$1K+ VALUE ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know what you meant and i also understand the basic human need for recognition. it's just that i don't agree with making a thread like this because it typifies what's wrong with the shoe collecting hobby. when the focus is on the value of a shoe and not the shoe itself, you get all kinds of cornballs jumping on the bandwagon. i'm personally ashamed to admit that i've paid over a grand for some nikes.

i know what you meant and i also understand the basic human need for recognition. it's just that i don't agree with making a thread like this because it typifies what's wrong with the shoe collecting hobby. when the focus is on the value of a shoe and not the shoe itself, you get all kinds of cornballs jumping on the bandwagon. i'm personally ashamed to admit that i've paid over a grand for some nikes.
pretty much

I've bought and sold single pairs for up to $15k.....and I'm not ashamed.  Why should I be?  I'm a collector and if I want something, I know I have to pay market.

You're looking at this thread the wrong way.  I could have called it "Top Shoes" or something to that effect, but to better define it and narrow things down, I called it "$1k+".  

if it has to be about money, i'd personally love to see a thread titled "lemme see you rockin the crap outta your 1k shoes w00t". other than that, no thanks tim. there are already other threads about rare shoes, PE's, samples etc.

Trying to hard to show off. You already posted in the PE thread where these belong.

What pair did you spend $15k on?

Last edited:
I think for the shoes you want to post, there already places they can be posted.

For those 13's, there is a pe thread...

making a thread like this... typifies what's wrong with the shoe collecting hobby. I'm personally ashamed to admit that i've paid over a grand for some nikes.

I've bought and sold single pairs for up to $15k.....and I'm not ashamed.  Why should I be?  I'm a collector and if I want something, I know I have to pay market.

I understand both perspectives.

And, Monte, I don't think anybody is telling you that you SHOULD feel embarrassed.

But, personally, I'm with "Mike." I don't really like talking about how much I pay for things. Outside the community, those conversations make me uneasy. When people ask me, How much do you think you've spent on sneakers? How much is your collection worth? Or, what is the most you've ever spent on a single pair?...My first reaction is, it's not about that. ..I don't ask my friends how much their vacation to Thailand set them back when they are showing me pics - it's about taking part in things that make you happy.

You got kids nowadays who don't even have organic love for shoes, but just want to have a "crazy collection" and be some sort of sneaker celebrity. And, that's what embarrasses me about being involved in this hobby - sharing it with those fools.Threads like this are the breeding grounds for those attitudes - no matter their original intention.

I love to see pics of rare PEs as much as the next guy, whether I hate or love the shoes themselves. But focusing on value alone lures people into this hobby for the wrong reasons.

nerd.gif

I have dropped 1k a few time on kicks and then feel like :smh:

I think it's cuz I just get caught up in the moment and then realize I doubt Ill really have time to rock them or don't even like them as much as I thought I did.

BIP- I agree 100% with what you said. I have a few friends that are like that. They will pass up a shoe at retail or dislike it. Then once they see that it's at a 1k+ price they will drop that piece just to be like they have it.

Mmonte- 15k :nerd: if you got it and wanted it more power to you. My wife complains at the amount I spend on kicks now. She would probably catch a heart attack if she found out I dropped that.

Post a pic of them :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom