16 year old girl lost at sea

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I really don't see how anyone can call this girl dumb. If any of us had 1/10 of the ambition she had people here would be doing great things.
How can you call her stupid? It isn't like she just hopped in a boat one day and took off all willy nilly.

If anything I am envious.

Most of us will never come close to accomplishing such feats.

I applaud people with no fear and an adventurous spirit, just imagine where we'd be without people willing
to take risks.

Couldn't have said it any better than you guys did.

i hate to say it but it would have never been a black person..white people sometimes...for example when u hear a gunshot run away not towards it

Originally Posted by Senor Giles

This broad is a moron in the first place... who saw that ABC piece on her? Shorty got this million dollar yacht with auto pilot, Internet , tv and the whole 9 yards, ain't look to hard to drive that thing. The Australian kid did it in a beater boat and actually made it, she just in it for the fame, glad the sea put her in her place

By in her place you mean the bottom of the ocean?

Thats rough.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I really don't see how anyone can call this girl dumb. If any of us had 1/10 of the ambition she had people here would be doing great things.
How can you call her stupid? It isn't like she just hopped in a boat one day and took off all willy nilly.

I applaud people with no fear and an adventurous spirit, just imagine where we'd be without people willing
to take risks.

Ambition? No Fear?
There's also something called foolish or irrational.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

i hate to say it but it would have never been a black person..white people sometimes...for example when u hear a gunshot run away not towards it

If you really "hate to say it" then don't say it.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

to take risks.

Ambition? No Fear?

Again, someone has already said this, but if she had succeeded people would be applauding this. She'd be awesome. Since she may have failed, she/her parents are foolish or irrational? She knew the risks. Like was sad above, it's not like she hopped in a boat one day and decided to do this.

i hate to say it but it would have never been a blackperson..white people sometimes...for example when u hear a gunshot runaway not towards it

Really? A+ post.

I just watched that 20/20 special the other day.
smh.gif
, she and her parents knew what she was in for though.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

to take risks.

Ambition? No Fear?

Again, someone has already said this, but if she had succeeded people would be applauding this. She'd be awesome. Since she may have failed, she/her parents are foolish or irrational? She knew the risks. Like was sad above, it's not like she hopped in a boat one day and decided to do this.

i hate to say it but it would have never been a blackperson..white people sometimes...for example when u hear a gunshot runaway not towards it

Really? A+ post.

What does her success or lack thereof have to do with it?
No need to be so results oriented. Especially in this case.
These around the world sailboat voyages in this day and age are beyond irrational.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

if she would have accomplished her goal, she would be praised and awarded.
but since she's lost, she's called dumb.

i still applaud her, this is the type of stuff people live for. she wanted to live a LIFE of adventure and make a memory that would mean something to her.

so i applaud her, and i hope she comes up found and safe.

sure its not my cup of tea, but i admire someone who chases their dream like that.

Do parents say "no" anymore?

Your 16 year old child chasing her 16 year old dream/want is worth her life?

JUST SAY NO PARENTS. This free spirit new age thinking bs needs to stop.

shes alive and well. I hope the lesson is learned.. Instead she'll be on GMA, TODAY, and all those other shows providing shocking inspirational words.. Don't test fate too often, if at all.

A celebrity at failing.. But I guess the attempt is what counts?

Stay in school kids.

every place im reading is staying, " shes so brave. she has grit. she has guts to take chances? she has more determination than I do, as a 70 old woman"

Im telling you, if she wasnt a blonde white girl, everyone would be saying , "what is she?? ******ed?"

^I came in here to post that.
She dodged a big #@$ bullet with this one.I hope she and
her parents learned something.

stupid. shes trying to make money. look at her website. tons of merchandise to buy SMH this isnt about chasing a dream but money hungry parents

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

http://newsone.com/nation...es-plane-across-country/

Anyhow people need to have some sympathy, she knew the danger she was getting into. So did the first woman to fly across the globe. People who do this stuff for fame/ records know the dangers associated with it....they don't deserve to be ridiculed.

I am guessing I could gauge the ambition of the people who posted in here by how negative their feelings are towards this girl. Sickening.

In addition, I am guessing I could also gauge how +#%+$$ of parents you would be and how unsupportive your parents are/were.

Back
Top Bottom