'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

Originally Posted by Newbs24

ND lands 2 very good OL in Colin McGovern and Hunter Bivin.... Both are 6'7 and north of 280lbs.... That is 3 very large OL for them in the 2013 class
Just pulled 4-star QB Malik Zaire out of Ohio, too.  Pretty surprising.

Also another OT in Mike McGlinchy from PA.... Crazy Kelly is getting a good roll going right now... Just heard that Taco Charlton and David Dawson will be planning on being EE next winter.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Hialeah got field turf now??
Scrimmage was a Ted Hendricks stadium in Hialeah.
No depth chart was released but off the top of my head:

QB: Ryan Williams

RB: Mike James

FB: Hagens

TE: Walford/Cleveland

WR: Rashawn Scott, Dorsett, Hurns

OL: Seantrel, Linder, McDermott, Feliciano, Bunche 

DL: Green, Porter, Robinson, Cain (Chickillo injured)

LB: Perryman, Paul, Gaines

CB: Finnie, Gunter/McGee

S: Ray Ray, VT
You got Williams running QB over Morris?
I'd be shocked. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If Swoopes is the next VY, why is his 2A team getting taken behind the woodshed in the second round of the playoffs?
30t6p3b.gif

As a QUARTERBACK right now, I'd rather have Stewart, Thomas, Hill and Barrett no question.

VY didn't ever make it to a state title game either...Madison had some talent too. Football more than anything is dependent on the other 21 guys.

Driskel
Florida+Atlantic+v+Florida+WjaH22ZoVUUl.jpg

or

Brissett
015BrissettJacoby1110088551TCa-M.jpg

?

Driskel presents the most upside going into Spring IMO ... a decision still remains uncertain for the most part.

“We would like to declare a starter and move forward with it, but we'll name that when it's ready,’’ he said. “We're going to do what we need to win games.  If we've got to play both guys, we'll play both guys. Both guys have had good offseasons and very pleased with their progress to this point and where we are.

Like what I'm hearing from early reports. If our D-line comes together our D should be pretty good. Also like what I'm hearing about Denard becoming an outspoken leader, getting on his guys around him. Not being so soft spoken.

Babcock said UC had discussions with schools from the Big 12 and the Southeastern Conference and also had discussions with Florida State from the Atlantic Coast Conference “but the dates didn’t match up or they just want to play us one time and didn’t want to return the game.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Babcock said UC had discussions with schools from the Big 12 and the Southeastern Conference and also had discussions with Florida State from the Atlantic Coast Conference “but the dates didn’t match up or they just want to play us one time and didn’t want to return the game.

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

Driskel
Florida+Atlantic+v+Florida+WjaH22ZoVUUl.jpg

or

Brissett
015BrissettJacoby1110088551TCa-M.jpg

?

Driskel presents the most upside going into Spring IMO ... a decision still remains uncertain for the most part.

“We would like to declare a starter and move forward with it, but we'll name that when it's ready,’’ he said. “We're going to do what we need to win games.  If we've got to play both guys, we'll play both guys. Both guys have had good offseasons and very pleased with their progress to this point and where we are.

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

If Swoopes is the next VY, why is his 2A team getting taken behind the woodshed in the second round of the playoffs?
30t6p3b.gif

As a QUARTERBACK right now, I'd rather have Stewart, Thomas, Hill and Barrett no question.

VY didn't ever make it to a state title game either...Madison had some talent too. Football more than anything is dependent on the other 21 guys.

North Shore doesn't play, they were too good that year. And they didn't win state that year either.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

30t6p3b.gif

North Shore doesn't play, they were too good that year. And they didn't win state that year either.
There's also a pretty vast difference in competition in 2A and 5A.

Scary because he's 6'6" and the same size as Cam Newton (never heard that mentioned) or in the sense that you have no idea whether he can read a defense yet, or just scary like your linking ability...meaning not good?

Weird, that's the second time I've copy pasted link directly on my phone and it instead turned it into a weird link that redirects to NT. I had actually pasted the text of that article and commented on it and none of that got posted
laugh.gif

Anyways, ddot Ill be curious to see how we fare against y'all this year after Kevin Steele was nice enough to meet with our staff and go through the two binders full of tendencies you guys had on us. It was apparently helpful to get our staff to realize how terrible we were on first downs and how predictable we were in the red zone. Problem is I'm not sure if they're competent enough to fix those issues.
30t6p3b.gif

Is that for real for real? Those are like the only games that Steele coached, he was on Morphine Island or some ++@# in the others, dude retired before the Orange Bowl.

And does VT not do any self scouting or do the have a Dabo in charge of that?

Thank God your commentary didn't get posted. I vaguely remember what you were saying about Logan Thomas last spring.

Back
Top Bottom