'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Is that for real for real? Those are like the only games that Steele coached, he was on Morphine Island or some ++@# in the others, dude retired before the Orange Bowl.

And does VT not do any self scouting or do the have a Dabo in charge of that?

Thank God your commentary didn't get posted. I vaguely remember what you were saying about Logan Thomas last spring.
Yea that's not a rumor, confirmed that it happened. I guess Steele wasn't too happy about being fired but come on now
laugh.gif
I don't know VT's standard op. procedure for offensive coaching but I'd tend to assume the worst about it. 
And for the record all I'd said in my post that didn't show was that I thought he needed another year of seasoning and I hoped he stayed because I already wasn't looking forward to playing Bama to start '13 and it will be even worse if he leaves.

And I don't recall saying anything terribly outlandish about LT. Sorry for giving positive reviews during spring practice to a converted TE who's probably going to end up being a first round draft pick at QB. Don't know what I was thinking. 
grin.gif

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/badgers.html

Badgers Blog

Latest news, inside dope and links from around the Web on UW football, basketball and other sports
[h1]Source: O'Brien poised to choose UW[/h1]
By Jeff Potrykus of the Journal Sentinel

Updated: 11:15 a.m

Madison - Former quarterback Danny O’Brien is poised to transfer to Wisconsin, a college football source told the Journal Sentinel on Wednesday.

O’Brien is on pace to graduate this spring and under NCAA rules will be eligible to play immediately.
He has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

UW has only two healthy quarterbacks participating in spring practice – Joe Brenann and Joel Stave.

Brenann will be a redshirt sophomore next season. He played in six games last season and completed 6 of 15 passes for 48 yards, with one interception.

Stave, a walk-on from Whitnall High School, will be a redshirt freshman.
Curt Phillips is getting limited work in the spring while trying to come back from multiple knee injuries. The last game in which Phillips played was the 2009 regular-season finale at Hawaii.

Jon Budmayr, who closed last spring as the No. 1 quarterback but never played a down after experiencing nerve problems in his throwing arm, is still out.

He's no Russell Wilson

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Badgers Blog

Latest news, inside dope and links from around the Web on UW football, basketball and other sports

Madison - Former quarterback Danny O’Brien is poised to transfer to Wisconsin, a college football source told the Journal Sentinel on Wednesday.

O’Brien is on pace to graduate this spring and under NCAA rules will be eligible to play immediately.

UW has only two healthy quarterbacks participating in spring practice – Joe Brenann and Joel Stave.

Brenann will be a redshirt sophomore next season. He played in six games last season and completed 6 of 15 passes for 48 yards, with one interception.

Curt Phillips is getting limited work in the spring while trying to come back from multiple knee injuries. The last game in which Phillips played was the 2009 regular-season finale at Hawaii.

Jon Budmayr, who closed last spring as the No. 1 quarterback but never played a down after experiencing nerve problems in his throwing arm, is still out.

He's no Russell Wilson

He's probably 100x better than their other options.

Plus having Montee & White in the backfield sure will make things easy as well.

[h1]Report: Rambo, Ogletree suspended for multiple games[/h1] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]6 minutes ago - by Fletcher Page
S Bacarri Rambo and LB Alec Ogletree have been suspended for multiple games at the start of the 2012 season for a violation of team rules, a source close to the situation told DawgPost.com, a Scout.com site that covers Georgia. Rambo and Ogletree are both considered key members on a defense that finished fifth nationally in points allowed in 2011. The source said the suspensions will be at least two games and could be for as many as four games. [/td][/tr][/table]

Badgers Blog

He's no Russell Wilson

the kid can ball, trust.. can make every throw and has a good head on his shoulders. he was just in a cesspool at UMD, honestly we should just axe the football program
30t6p3b.gif

Da'Rick Rogers apparently gone to Georgia State.

Edit: Dooley says he has some things to work out before he can return the team. Let's see if it happens. I doubt it personally.

http://sportsmerchnews.co...ghorn-uniforms-revealed/

A few weeks ago, we reported that there were rumors floating around that the University of Texas might be messing with their football uniforms. Even we thought the rumors were unlikely, since Texas’ uniforms are some of the most classic and iconic in college football.

But lets not forget that Texas is a Nike school – and Nike has a lot of pull these days. If they’ve convinced a storied program like Ohio State to mess with their jerseys, they can convince Texas.

Shown below, the images of the uniforms are strikingly different than what they usually wear. And as we reported before, the color black is certainly involved – in a huge way. We’re told these jerseys are called “practice jerseys

Originally Posted by Al3xis

David Robinson's son, Corey Robinson, verbally commits to Notre Dame
can he actually play?
He's more John Goodman than Mike Floyd, but you won't have to worry about off-the-field issues with the kid.
Very, very raw (and S.A. Christian is not a good football school) but he is definitely his father's son when it comes to work ethic.

Back
Top Bottom