'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

I would love to hear any opinions on who you think is 1st round material for next year's draft at QB. I'm hoping the Dolphins can get someone since it seems to have more than a couple potential franchise QBs.  From what I have gathered Barkley is going to be the number 1 pick.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Is the state of Texas deep at QB this year? 6 of the Elite 11 QBs are from Texas.

Swoopes, Barrett, Kohl Stewart, Cody Thomas & Kenny Hill just to name a few. State is loaded this year for QBs.

Originally Posted by kc24688

I would love to hear any opinions on who you think is 1st round material for next year's draft at QB. I'm hoping the Dolphins can get someone since it seems to have more than a couple potential franchise QBs.  From what I have gathered Barkley is going to be the number 1 pick.

Matt Barkley, Landry Jones & Tyler Wilson seem like the sure fire 1st round QBs with Tyler Bray & Geno Smith being the underclassmen should they decide to declare.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Originally Posted by kc24688

Matt Barkley, Landry Jones & Tyler Wilson seem like the sure fire 1st round QBs with Tyler Bray & Geno Smith being the underclassmen should they decide to declare.

1572084_300.jpg

Texas is loaded at QB, but I'm not really sure there are any of those "can't miss, sure-fire star" types right now.

Swoopes can obviously grow into that, as his potential appears to be that of a Vince Young clone. He's definitely not there yet, though (pretty far from it, actually).

Cody Thomas is a highly rated outfielder and will probably never make it to college. Stewart had 20+ scouts watching him last night, and supposedly topped out around 96 with great control...

Guys like Barrett, Kincade, Hill, Johnson, etc. have a ways to go in proving themselves as more than just athletes that can throw the ball at the next level. Of that group, I like Barrett and Hill the best. I want to see Barrett at Baylor, and Hill will probably end up at TAMU. Kincade is really good, but he's closer to 5'10", 160 than his listed 6', 180. Johnson is also good, but he needs to show a lot more this next season to prove he's QB material at the next level. He's a guy that TAMU could offer the day before signing day and feel good about grabbing (he's a Bryan kid, so he's right in TAMU's backyard). Hill has decent size at 6'1", 200ish, and he's a got that solid upbringing through the Southlake Carroll program. I haven't heard much about the kid from Lake Travis (all I can think about from LT is Garrett Gilbert, even without Morris there...).

Ultimately, I'd like to see more from the dual-threat guys (which is typical at this stage), while the top pro-style guys are definite MLB threats that you'll have to worry about for the whole year. Thomas is probably the best QB in Texas, but he's almost a sure thing for the MLB draft. I like Barrett's upside a lot. I think he'd thrive under Briles.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Is the state of Texas deep at QB this year? 6 of the Elite 11 QBs are from Texas.

Swoopes, Barrett, Kohl Stewart, Cody Thomas & Kenny Hill just to name a few. State is loaded this year for QBs.

I didn't realize that this weekend is just a regional tryout and not the actial Elite 11. Prolly why there are so many Texas kids there. Shane Morris will get to work on recruiting Marcell Ateman.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Mike,

Y'all got a commit from Deon Hollins Jr. yesterday right? He looks like he could be one hell of a rush backer in a 3-4. He was supposedly very concerned about where he would fit into a 4-3 defense, but was very high on the 3-4. He wanted to know an exact position and an exact plan for how he would be used in a team's defense. The UCLA coaches must have done a hell of a job selling him on a plan for him to get him to commit without even visiting LA yet.

Adrian Klemm
pimp.gif

My man crush for Shane Morris is very high... Hope he destroys the tryout this weekend.... Kid can sling it.... His stats were terrible because his WRS couldn't catch a cold

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Hialeah got field turf now??
Scrimmage was a Ted Hendricks stadium in Hialeah.
No depth chart was released but off the top of my head:

QB: Ryan Williams

RB: Mike James

FB: Hagens

TE: Walford/Cleveland

WR: Rashawn Scott, Dorsett, Hurns

OL: Seantrel, Linder, McDermott, Feliciano, Bunche 

DL: Green, Porter, Robinson, Cain (Chickillo injured)

LB: Perryman, Paul, Gaines

CB: Finnie, Gunter/McGee

S: Ray Ray, VT

ND lands 2 very good OL in Colin McGovern and Hunter Bivin.... Both are 6'7 and north of 280lbs.... That is 3 very large OL for them in the 2013 class

Swoopes may have that VY like potential but I like Barrett better.

I think there's a chance Barrett may end up at LSU if they get in on him tough.

If Swoopes is the next VY, why is his 2A team getting taken behind the woodshed in the second round of the playoffs?
30t6p3b.gif

As a QUARTERBACK right now, I'd rather have Stewart, Thomas, Hill and Barrett no question.

Doubt he ever makes it to A&M... Too much $$$$ to be made on the pitchers mound.

Yeah but he's been outworked/outplayed by the two EE freshman. Also heard he's been abused a couple times in practice by walk-ons. Coaches have been riding him hard and Golden even called him out in a radio interview. If he doesn't get it together soon it might be a wrap for him.

Back
Top Bottom