#14 Oregon at #16 Boise St. BLOUNT'S COLLEGE CAREER = OVER - It's LaMichael James' show now

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

LOL at he got off easy --- dude is a collegiate athlete talkin trash to another collegiate athlete thats grounds for a suspension?
He instigated the whole damn thing...

1. He said something in a taunting manner

2. HE PUT HIS HANDS ON BLOUNT

3. He turned away like he thought nothing was gonna happen because of 1 & 2....

POW.

Hout was already in the process of getting reprimanded by his coach before he went night night....for everyone piling on Blount for what he did, just as much if not MORE of the blame should be on the shoulders of the man who got the whole thing started...

*for you folks that live in Oregon or follow Oregon football, how are the fans looking at this situation?

I look at the situation as such: Oregon's offensive problems start at the o-line and thats where it needs to be fixed. We've got some good backs (excluding Blount). What Blount did is a problem...a huge suspension or dismissal is all that is gonna work for me. I think LaMichael James is going to be a better back than him anyways. Just a bad, bad game all around. One to put behind and move forward to the next.

EDIT:

Senior tailback LeGarrette Blount has been suspended for the remainder of the 2009 season, head coach Chip Kelly announced Friday.

eyes.gif
Acting like you're better than him +$+% outta here. Nothing wouldhave happened if the moron from Boise St. didn't touch him or get in his face. Blount is just going to have to work on the combine right now so thathe's in shape. Going to be good seeing Oregon fail this year.

Some details about the type of suspension:

University of Oregon Head Football Coach Chip Kelly has announced that senior running back LeGarrette Blount will be suspended from the Ducks' football program for the remainder of the season following his involvement in a post-game incident after Thursday night's 19-8 loss at Boise State.

Kelly said the suspension would remain in effect through any bowl games the Ducks may play in.

Kelly emphasized that Blount will remain a part of the school's football program and remain on scholarship throughout the remainder of the year. Blount will continue to have access to all of the university's support services provided to all student-athletes, will be allowed to take part in all team activities, including practice with the team, and will be held accountable to all team rules and regulations. However he will not be allowed to participate in any games.

Blount rushed for 1,002 yards a year ago and established a school record with 17 rushing touchdowns.

Dude pissed his career away in that game last night. Bye Blounty

he is lucky he still got a scholarship and is able to go to school

my friend who went to oregon hasnt logged back on his twitter since the first half of the gm
laugh.gif

Oh man this dude had 1,002 yards rushing and now finishes his career with 997 yards because of his -5 yards he had last night.

This dude just can't win.

Originally Posted by langfor5

Oh man this dude had 1,002 yards rushing and now finishes his career with 997 yards because of his -5 yards he had last night.

This dude just can't win.
laugh.gif

if you think nobody will pick him up in in the later part of the draft on as a FA you crazy

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by JONFARR

What do you mean got off easy? He really didn't do any thing serious. If you can't take some trash talk especially after dishing it out then **** (as he prolly will be forced to).

He ignited the whole thing. LeGarrette was already eating crow after what he said and the scoreboard said enough. Dude instigated it.. Should be suspended 1 game IMO.

If he wanted some get back, he should have done it during the game. Don't wait until the game is over, and you got your *++@% handed to you.

Trash talk is part of every sport, its nothing new. The best players of all time in all sports were trash talkers, you just have to learn to let your play dothe talking.

I do not agree with the Boise St. players not having their teammates back, but it is over and done with now.

Originally Posted by CP1708

DoubleJs07 wrote:

*for you folks that live in Oregon or follow Oregon football, how are the fans looking at this situation?
I won't speak for the guys on NT, they can speak for themselves, but here at work, where i am, nobody wanna talk about nothin today. All the flags come down, no shirts, SWEAR TO GOD, I have a friend who is a Duck fan, AND HE"S WEARING A BEAVERS HAT. I swear to you.
They don't even want to acknowledge a game happened.
laugh.gif

I haven't listened to any local media yet, so I don't know from that end.

Umm... it's normal here in Eugene. Flags and everything.

Hell, I'm wearing my U of O polo right now. I wish I had a pair of Oregon MMA gloves.

Any Oregon fan that puts on a piece of Beaver gear is a straight up punk +!!!#!. Fairweather fans ftl.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

if you think nobody will pick him up in in the later part of the draft on as a FA you crazy

will be on next season's Bengals Hard Knocks.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

What do you mean got off easy? He really didn't do any thing serious. If you can't take some trash talk especially after dishing it out then **** (as he prolly will be forced to).

He ignited the whole thing. LeGarrette was already eating crow after what he said and the scoreboard said enough. Dude instigated it.. Should be suspended 1 game IMO.

If he wanted some get back, he should have done it during the game. Don't wait until the game is over, and you got your *++@% handed to you.

Trash talk is part of every sport, its nothing new. The best players of all time in all sports were trash talkers, you just have to learn to let your play do the talking.

I do not agree with the Boise St. players not having their teammates back, but it is over and done with now.
He's a tailback. When your O-Line is garbage there is nothing you can do. If anything he should have snuffed the dudes on the line. Teach themhow to open holes, run and pass block.

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Nothing would have happened if the moron from Boise St. didn't touch him or get in his face.

Making excuses for a dude who cant control his emotions.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Any Oregon fan that puts on a piece of Beaver gear is a straight up punk +!!!#!. Fairweather fans ftl.

Yup.

All over Facebook my Beaver friends are dishing it out to my Duck friends, and the Ducks are taking it in stride, agreeing on the suspension and all the crapthey're getting.

I agree with the suspension. Blount overreacted and shouldn't have tried to go into the stands, regardless of what a fan called you.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Trash talk is part of every sport, its nothing new. The best players of all time in all sports were trash talkers, you just have to learn to let your play do the talking.
No. ur wrong. U aint Never seen no great player do what that guy from Boise St did. u disagree, go listen to what the ex football player analysts are saying on ESPN

Originally Posted by 18key

Yup.

All over Facebook my Beaver friends are dishing it out to my Duck friends, and the Ducks are taking it in stride, agreeing on the suspension and all the crap they're getting.

I agree with the suspension. Blount overreacted and shouldn't have tried to go into the stands, regardless of what a fan called you.
I disagree. Fans think that because they pay for a ticket that they can do anything they want. Some of them need to get handled for what they say.A lot of slurs come out of the stands and they get too personal.

Making excuses for a dude who cant control his emotions.
indifferent.gif

pimp.gif
Go back to slobbing Tony Romo.

This suspension is insane, the length at least. You have players that fight on campus with students, rape and steal that don't miss any games at all.

Originally Posted by CP1708

DoubleJs07 wrote:

I won't speak for the guys on NT, they can speak for themselves, but here at work, where i am, nobody wanna talk about nothin today. All the flags come down, no shirts, SWEAR TO GOD, I have a friend who is a Duck fan, AND HE"S WEARING A BEAVERS HAT. I swear to you.
They don't even want to acknowledge a game happened.
laugh.gif

I haven't listened to any local media yet, so I don't know from that end.

Then they're not fans, they're bandwagoners.

Basically the way I'm looking at it is it was the first game of the season so the Ducks can make for it, it's not the end. It was a loss to a rankedteam as well so it could have been worse. Now of course all of that is a black box view of the game. If the Ducks continue to play as they did last nightthen this is going to be a really long season. I don't even know where to start with the flaws I saw last night, really there isn't a single part ofthe team that doesn't need a huge amount of improvement. I've read some blogs and articles that stated that the Ducks defense showed up in the game,but really all I saw was TJ Ward until he got hurt. I think really all people were seeing was the stark difference between the Ducks offense and defense. That difference would be the difference between a fresh dog pile and a septic tank overflowing with failure. Granted that the Ducks defense has never beenthat good (sometimes down right terrible) to begin with. Also to help credit the Ducks defense the Bronco's offense didn't exactly show a great amountof talent and organization as well, but once again comparatively they looked like gods. Not to sound salty or like a homer, but Boise St.'s defensedidn't perform all that well either. Granted they took care of business, but the way the Ducks defense performed they probably didn't even need totake the field to keep the Ducks out of the endzone.

Now I've tried to figure out what all went wrong last night, and even talked to Chester over the phone to see if he could put his finger on it. We bothseemed to come to the conclusion of FUBAR. Hell I couldn't even come up with any lame excuses
laugh.gif
. All in all if next week is a repeat of this week, then Chip Kelley and therest of the coaching staff has some explaining to do.

^^ That's because next week is PURDUE.
Again, I'm a true Duck fan. I'll stick with them through thick and thin.
I was with them after the loss to Indiana (which was...oh my...just a terrible, terrible, terrible loss, at HOME no less). I was there through the debaclesthat were the 2002, 2006 seasons full of epic fail during the second half of the season. They'll be alright in the long run. Short-term though, this is nobueno!

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Originally Posted by 18key

Yup.

All over Facebook my Beaver friends are dishing it out to my Duck friends, and the Ducks are taking it in stride, agreeing on the suspension and all the crap they're getting.

I disagree. Fans think that because they pay for a ticket that they can do anything they want. Some of them need to get handled for what they say. A lot of slurs come out of the stands and they get too personal.

This suspension is insane, the length at least. You have players that fight on campus with students, rape and steal that don't miss any games at all.
That's why you have to have thick skin if you play sports. You need to be able to take anything fans say, no matter how out of line,especially when you're playing on national tv.

You do have players who fight, rape, steal, but they dont do that on live tv. And after his past altercations and problems on the team, Kelly needed to getcontrol over the situation. I dont blame him for suspending Blount for the year, and if Blount's lucky he can move on from this and make it into the NFL.

Sloppy game, But oregon had a couple chances to get back into the game & win but blew it

Both teams aint worth being in the top 20 & dat oregon tail back a busta for that sucka punch

Back
Top Bottom