15 rappers whose careers are on life support

Tip and 50 are doing quite well for themselves outside of music.

It's a smart transition. So this list is misleading. Their "rap" careers may not be what they used to. But they straight.

:lol: There's no way you could add Eminem nor Wayne to this list, no matter how bad there music has been for awhile now

Banks shouldn't be on the list...The list fails to mention the string of 5 VERY GOOD mixtapes that led to HFM2...and had 2 singles off that album with crazy buzz. BBB was the last time I heard Juelz on a big song too. 
Banks puts in so much work and I'm glad it finally paid off in a way but he's being held back by 50 so much. I really wish he would leave G-UNIT and join a label or crew that actually cares. He's actually grown a lot as an artist and with a good team handling his project I know he can produce a classic.

That Banks Gangsta Grillz should be dropping soon too.
sick.gif

You guys are getting making quality music and career on life support mixed up. Em can make the whackest albums for the rest of his career but as long as he sells well his career is not on life support. On the other hand dudes on this list for the most part make bad music and more importantly are irrelevant to the point that even if their music is good nobody cares.

Nelly should just retire, no one will ever care for Bow Wow again, Jim Jones should just stop making music literally no one cares about him, Lloyd Bank IMO never had a career to speak of, Im afraid DMX's time has passed, 50 just cant make bangers like he used to. I feel like the Game can drop good material for the next 3 years.
you MUST be 14 years old.....

double platinum debut and da more money in da bank series >>>*

now we can agree that his new flow sounds TERRRRIBLE, like he swallowed bleach or something, but when lloyd banks was da boy wonder wit that monotone

flow, cats forgot who fabolous was.

If 50's career is on life support, then Lloyd Banks career is definitely on life support. Sure he still comes with solid projects but people just aren't checking for him anymore.
Not at all. Banks just doesn't even try anymore, he got caked up and lost that hunger. 50 along with a few other artists on that list will be able to tour forever
because of the classics they've dropped, but as far as new music the majority of that list is DUNZO.
true to a point....

jim jones and juelz though are still good money pending that diplomat immunity 3 actually is that cooked crack people have been waiting for....

and i dunno what ya talking bout wit jim jones, his mixtapes are usually da most consistent of all da dipset members..that 60 rackz is a club banger

juelz though...damn b, whats da game's been missing was 2005

Nelly should just retire, no one will ever care for Bow Wow again, Jim Jones should just stop making music literally no one cares about him. Lloyd Bank IMO never had a career to speak of, Im afraid DMX's time has passed, 50 just cant make bangers like he used to. I feel like the Game can drop good material for the next 3 years.
you MUST be 14 years old.....

double platinum debut and da more money in da bank series >>>*

now we can agree that his new flow sounds TERRRRIBLE, like he swallowed bleach or something, but when lloyd banks was da boy wonder wit that monotone

flow, cats forgot who fabolous was.

So it's not just me who notices that change :lol: I don't think it's terrible at all though, cause that V5 mixtape is probably my fave out of all of his, but there is a definite difference in his voice on something like "Southside Story" and "What We Do Freestyle" vs "Big Bully" and "Can She Live?"

Last edited:
Fans pulled the cord on 50 around '07... The Kanye battle kept him around for a lil bit but the writing was on the wall
once he went at fan favorites jadakiss & camron ALOT of folks turned their backs on g-unit

He still has talent and can make good songs. If he can get one more run at the mainstream then he may be able to get his fans back...

That list is on point except for T.I., The Game and Banks on there. The game just dropped the Red Album last year which was very underrated. TIP still has some heat left if he can focus for a few months. Banks just dropped a decent tape.

He still has talent and can make good songs. If he can get one more run at the mainstream then he may be able to get his fans back...

I hate to admit this cause I've always been a Cham fan, but as for as the mainstream, he's been done for years. His 'Venom' album was supposed to come out in 2008, on Universal. It's 2012, he's independent, and he's only released that EP earlier this year. I still check for him every time he has something out though.

As far as Ludacris, I feel like he can get a hot single and album out and still do pretty well. Other than that mixtape he dropped last year, and singles here and there he gets on, he really doesn't do music related stuff much, yet a new Luda album would be way more in demand (and better) than a new 50 Cent album. Luda's like a more consistent Busta Rhymes at this point.

Last edited:
50 Cent? :rofl: Really?? He is top 5 in the richest rappers with Diddy, Jay, Birdman, and Dr. Dre. He doesn't even need to make music anymore to be rich because he's always finding some other ways to do it, business-wise (Vitamin Water, movies, etc.) He may not be making music anymore, but his career is FAR from over. He probably has more money than those other 14 guys on the list combined.
Game is still making music and I would say is still relevant in the music industry. Same with TI.

Last edited:
50 Cent? :rofl: Really?? He is top 5 in the richest rappers with Diddy, Jay, Birdman, and Dr. Dre. He doesn't even need to make music anymore to be rich because he's always finding some other ways to do it, business-wise (Vitamin Water, movies, etc.) He may not be making music anymore, but his career is FAR from over. He probably has more money than those other 14 guys on the list combined.
Game is still making music and I would say is still relevant in the music industry. Same with TI.

50 sold his stake in Vitamin Water, no one watches his movies, and no one checks for his music.

He might still have money and if he manages it he'll be able to live well on what he has.

With that being said, his career is over.

that is a great question good sir

you guys serious? :lol:

Battle of the Sexes (his last album) had a bunch of big hits and was #1 on the Billboard charts

sometimes you guys need to think outside this little Niketalk bubble you live in

Hip-hop easily has the worst fans. They care about the dumbest **** when it comes to an artist and are the most critical.
+1 . I do believe that T.I. and Game still has something left in em.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom