#14 Oregon at #16 Boise St. BLOUNT'S COLLEGE CAREER = OVER - It's LaMichael James' show now

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Sloppy game, But oregon had a couple chances to get back into the game & win but blew it
Quoted for correct spelling
eek.gif

wink.gif

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Making excuses for a dude who cant control his emotions.
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
Go back to slobbing Tony Romo.
Good comeback. !+%$+$+ lame !+@ dude
indifferent.gif
You the lame getting mad over the Internet. What he did was wrong but it was warranted. Pull your skirt down.

No, it wasnt warranted. That is the problems. All you simple minded guys thinking this kind of stuff is ok when it isnt. Blount was talking +!!# days beforethe game, should Boise players just dropped him as soon as he stepped on the field? Get real. Dude is a grown man who cant control himself.

Both were in the wrong but Blount is a moron and deserves everything that happened to him. He is lucky this happened on the field or he could easily have beenarrested in the streets.

Oregon looked terrible.

My Gamecocks looked almost as bad, but we're 1-0 . . .

Hit my post count limit last night b/c of this...need to get a backup SN for these situations. Just a crazy incident. Man if GIF's could come with sound, Iwould want "Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazie!" to be added to those. Would be classic

Originally Posted by 18key

Guerrilla Warfare wrote:
Sloppy game, But oregon had a couple chances to get back into the game & win but blew it
Quoted for correct spelling
eek.gif

fleybq.jpg

No "da", "dey", "finna", "pricks", emoticons from some unknown source, etc., etc. either...
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Anyone who defends this guy is despicable and a thug.
smh.gif
And now he can go back to the streets where he belongs for a few years before he's behind a cell using my tax dollars
smh.gif

I can remember a few people telling Ohio people to be classy.....that's ironic.

He deserves to be gone. Him getting to go to that school for free and act like that is a damn joke and a waste of money.

Anyone who defends him is either listening to too much BET or has no appreciation for sportsmanship. Players talk %+% during the game....So it's ok to goat somebody after but not during the game in the same situation. Dude asked for it. Say differently and you're a moron.

Get the $#@$ outta here.

A good article by Pac-10 ESPN Blogger Ted Miller (love this guy's pieces, whether it's tv or print):

Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount has been suspended for the entire 2009 season for punching a Boise State player after the Ducks 19-8 defeat. His moment of stupidity might cost him an NFL career.

Gosh, I hope not.

I wonder what percentage of those NFL decision-makers who will write off Blount punched a guy in college?

It was a terrible moment for Blount. Terrible. He embarrassed himself, his team and his school. He's lucky Broncos linebacker Byron Hout wasn't seriously hurt. Or that he's not being charged with assault.

No matter what happens the rest of Blount's life, that film will a part of who he is. He could win the Nobel Prize and cure cancer and that clip would pop up again.

One day his children will see it.

From this day forward, every time he meets someone, reaches out to shake their hand and says, "Hi, I'm LeGarrette Blount," odds are that person will go, "That's the guy who punched someone after a football game."

So know that Blount will suffer greatly what he did. The least of his worries is a season-long suspension.

But Blount is not a "thug." That's according to folks who know Blount at Oregon. My impression the couple of times I've talked to him is he's a good-natured guy.

Is he academically ambitious? Apparently not. Is he fully mature? Nope. Has he maybe been listening to self-interested people whispering in his ear about how great he is or been reading too many of his press clippings? Probably.

But throwing a person in the trash heap should not be done lightly.

The Oregonian reported "Blount will remain in school, on scholarship and in the football program - through any bowl games the Ducks may play in - and will practice and have access to the school's support services."

Good for Oregon. Blount helped the Ducks win 10 games last year. Now Oregon, to no benefit for itself, will help Blount learn from his mistakes.

And perhaps get a shot at an NFL career.

Part of my reaction is self-reflection. I, for one, am a person who has acted stupidly many times and find it hard -- and perhaps a bit hypocritical -- to stand in harsh judgment of a college student who threw a punch at someone who was trash talking him.

That doesn't excuse Blount. He deserves punishment. A season-long suspension is just.

A life-long one is not.

Let's not write him off as a terrible person. Let's root for him to grow from this.

Forgiveness is good.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

He deserves to be gone. Him getting to go to that school for free and act like that is a damn joke and a waste of money.

Anyone who defends him is either listening to too much BET or has no appreciation for sportsmanship. Players talk %+% during the game....So it's ok to go at somebody after but not during the game in the same situation. Dude asked for it. Say differently and you're a moron.

Get the $#@$ outta here.
QUE?

Anyone who defends him is either listening to too much BET or has no appreciation for sportsmanship. Players talk %+% during the game....So it's ok to go at somebody after but not during the game in the same situation. Dude asked for it. Say differently and you're a moron.

Get the $#@$ outta here.
Tell me about it.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Get the $#@$ outta here.
Tell me about it.
smh.gif

Glad you agree. Hopefully Utah isn't too much to handle.

Mark May and Lou Holtz talking about it right now. SMH at Mark May wearing the Randy Jackson glasses. Am I supposed to take this guy seriously?

I wouldnt not have much of a prob with sentence
if the other guy was giving a time out also.
Blount was going bout his way till the dude felt the need to brush em and talk trash.{

Its funny how ESPN where hyping the game up to be nasty and physical
even quoting the "@$% whoopin" statement and going yessssss its gonna be good.
Then when something really does goes down they turn all royalty and act like football itself isnt a very violent game.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom