#14 Oregon at #16 Boise St. BLOUNT'S COLLEGE CAREER = OVER - It's LaMichael James' show now

I've been hungover all day at work but this thread has brightened my day.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

fans have no boundaries. im surprised players don snap more often and attack a deserving fan

See; Oregon vs. UCLA's basketball game on January 24, 2008.

I love how Oregon holds up being the most classless school in the country. Death threats, having a water cup thrown at my grandma.....kids dont have much tolive for when they go to that school I guess....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/grant_wahl/02/26/abusive.fans0303/index.html

wow...that was pathetic from blount
smh.gif
laugh.gif

oregon looked lost out there...hopefully they get it together

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

the sad thing is blunt just cost himself millions

EDIT:

just figured out who that clown What up is now
laugh.gif
I don't think he blew "millions" due to that punch....he'll still go in rounds 1-2 (and I think that's where he's projected anyways)...

Wasn't the dude who he punched yelling in his face? Doesn't excuse what LB did, but if emotions are running high, the last thing you want to do is rub your win DIRECTLY in the face (and touching him) of an opponent who is taking the loss hard....

man do you know any thing about what NFL scouts look for, a huge deal the past several years in the draft has been focusing on players character, just look atthe pacman jones situation. Get out of this thread that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. another thing is this is his first year as astarter, he runs in the spread offense, and just had a game with 8 carries for -5 yards. Even if he does get to play the 2nd half of the season(which i thinkis pretty doubtfull considering all the other things he has against him) he won't put up numbers high enough to be thought of as a 1st or 2nd round pick, Iwould even go as far as saying he won't be drafted at all, mainly due to the fact that I think his season is over at Oregon.

^ Didn't know you were a scout...thanks for that insight!

He'll find his way into the NFL

haha can't say i agree with what this guy said (at least not 100%) but i laughed so hard at it haha
@everyone who frowns on Blount's actions - What are you, a bunch of vaginas? Seriously. Men fighting. It happens. Quit being such a effing pansy. This is the feminization of American males in action. You got two balls and a swinging +**@ between those legs? If so, dude talked crap and got rocked for it. End of story. What the fudge guys. Did you guys graduate from UNC or Duke? Act like damn men.

@everyone who frowns on Blount's actions - What are you, a bunch of vaginas? Seriously. Men fighting. It happens. Quit being such a effing pansy. This is the feminization of American males in action. You got two balls and a swinging +**@ between those legs? If so, dude talked crap and got rocked for it. End of story. What the fudge guys. Did you guys graduate from UNC or Duke? Act like damn men.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^How is he going to find his way into the NFL when he hasn't been a starter and sits out and gets kicked off a team? I don't have to be a scout tofigure out his future and count up all the things he has going against him

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Long night. Had a wedding reception until 9:30pm (Mountain time) and then had to drive two hours to family's place to watch the game DVR'd, so here are my thoughts.

1. Blount should be gone. Dude cost himself big NFL bucks (even if he was a low-draft pick). Made me sick to see that. As a Ducks fan and supporter I'm embarrassed at what happened after the game. There's no place for that in anything. As much talent as he might have, it's clear he cannot keep a level head when the going gets tough. He's gotta be kicked off the team for that crap. No question about it.
  2. Bad, bad, bad play calling, throughout the night. Oregon is a running team (as weird as that sounds) and we dropped it and never even gave it a chance. Blount should have been benched after the 2nd quarter in favor of a faster, more nimble James/Crenshaw combo who would hit the holes (or tiny, wimpy, thin gaps that were few and far between).
  3. The defense wasn't that bad. They were bad at times, but I thought they held up on some drives where they needed to. They were on the field A LOT tonight...The offense just sucked hard and didn't help in anyway to rest the guys on the other side of the ball.
  4. Reminded me of the Wazzu game after we beat Michigan in 2003. Hyped up to no end and came out flat and played poorly all night.
  5. Oregon was just outplayed, outcoached, and anything else you want to add onto that. No question Boise was the better team tonight. The stats speak for themselves.
  6. On a good note, we have a good punter for the next four years.
I will own anything I said previously. I won't just hide and pretend I didn't say what I said (in talking about Boise's home record, Kelly's preparation for games, etc.). I'm still an Oregon fan, no doubt about it, and I'm still very excited about what the season could hold. I was flat out wrong about a lot. Flame me if you want, whatever.

But if things like the o-line, quarterback play, d-line play don't get shored up...I'm in for a long season of mediocre football. Man..that O-line..biggest question mark during the offseason becomes the biggest problem for the forseeable future. Steve Greatwood really needs to pull something outta his rump to fix this group of noobs.

I feel bad for Chip Kelly. He's a good guy, doesn't talk smack, very professional, very upbeat, and positive. What a rough way to start off the season
ohwell.gif

Unfortunately I haven't read anything yet about TJ Ward and I'm really not expecting good news. I don't think he's like Paul Pierce in this case. The way he had to be carried off the field tells me a torn knee ligament, broken leg/foot, etc. I hope it's good news, but I'm just don't think it's gonna happen.

Now on to Purdue next week. After this week, Nate Costa seriously needs to be looked at as an option at quarterback. Masoli was making bad choices all night, whether it was running or passing. I feel fine about our wideouts/tight ends/running backs. They never really got a chance to display their skills and what they could do on the field. The o-line probably had something to do with it, but Masoli's pick was terrible, and the fumble wasn't the guy in front of him's fault.

8-9 wins is probably my max wins this season, and that's being generous at the moment. Utah, Cal, USC, Oregon State all look like they could be bad if things don't get better...

Let's see wht happens...
Respect.

Character is part of the reason why certain teams (aka Jax) didnt take Michael Crabtree this year. And now look at this bamma still not signed... SMH.

I lol'd many times at the slow motion replay though hahah.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

haha can't say i agree with what this guy said (at least not 100%) but i laughed so hard at it haha

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- Boise State defensive end Byron Hout will not be suspended after taunting Oregon's LeGarrette Blount before getting decked with a punch.
Boise State spokesman Max Corbet told The Associated Press in an e-mail Friday that head coach Chris Petersen won't suspend Hout. Instead, Petersen will spend time with Hout this week to help him learn from what happened.
Hout was knocked to his knees by Blount after No. 14 Boise State's 19-8 win over No. 16 Oregon on Thursday night. Hout yelled in Blount's face and tapped him on the shoulder pad before catching the right to the jaw. Petersen was trying to pull Hout away when he was hit.
The Pac-10 Conference has still to review tape of the altercation.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/09/04/boise-hout.ap/index.html#ixzz0QAb1sGJv

smh.gif
Dude gets off easy...tsk tsk tsk

Statement from Oregon president September 4, 2009 3:40 PM Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller The following is a statement from University of Oregon president Richard Lariviere on the postgame fight last night at Boise State. It doesn't contain anything about a possible penalty for running back LeGarrette Blount. At the conclusion of last night's University of Oregon season opening football game against Boise State University, a UO player displayed inappropriate and unsportsmanlike behavior. There is no place on the field of play for that kind of action, and his conduct was reprehensible. We do not and will not tolerate the actions that were taken by our player. Oregon's loyal fans expect and deserve better. The University of Oregon Athletics Department is reviewing the situation and will take appropriate action, reflecting the seriousness of the player's behavior. We then hope to put this incident behind us and look forward to the rest of the season. UO players, coaches and fans are known for their passion and enthusiasm for athletic competition. At the University of Oregon, we are committed to demonstrating that passion in positive ways. Oregon Ducks, LeGarrette Blount, Boise State Broncos, Richard Lariviere

What do you mean got off easy? He really didn't do any thing serious. If you can't take some trash talk especially after dishing it out then **** (ashe prolly will be forced to).

Originally Posted by JONFARR

What do you mean got off easy? He really didn't do any thing serious. If you can't take some trash talk especially after dishing it out then **** (as he prolly will be forced to).

He ignited the whole thing. LeGarrette was already eating crow after what he said and the scoreboard said enough. Dude instigated it.. Should be suspended 1game IMO.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

What do you mean got off easy? He really didn't do any thing serious. If you can't take some trash talk especially after dishing it out then **** (as he prolly will be forced to).

I was expecting some repercussions. Not saying he had to be suspended for a huge amount of time, but just a talkin' to? Ehhh...kinda weak. All bias aside(and I'm not defending Blount), if Hout hadn't said anything, Blount probably doesn't lose his nuts and go caveman on everybody.

LOL at he got off easy --- dude is a collegiate athlete talkin trash to another collegiate athlete thats grounds for a suspension?

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

LOL at he got off easy --- dude is a collegiate athlete talkin trash to another collegiate athlete thats grounds for a suspension?
He instigated the whole damn thing...

1. He said something in a taunting manner

2. HE PUT HIS HANDS ON BLOUNT

3. He turned away like he thought nothing was gonna happen because of 1 & 2....

POW.

Hout was already in the process of getting reprimanded by his coach before he went night night....for everyone piling on Blount for what he did, just as muchif not MORE of the blame should be on the shoulders of the man who got the whole thing started...

*for you folks that live in Oregon or follow Oregon football, how are the fans looking at this situation?

POW.

Hout was already in the process of getting reprimanded by his coach before he went night night....for everyone piling on Blount for what he did, just as much if not MORE of the blame should be on the shoulders of the man who got the whole thing started...

*for you folks that live in Oregon or follow Oregon football, how are the fans looking at this situation?

I look at the situation as such: Oregon's offensive problems start at the o-line and thats where it needs to be fixed. We've got some good backs(excluding Blount). What Blount did is a problem...a huge suspension or dismissal is all that is gonna work for me. I think LaMichael James is going to be abetter back than him anyways. Just a bad, bad game all around. One to put behind and move forward to the next.

EDIT:

Senior tailback LeGarrette Blount has been suspended for the remainder of the 2009 season, head coach Chip Kelly announced Friday.

POW.

Hout was already in the process of getting reprimanded by his coach before he went night night....for everyone piling on Blount for what he did, just as much if not MORE of the blame should be on the shoulders of the man who got the whole thing started...

I see what your saying, but come on man talkin trash is a part of sports --- honestly if you got punched for everytime you talked trash to someone playinwhatever sport you play how many fights would you have been in?

DoubleJs07 wrote:

I won't speak for the guys on NT, they can speak for themselves, but here at work, where i am, nobody wanna talk about nothin today. All theflags come down, no shirts, SWEAR TO GOD, I have a friend who is a Duck fan, AND HE"S WEARING A BEAVERS HAT. I swear to you.
They don't even want to acknowledge a game happened.
laugh.gif

I haven't listened to any local media yet, so I don't know from that end.

Back
Top Bottom