'13 Reasons Why' Thread (Original Netflix Series)

I know that, but you swear Netflix wouldn't take the opportunity to capatize off that.
I just don't think continuing this story would be ideal. You act like Netflix doesn't have tons of shows in the works. This show worked because it was perfectly executed. A lot of times movies and shows fail to adapt a book this well. The story has been completely told. Just because it was a success doesn't mean you need to drag it out. Especially when anything going forward wouldn't be canon.

Sure, it would wrap up the unresolved story lines from the first season — does Alex survive his suicide attempt? — but without Hannah Baker's tapes, and the screen presence of magnetic newcomer Katherine Langford, the show just wouldn't have the same emotional depth.

Which is exactly why Jay Asher never wrote a sequel. Even though he left some characters with open stories, it was never about them. The story is about a girl who committed suicide and created 13 tapes explaining why she did. I don't care to hear about how Alex or any other characters story unfolds.

Just my personal opinion, having only read the synopsis of the book, watching the show and a couple YouTube videos with theories..

It's a story of people having to directly face the ramifications of their actions.. the ramifications are clearly ongoing, so they could very easily have a 2nd season leading directly from this, court cases and everything that surrounds that.. Hannah and the tapes were just the 'big bang' in a sense

The format obviously changes a bit, without going through the tapes to that extent and Hannah herself being that involved.. but we got a glimpse of that throughout the series and specifically in the finale when clay goes to see Kevin

Obviously we'll have whatever steps Hannah's parents now take.. clay's mother will eventually hear as well, which will lead to decisions on her part.. then guidance counselor could go any number of ways

Tyler is obviously their big play.. but there is a ton there if they don't go that route material wise for at least 1-3 more seasons

Very great show. I really enjoyed how natural and genuine the actors and dialogue felt, though the plot felt a bit gimmicky at times.
The show's handling of tough subjects like suicide really makes you think about those topics by confronting you with realistic and graphic portrayals that likely makes you uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Show isn't good....mountain outta mole hills. Couldve been rapped up as a 1hr and 30 min movie :lol:.

Corny too. Almost feel like they are TRYING to be corny on purpose...and pay homage to campy stereotypical 80s high school movies. Some slight trolling with this show...

That's the point though, everything is a mountain to some of these fragile kids. Just keep an eye out for your own.

Very great show. really makes you think about those topics by confronting you with realistic and graphic portrayals that likely makes you uncomfortable.

Exactly how I felt.. Gave me that uncomfortable feeling from the first episode

Idk Tyler buys a gun and then has pictures of all the kids hanging up and then takes Alex's picture down

Tyler was that creep kid who was taking pics of everyone right? I thought he was going to shoot up the school or somethingmaybe that's season 2 13 reasons why he shot up the school

Last edited:
Tyler was that creep kid who was taking pics of everyone right? I thought he was going to shoot up the school or somethingmaybe that's season 2 13 reasons why he shot up the school

That's him..

Something is going happen with that chest.. depends on how big they wanna go with it

I think the hanging the pictures up was his hit list and took alex off since alex helped him out once.

I don't see a need for another season. Show revolves around the telling of Hannah's story and how they interacted with everybody in the show and that is now over, no need to make another season about what happens next, although it'll be interesting what happens with tyler.

I've seen lifetime movies better executed than this.

Sexting in Suburbia >>>

Last edited:
my random thoughts on how a season 2 could be about Tyler

photos he printed is his hit list... he removed alex cuz alex was the only dude who ever made an attempt and caring for him.

Tyler then records tapes on why he's about to each one of them... made the tapes very manipulative so he can get away w/ it / ensure they dont go to authorities... all the kids live in fear but cant say why.

waits till he can confirm the person listens to their tape and offs them

Offs himself after da last.

Moral of the story was everyone was so worried about hannah baker in season 1 when she was already dead. There was someone alive that could have been helped but they didn't and the process was repeated.

The ending definitely leaves things open for a potential season 2. It would probably focus on the topic of school shootings given Tyler's actions in the final episode.

Wouldn't be a book adaptation anymore obviously but I'd watch it.

Last edited:
Still gotta deal with fall out from this.. obviously it goes to trial with the parents now having the extra ammo

Eventually clay's mom will see the tapes and their family has to deal with it.. guidance counselor has to figure out what he wants to do and is willing to risk, since his job would be on the line and he got a new family

Maybe after the lawyer goes at Tyler he snaps and that breaks him.. but it'll be something, but I think that's mid to late season.. zero need to rush that

Back
Top Bottom