletes were given grades for fake classes. The university says two department heads were responsible for the academic fraud, but the News & Observer says evidence suggests athletes were steered to classes by academic counselors assigned to the athletic department.

Think about that: the athletic department and a department of academics conspiring to keep students eligible so they can play games. This isn’t high school, everyone. This is one of the most respected academic institutions in the world cheating to keep athletes eligible.

NCAA president Mark Emmert worked quickly to sanction Penn State, but he has been nowhere to be found in the scandal at UNC. (AP Photo)

So while Mr. Big Stick thumped his chest about Penn State—before and after delivering the sanctions—we haven’t heard squat from him about what will become the worst infractions case in the history of college sports. And that was before the latest mind-numbing details released Monday by the News & Observer: the gross case of academic fraud could go back a decade—and include North Carolina’s legendary men’s basketball program.

Apparently, this isn’t important enough for Emmert to drop Death Penalty suggestions on national television morning shows, or speak to the horror of it all on PBS or ESPN, or to anyone else shoving a microphone in front of the face of the NCAA.

This, Mr. Emmert, is the foundation of amateur sports. This, Mr. Emmert, is the one thing that can bring down the façade that is billions in television dollars on the backs of student-athletes. This, Mr. Emmert, is the very thing that can and will underscore the one dirty secret the NCAA has tried for decades to hide: college sports is a glorified minor leagues for professional sports.

This, Mr. Big Stick, is your Pandora’s Box.

Say what you want about the NFL being a thug league, at least it doesn’t purport itself as one thing while acting like another. It hires felons and drunks and wife beaters, and does it in the name of professionalism.

The NCAA uses felons and drunks and girlfriend beaters, and simply moves them around from school to school and upper division to lower division all in the name of “giving kids a second chance.”

But there’s no avoiding academic fraud; no escape from what it exposes and how it jeopardizes the lifeblood of a multi-billion dollar, tax-exempt industry. There’s no denying the reality that if this unthinkable case of academic fraud is happening at North Carolina, where else is it hiding?

It’s easy to get emotional about a pedophile, and make snap decisions in the name of children. It resonates with everyone and produces instant credibility—no matter how skewed the process.

What happens when Emmert has to make a real decision? What happens when the very existence of college sports comes into play and the general public isn’t as engaged as Joe Sixpack was with Penn State?

This is your Pandora’s Box, Mark Emmert.

You’re gonna need a bigger stick.

USC ends are cursed. Depth the biggest (IMO) concern down in LA and they're already feeling that pressure before the season. Not a good start to the fall camp on defense.

USC ends are cursed. Depth the biggest (IMO) concern down in LA and they're already feeling that pressure before the season. Not a good start to the fall camp on defense.

Cursed?

DeVante Wilson was a grey shirt last year and was probably going to redshirt this year. Lot's of bumps and bruises so far, injuries are a concern for any team.

Dude pops his ACL and "they're already feeling the pressure" :lol:. Injuries happen, and for the record, defense has been dominating the offense throughout fall camp. Now, offense usually takes time to gel, and this is going to be a prolific offense, however if the defense is already punching that O in the mouth, then I'm pretty sure CLK and Co. got things under control.

Just thought I'd give a legit update, instead of gossip from Duckland... :lol:

Just think it sucks when dudes are hurt before season even begins, especially when you're low on bodies. Redshirt or not I still think it negatively affects depth concerns.

CFB just needs to start already.

Central Michigan unveils new uniforms

By Tom Fornelli | College Football Blogger
August 16, 2012 11:12 am ET

Do you want to see Central Michigan 's new uniforms? Of course you do, everybody loves new uniforms.

The Chippewas broke out the new duds on Wednesday, and there are a couple nice looks.

You can see even more photos here.

Personally, there isn't anything I don't like here. I'd definitely lean toward the all blacks or all whites more than I would the maroons or golds, but that's just color preference than design of the uniforms.

What do you think?

cmu4colors.jpg

cmuhelmet.jpg

cmugloves.jpg

SFPCNNGNRUHFVMD.20120815204148.JPG

allblackcmu.jpg

Them unis ugly

why cant Adidas & UA find there own style when it comes to NCAA Football Unis? They stay trying to play off the Special Nike Pro Combat unis or they teams with new designs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom