14 Dead, 50 Hurt In Batman Movie Shooting

AURORA, Colorado (AP) – Police Chief Dan Oates says 14 people are dead following a shooting at a suburban Denver movie theater. He says 50 others were injured.

People gather outside the Century 16 movie theatre in Aurora, Colo., at the scene of a mass shooting early Friday morning.

People gather outside the Century 16 movie theatre in Aurora, Colo., at the scene of a mass shooting early Friday morning.
Calls to police about the shooting started coming in about 12:30 a.m. Friday from a mall theater that was showing the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises, the office said.
One person has been arrested but police did not have any other details.
"The scene is still very active and we have little information for release at this time," police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson said in a brief news release.
Witness Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he was inside Theater 16 and heard several shots.
"Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station.
Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."
Spokeswoman Nicole Williams said that two people in critical condition had been rushed to the nearby Swedish Medical Center.
She said emergency crews told her staff to prepare for several more patients from the shooting scene.
"We're on standby to receive," she said. "Police said they could have as many as 20 or more (patients)."
Williams said she was told that "somebody opened fire with some sort of weapon during the "Dark Knight" movie.
Aurora is located on the outskirts of Denver, about 10 miles southeast of downtown.

Link

Prayers for the Victims Families

Some cowardly type ish shooting up random people and their families smh

I hope only for the worse for this person

condolences to friends and fam that lost someone..

mean.gif
 some crazy ppl out there.

14 dead?! I'm still in shock. 

RIP to the dead and deepest prayers to all of the injured. 
tired.gif

Last edited:
can't even go to the movies anymore; this seriously sours me seeing this movie tonight

We planned on doing a Ted then going to happy hour and back in to the see Dark Knight...after reading this I have lost the excitement

no words right now :smh:

Oh, we're shooting up movie theaters now?

This **** rages me like no other.

It also pisses me off that he's in custody and not laying dead in the parking lot where they most likely caught him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't even sit and enjoy a movie with your family and friends. :smh:

Some cowardly scumbags out there man...

Last edited:
This is the mess I wake up to. Getting ready for work, hop on NT, looking to have a good day and the first thing I see is 14 people shot dead with as many as 50 people hurt. :smh: Day already starting on a downside. :smh:

RIP to all the lives lost. Hopefully those that were hurt will make a fulll recovery.

Last edited:
They're so many monsters on this planet.

The details will replay in my head for I don't know how long. Death is far too simple of a punishment for this guy. Actually whatever we can do as humans is too simple.

I can't get back to sleep.

I feel for everyone affected by this.

Last edited:
the world is sad man. you always got to look over your back when you are out. RIP and hope a speedy recovery for the 50 injured :x (50 tho dam and with the 14 dead)

And yall complain about tougher gun laws? R.I.P to the people and prays to their families

Sad to hear, that's a ******** of casualties. I wonder what was the shooter's motive?

RIP to those who passed and I hope those who are in critical condition pull through.

Any NT'ers actually live near this place in Colorado ?

The news feed I'm watching online. They interviewed a couple people at the scene and they were saying that this Theater is in a part of the town where they know people who avoid going to watch movies at this theater because it's in a bad neighborhood.

:smh:

Last edited:
Every theater needs to be checking every possible entrance and exit. It'd be nice to have police at all of them too. How did he get in is my main question. 24 years old and wasted the rest of his life for what?

And there is about to be a steep decline with people being allowed to dress up. A guy on CNN said he could of blended in with others dressed up.

R.I.P to all the victims.

Back
Top Bottom