Originally Posted by DR813

Originally Posted by GTEK

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
GOAT.
True indeed
pimp.gif

Biggie was/is the GOAT...Pac was very nice though...

i remember i was 11 when 2pac died. when i 1st heard about it i was playing b-ball with some of ma ppls and dudes were talkin about it heavy. i remember my oneboys kept saying, "i bet it was biggie that did it!"

i was living in jamaica at the time...but yeah i remember hearing it
Pac one of the dopest to ever touch the mic
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ thats what i think to. dude really had no lyric skill he was more of a speaker than anything.

to me

Biggie, Pun , Nas , Jay , Em.

Why is hip hop the only genre of music to be scrutinized for lyrical skill? 2pac made incredible music. Can some rappers are better lyricists, but most ofthose rappers dont make greatmusic. I mean....big pun number 2?
laugh.gif
You can argue he is a great lyricist.....I wont get into that debate with you. But youmust be high off your %@* to think that Big Pun is on Pacs level as far as making great music and being a great artist. Its not all about lyricism when you aretalking about a great hip hop artist.

Originally Posted by imahustla08

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ thats what i think to. dude really had no lyric skill he was more of a speaker than anything.

to me

Biggie, Pun , Nas , Jay , Em.
Were not talking about lyrical skills. Pac wrote from the heart. He was a true artist. None of those rappers you mentioned above could write a song in 10 minutes that would make you teary like Pac could. None of the above had the same heart Pac had.

i agree with this statement except for when it comes to nas and em.

Nas and Em are both good artists, but the way they write their music is different. Pac didn't pre-think he just put it down on paper.No other rapper was asdeep and could get you as emotional as that dude. Pac wrote Dear Mama in 10 minutes.

Originally Posted by imahustla08

Nas and Em are both good artists, but the way they write their music is different. Pac didn't pre-think he just put it down on paper.No other rapper was as deep and could get you as emotional as that dude. Pac wrote Dear Mama in 10 minutes.
i really cant argue that cuz i never seen any artist write a song myself to say how long it took for them to do it but in the sense of deepthought was wat i meant. dont get me wrong i have been a big fan of all 3 for a really long time. i personally feel they are the 3 deepest rappers to ever comeout.

Let's not forget that The Don Killuminati (The 7 Day Theory) was written and completely recorded/finished in 3days. One of the greatest if not the greatest hip hop album of all time.

It's hard for me to listen to pac. I have about 5 or more favorite songs from him. Mainly his mainstream stuff.

But RIP.

Always makes you think, if you wonder what rap would be like if he were still alive.

Pac may not have been the best lyricist but he was a poet and he touched people's soul with his music like no other could.

Originally Posted by HoisanHaze

Pac may not have been the best lyricist but he was a poet and he touched people's soul with his music like no other could.

yup

Back
Top Bottom